Stay At Home Trying To Conceive (SAH TTC)

Hi, no I think I would go mad! Work is a great distraction for me. I have cut back though, not pushing myself as hard as before and focusing on health. Are you doing IVF? Is that why you’re not working?
Other reason for me to work is earn money for ivf, super expensive!

Reactions: ACB
Yup me neither. Taking a break drives me nuts so I rather be at work though taking a break from TTC helps sometimes.

No, if only focus on tting that will be too stressful for me. Are you ttcing now? If yes, you can try some supplements such as blackmore conceive well-gold or chicken essence for pregnancy plan to nourish your egg. I've tried both of them and got pregnant successfully. Don't give yourself too much pressure, ttcing needs both of you and your hubby to work together.

Thanks ladies for the advice...
Whatever you think is right for you! You know your job, your body, how you cope with stress, your finances. There is a lot to consider and one thing that is important it preparing for pregnancy. Look after yourself!

Whatever you think is right for you! You know your job, your body, how you cope with stress, your finances. There is a lot to consider and one thing that is important it preparing for pregnancy. Look after yourself!

Thank you babe, certainly there is a lot to consider :) you jiayou too :)

I quit my job to ttc in April this year, thinking that it will not take long once started fertility treatments .However, I had 3 failed round of iui , then moved on to ivf. The journey took too long, and I changed my mind and went back to work . The first round of ivf resulting in freezing of all embryos due to high risk of OHSS , and recommended by doctor to waited two cycles before starting frozen cycle... Now just transferred first blastocyst last week and in 2ww.

I would say if the journey didn't take so long, I am happy to stay home to just focus on ttc .But it takes a very long period of time for me and I am very very bored during this process .

i have quit my job and taking a break to TTC.

My office are all ladies and every one have already given birth/pregnant again and every time they talk about pregnancy and motherhood I just feel so out of place. I have PCOS so it makes conceiving harder.

Anyway, will take a break for now and see how things goes.

I've taken year 2018 off from work but unfortunately I'm still without a baby... so it's back to job hunt for me. Hopefully 2019 will be my year!

I have not been working since May. I have been concentrating on TTC, I feel rather bored at home. But better than during work, I feel stressed. Actually, I abit worried next time I have problem having a job. But I have discussed with my husband, he is ok that I work only and I am happy. I told him I will surely work in future.

Hey ladies, I am happy to be happened to find such a support forum for stay at home TTC women here. I am planning to quit my job either this Dec end or within next 2mths with TTC plan. What happened was I miscarriaged at 9th week in late Oct 2018 due to suddent stop of heartbeat foetus. Its my 1st pregnancy. Gynae found no cause but at large extend I attribute to my stressful & toxic work env. As I am turning 38 in 2 mths time, I really dun wish work to affect my pregnancy. Dun noe how soon I can conceive again.....starting a new job now also may not work well. Time not on my side.....

Have been trying for almost a year after I lose my first baby girl during week 18. Didn't have any good news till lately I got impacted by the company restructuring & that's when I conceived. I believe having a relaxing mindset will make the sex life between your husband & yourself less stressful. Yes, thou I may be jobless for the next few months, I can always lookout for PT job to kill time if I want to. Definitely it's a sacrifice to give up what I have achieved so far in my career. But I guess, there's a time for everything. Money can be earn back but not as age is catching up. And family above others. You can always be replace easily at work but family is always there. That's what I learn through the hard way.

Have been trying for almost a year after I lose my first baby girl during week 18. Didn't have any good news till lately I got impacted by the company restructuring & that's when I conceived. I believe having a relaxing mindset will make the sex life between your husband & yourself less stressful. Yes, thou I may be jobless for the next few months, I can always lookout for PT job to kill time if I want to. Definitely it's a sacrifice to give up what I have achieved so far in my career. But I guess, there's a time for everything. Money can be earn back but not as age is catching up. And family above others. You can always be replace easily at work but family is always there. That's what I learn through the hard way.
Sorry to hear about your loss a year ago. Must be hard on you. Totally agree with you that employees are replacable at workplaces, but not your life. Wish you all the best in lesser stress-free env for successful pregnancy & delivery to healthy bb. I am starting ttc this mth. Wnt know how long I can be conceived after m/c in Oct 18 at week9 but has prepared to throw letter end of mth & last day at work end March. Workplace is toxic. Made to work non-stop 11 days w/o off days during my early pregnancy. The Lord will bless me thru this courage to stay out of unhealthy workplace.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your loss a year ago. Must be hard on you. Totally agree with you that employees are replacable at workplaces, but not your life. Wish you all the best in lesser stress-free env for successful pregnancy & delivery to healthy bb. I am starting ttc this mth. Wnt know how long I can be conceived after m/c in Oct 18 at week9 but has prepared to throw letter end of mth & last day at work end March. Workplace is toxic. Made to work non-stop 11 days w/o off days during my early pregnancy. The Lord will bless me thru this courage to stay out of unhealthy workplace.

