Infant Care/ Domestic Helper/ Nanny???

Frankie13

Hi everyone,

Just to understand your experience in engaging either Domestic Helper or nanny to take care of your infant or putting him/her in infant care?

Please share the pro/con.

Thank you very much.

Hi everyone,

Just to understand your experience in engaging either Domestic Helper or nanny to take care of your infant or putting him/her in infant care?

Please share the pro/con.

Thank you very much.

Hi Frankie,

This is based on my experience only, quite long comment,
I have FDW to take care of my 2year old and newborn (soon) together with my mum. As we are staying with my parent.
We don't allow her to have hp for 3months to get her use to work schedule and training. After everything was doing good, I allow her to have hp. This is because I want her to communicate with her family and kids at hometown. I gave her WIFI access too. I understand when we are far apart from family have small kids, the feeling is much different. So I'm allowing her only after working hours. She will wake up daily at 5.30am and knock off her work at 8.30pm.

I put trust on her. Her priority was to take care of my boy and household is just as and when there's time. Or alternately if my mum take care of my boy, she can do household. All I can say we share jobs together even she is my helper.

Beginning was good as usual. Then months goes by, I notice her performance dropping and she using her hp during her working hours. Once my mum go out and come back spying on her. Guess what she do? She left my boy in the house while she drying the clothes outside the house. I've been telling her if my boy awake, all she need to do is attend to him, play, feed etc. Don't need to do any household. Cause priority is my boy. You know at those stage of their age, they are active and love to climb, run and curious on things right. But still she left him just like that.

Of course if you ask me choosing FDW or sending my baby to CC, I will choose FDW. I can put a cctv at home to monitor from work. But CC nope. And also, if at home baby will lesser risk of getting infection from others sick baby. And also to understand, at CC they don't have a lot of manpower or 1:1, 1:2. mostly like 1 staff to 3-4kids or more. And if they are sick, easily to spread.

My boy only fall sick either after injection or when we bring him to playground when mixing with other kids. But I still bring him to playground etc. haha! Even after that he fall sick but lesser control la :)

Fee wise, FDW i pay salary of $620 without off day (that's what she want) + $60 levy. Not sure about nanny and other source like CC. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask me :)

Hi, personally, I prefer nanny as the service is 1 to 1, better if can be recommended by frien.

My first nanny got two primary school kids, they always read for my gal and accompanied her to play..

My second nanny was older aunty, everything ok too..

I saw the kids at infant care while accompanied my son at childcare, the let them sit on the high chair before bf time and one of the kid fell asleep on the high chair, the tr just let him be.. hmm...

For my children, initially i had a nanny, but as the children grow up, it will definitely suggest getting a full time helper. It really eases alot of work load for you. You can try Best Helper @ Amk if you are considering hiring one. Look for Mr Phng ( 8660 5975 ). He has been very helpful in my process to find my helper. Good luck.

Back