Is it safe to put baby at Infantcare @ 6 months?

WY10

Hello, im a FTM here and has looked at a few infantcare centres for my baby. But i have been told by many that baby’s immunity is too low to leave at infantcare after 16 weeks (maternity leave), plus i noticed that most infants at these centres that I visited are at least 10 months old (although i was candidly told by the staff that these infants have been there since 3+ months). Can anyone share their experience of placing their babies at infantcare at 6 months or younger? Is it really not advisable? Thank you.

I'm on the same boat as you right now! I'm thinking of putting my baby girl in infant care when she's 3months so that i could go back to work. But yes, i'm also scared that baby's immunity is still low. Can't decide what is the best option.

Hello, im a FTM here and has looked at a few infantcare centres for my baby. But i have been told by many that baby’s immunity is too low to leave at infantcare after 16 weeks (maternity leave), plus i noticed that most infants at these centres that I visited are at least 10 months old (although i was candidly told by the staff that these infants have been there since 3+ months). Can anyone share their experience of placing their babies at infantcare at 6 months or younger? Is it really not advisable? Thank you.

Hi,

So how are you settle down your baby now? infant care? My baby now is 4 months old. I still cannot decide infant care or domestic helper (with my inlaw at home)....

Posting this in behalf of the loving and well-experienced nanny of my son. Mummies and daddies, if you're having a difficult and emotional time looking for a trustworthy nanny for your precious baby, I highly recommend my son's nanny who has been taking care of him since he was 3 months old. I was able to work with peace of mind knowing that she treats my son as her own. She was able to teach my son how to drink in a water bottle @ 9months old, and how to keep his toys and and books properly before he turned 1, she also cuts his hair nicely! My son loves her dearly and is always happy whenever he's with her but now my son has turned 18 months, he needs to go to childcare with me (I'm a childcare teacher). For sure he will miss her so much, she's a real gem! please don't hesitate to message me if you have queries or if you want her contact number. I will be more than pleased to help you as this is the only way I could repay her kindness Thanks!

Posting this in behalf of the loving and well-experienced nanny of my son. Mummies and daddies, if you're having a difficult and emotional time looking for a trustworthy nanny for your precious baby, I highly recommend my son's nanny who has been taking care of him since he was 3 months old. I was able to work with peace of mind knowing that she treats my son as her own. She was able to teach my son how to drink in a water bottle @ 9months old, and how to keep his toys and and books properly before he turned 1, she also cuts his hair nicely! My son loves her dearly and is always happy whenever he's with her but now my son has turned 18 months, he needs to go to childcare with me (I'm a childcare teacher). For sure he will miss her so much, she's a real gem! please don't hesitate to message me if you have queries or if you want her contact number. I will be more than pleased to help you as this is the only way I could repay her kindness Thanks!

Hi Shinny,

Can i have your son's nanny contact? I am contactable at 91773247

Im contactable at 91800996. Interested as well. Facing the same predicament.

Hi Cindy! do you need a babysitter urgently? my apologies because she will only be able to take in a new baby in March
Hi , I’m currently looking for a nanny to take care of my twins starts from mid March or April , can whatsapp me at 8183 7651

Hi
I know this is a late reply, but I hope this can help mothers out there who are currently considering the infant care option.

I put mine in infant care around 4 months? Or perhaps younger..I cannot really remember now. Like all mothers, I had the concern of baby falling sick etc, and I also felt that baby was so 'pitiful' to be placed in an infant care. Before that, I did check out a few babysitters as well.

In the end, off to infant care my baby went. Yes, initially he did get an occasional flu or cough, but it was okay. Now my baby is already 10 months old and I must say I have no regrets about putting him in infant care. Yes, when I first put him, I cried like hell for the first week. First day I already cried when I was pushing him from home to my lift. Haha. But.... I find that he is meaningfully occupied in infantcare. They have activities for him. WHen he first went, he was the youngest and the infant care principal sort of informally assigned an experienced teacher (read: auntie) to take care of him. They were professional and most importantly, I can really sense that they love him. The experienced teacher/auntie took very good care of him. Also, I noticed that now my baby is not so shy of strangers. Although he is at the separation anxiety stage, I find that it is quite okay.

So ya, if u ask me now, I would say infant care for me is better than a babysitter. At least I know safety standards and health standards are met, and that baby has activities to do when baby is awake. :) So mummies, don't feel so bad. Infant care, the right one, is not as bad as it has been perceived. :)

Hi,
it's very difficult for babies at this age because babies should continue to have breast milk or infant formula until he is 1 year old.

DigitalOceanSiteGroundiPage

Last edited:
I sent my 2 kids to infant care when they were 3 months old. I felt more at ease than to employ a nanny as infant care has activities for them and they are able to learn alot more.

my baby is 7 mths old now and my husband and i are looking at IFC now as well. I feel that IFC will benefit my child better in terms of social skills (interacting with other children, teachers), learn new skills through the IFC's structured programmes, etc. i am also concerned that she may fall sick more often as many friends have told me it will happen but i think the benefits outweigh the cons? anyone has any IFC to recommend in the east?

I was too dogtired taking care of the baby with zero help, that i sent my baby to ifc when he turned 2 months..pls don't judge cos i really tried my best.

Anyway ifc is not bad. He does fall sick quite often but it's usually just the flu. Diet wise, everyday i will pack the expressed breastmilk for his daily feeds . The teachers will also talk to him and play toys with him, change diapers & shower him.

Back