TTC is really a difficult journey for some of us but have the faith that we will be blessed with our LO when the time is right. Have the faith! If you decided, just move on perhaps it’s heaven way of telling you it’s time to rest & focus on family.

I used to be very persistent in not leaving my work thou it’s toxic cox I can’t let go of my salary, the achievement I build up. After the loss, I nearly sink into depression going back to the workplace cox I lose the baby partly due to stress & my bosses were not understanding.

I settled for something less stressful but I didn’t strike. But on the same month I got impacted by the restructure, I got it. So I just take it as a blessing in disguise. Heaven way of guiding me to take the rest I always wanted but didn’t have the courage to.

TTC is really a difficult journey for some of us but have the faith that we will be blessed with our LO when the time is right. Have the faith! If you decided, just move on perhaps it’s heaven way of telling you it’s time to rest & focus on family.

I used to be very persistent in not leaving my work thou it’s toxic cox I can’t let go of my salary, the achievement I build up. After the loss, I nearly sink into depression going back to the workplace cox I lose the baby partly due to stress & my bosses were not understanding.

I settled for something less stressful but I didn’t strike. But on the same month I got impacted by the restructure, I got it. So I just take it as a blessing in disguise. Heaven way of guiding me to take the rest I always wanted but didn’t have the courage to.
Totally with you. I am struggling too as I take back high salary. Thou Gynae cant pinpoint whats the real cause for my bb heartbeat to suddenly stopped, I cant stop feeling its the period of 11 days non-stop at office with no rest day. Its a terrible place I wnt want to continue. Wanted to leave when my pregnancy reached 5th mth. Resignation letter ready. Too bad, I cant even pass thru my 1st trim.

A word of encouragement that the Lord is our healer, provider & comforter. Keep thinking maybe its God's way of telling me that my job now is to conceive & enj happy pregancy for healthy bb. Work is irrelevant. He would not put us in situations that its beyond us. He blessed Sarah with a womb to conceive even at her old age.

For now, since you have decided. Move on & focus on happi pregnancy. U will see sunshine after the rainbow. Have to keep pressing. Its tough, its worth it!

加油

Joining this thread as i'm taking on freelance work to TTC. Been trying for several mths and no positive news so far. Had a endometriosis op 2 years ago and was not actively trying after the surgery until almost 6 months ago. My SO and I are not any younger so it's like now or never opportunity if you miss the boat. For now, It's going to be a long journey to TTC and just want to keep it less stressful as possible, keeping the faith to believe for a breakthrough and a miracle for the LO to come this year!

Last edited:
Joining this thread as i'm taking on freelance work to TTC. Been trying for several mths and no positive news so far. Had a endometriosis op 2 years ago and was not actively trying after the surgery until almost 6 months ago. My SO and I are not any younger so it's like now or never opportunity if you miss the boat. For now, It's going to be a long journey to TTC and just want to keep it less stressful as possible, keeping the faith to believe for a breakthrough and a miracle for the LO to come this year!
I came across testimonies of Tian Yuan Xiang 想孕 chicken essence in other topics of this forum. Attached some information fyi. Be mindful if u are taking some other fertility medication as not too sure can consume both chicken essence + ferility medicine concurrently. I have just bought a box over the weekend. Tot its no harm trying. As I have recovered from a miscarriage in Oct 2018, new start of 2019 is a gd & fresh start again! I take it as a tonic in preparing to conceive.

Heard Tian Yuan Xiang may have upcoming promo at Expo BB fair in Jan 2019. Not announced in their website yet thou. They have a retail shop at B1 United Square. I dropped by twice b4 deciding to grab a box. Talk to female staff, Joanne is better.

Hope to hear some gd news from u soon! I am in search for part-time flexible job before I officially leave my job in time to come! Take care & 加油
Screenshot_20181227-224618_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg
Screenshot_20181226-134845.jpeg
Screenshot_20181226-134256.jpeg
Screenshot_20181226-133629.jpeg

@Naomi Lai - Thank you so much for the helpful notes! :)
And i'm so sorry to read about your lost! Do have lots of rest and recover well that's the most important. Will check out this brand as currently i'm on Brands chix essence. Yes, let's jiayou and believe for a 2019 baby! :)

@Naomi Lai - Thank you so much for the helpful notes! :)
And i'm so sorry to read about your lost! Do have lots of rest and recover well that's the most important. Will check out this brand as currently i'm on Brands chix essence. Yes, let's jiayou and believe for a 2019 baby! :)
Thanks sweetie! Good thgs are on their way & lets have simple faith! Take care girl!

Ah so happy to find this thread. I’m also considering quitting my job to focus on IVF. I feel guilty taking leave for IVF and I find that the bosses are not very understanding.

Hey ladies, I am happy to be happened to find such a support forum for stay at home TTC women here. I am planning to quit my job either this Dec end or within next 2mths with TTC plan. What happened was I miscarriaged at 9th week in late Oct 2018 due to suddent stop of heartbeat foetus. Its my 1st pregnancy. Gynae found no cause but at large extend I attribute to my stressful & toxic work env. As I am turning 38 in 2 mths time, I really dun wish work to affect my pregnancy. Dun noe how soon I can conceive again.....starting a new job now also may not work well. Time not on my side.....

Hi Naomi, hows your journey so far ? Have you taken the step to quit?

i have quit my job and taking a break to TTC.

My office are all ladies and every one have already given birth/pregnant again and every time they talk about pregnancy and motherhood I just feel so out of place. I have PCOS so it makes conceiving harder.

Anyway, will take a break for now and see how things goes.

Feeling the same.... but worried that I’ll be bored if I quit

Hi ladies, I also quit my job TTC since Sep 2018. My last job was so stressful until I frequently experienced gastric and breathless situations. Obviously it didn’t help in getting pregnant when I was working thus decided to leave my job after at least one year of struggle. Went for holidays after I left my job and surprising managed to conceive 3 months later. Really didn’t expect to conceive cos the ovulation kit was not positive, but Guess it could all be fated when time is right. However, unfortunately I miscarried in 9th week on my 2nd prenatal visit. Was such a terrible blow. Gynae said no heartbeat and neck was too thick. I’m on my recovery stage now and hopefully can try again! I also wish to be added to the chat group so as to share views and comments. Thanks gals.

Hi ladies, I also quit my job TTC since Sep 2018. My last job was so stressful until I frequently experienced gastric and breathless situations. Obviously it didn’t help in getting pregnant when I was working thus decided to leave my job after at least one year of struggle. Went for holidays after I left my job and surprising managed to conceive 3 months later. Really didn’t expect to conceive cos the ovulation kit was not positive, but Guess it could all be fated when time is right. However, unfortunately I miscarried in 9th week on my 2nd prenatal visit. Was such a terrible blow. Gynae said no heartbeat and neck was too thick. I’m on my recovery stage now and hopefully can try again! I also wish to be added to the chat group so as to share views and comments. Thanks gals.

Fight on!

Hi, just want to share that i also took a long career break to try for baby. Was getting a good compensation with my corporate job but i knew the pace of work, responsibility and stress will be detrimental to my already low chance of pregnancy due to my age. I just wanted to make sure i do whatever i can to increase my chance of conceiving. I tried everything and nearly went for ivf too. Just want to share that i am finally conceiving, into my 8th week, naturally at >40 of age. So it is possible ladies! Keep up the hope!

Hi, just want to share that i also took a long career break to try for baby. Was getting a good compensation with my corporate job but i knew the pace of work, responsibility and stress will be detrimental to my already low chance of pregnancy due to my age. I just wanted to make sure i do whatever i can to increase my chance of conceiving. I tried everything and nearly went for ivf too. Just want to share that i am finally conceiving, into my 8th week, naturally at >40 of age. So it is possible ladies! Keep up the hope!

Congratulations, thanks for sharing~ sometimes also wondering if it’s due to work stress as the examination everything is fine..and planning to take long break also but always worry so much become kind of stressed ..

Back