IVF Mummies 2018

Hi Ladies,

Can I check with anyone of you, how long is the entire process of IVF (for normal protocol)? (i.e., if I were to start in August 2018 with CD1 AF on 5th August 2018).
-How many days of stimulation (for normal process)?
-Does the injections starts on CD1/in between AF/after AF cleared?
-How frequent do you have to go to and fro the clinic for scans? Every alternate day etc.?

Thank you in advance ya :)

Hi,

For both my fresh cycles, my stimulation period was about 10 days and OPU was on the 12th day. (This depends on the growth of the follicles and the thickness of the lining.) Embryos were cultivated to blastocysts and transferred back to body 5 days later. If not, embryos will be transferred back 2/3 days after OPU. After that, it'll be start of the 2WW. I'm not sure if this is the usual duration for most ladies. But it's about the same for my friends.

The injections started in between the AF cos the baseline scan will be done when we are still having AF.

I did my cycles in KKIVF. After the baseline scan and the start of the jabs, I only went back for a scan about one week later. The number of scans after that and frequency depends on the growth of the follicles and the thickness of womb lining. For me, it's about 4 scans for each cycle. I'm not sure if other IVF centres will have shorter intervals between the scans. It may vary.

Hope the info is useful.

Hi,

For both my fresh cycles, my stimulation period was about 10 days and OPU was on the 12th day. (This depends on the growth of the follicles and the thickness of the lining.) Embryos were cultivated to blastocysts and transferred back to body 5 days later. If not, embryos will be transferred back 2/3 days after OPU. After that, it'll be start of the 2WW. I'm not sure if this is the usual duration for most ladies. But it's about the same for my friends.

The injections started in between the AF cos the baseline scan will be done when we are still having AF.

I did my cycles in KKIVF. After the baseline scan and the start of the jabs, I only went back for a scan about one week later. The number of scans after that and frequency depends on the growth of the follicles and the thickness of womb lining. For me, it's about 4 scans for each cycle. I'm not sure if other IVF centres will have shorter intervals between the scans. It may vary.

Hope the info is useful.
Thank you so much for the helpful info! :) What was your diagnosis that you had to go thru IVF?
How much did you pay for the entire process?

Thank you so much for the helpful info! :) What was your diagnosis that you had to go thru IVF?
How much did you pay for the entire process?

Hi Angel,

I had to go for IVF as my husband had to undergo chemotherapy for his medical condition. So we stored his sperms at KKH before the chemo.

For my first cycle, I didn't pay much in cash after Medisave withdrawal and govt co-funding (if you are a singaporean). About $600 for the registration, briefing and blood tests. For the second cycle, I paid about $3k in cash. There's a lower Medisave withdrawal limit for 2nd cycle and I had embryos for freezing and storage. The cost depends on the medication you need so I think it'll differ for everyone.

You can go for the briefing and they'll have a breakdown of all the costs and co-funding you can receive. They'll also give you the timeline for the whole process.

Hi Angel,

I had to go for IVF as my husband had to undergo chemotherapy for his medical condition. So we stored his sperms at KKH before the chemo.

For my first cycle, I didn't pay much in cash after Medisave withdrawal and govt co-funding (if you are a singaporean). About $600 for the registration, briefing and blood tests. For the second cycle, I paid about $3k in cash. There's a lower Medisave withdrawal limit for 2nd cycle and I had embryos for freezing and storage. The cost depends on the medication you need so I think it'll differ for everyone.

You can go for the briefing and they'll have a breakdown of all the costs and co-funding you can receive. They'll also give you the timeline for the whole process.
Thank you so so much for the detailed information, it is really helpful!!☺️☺️ Any BFP from your IVF cycles?☺️

Hi, i'm a newbie here. Me and my husband decided to go for IVF after 3 years TTC. Any good advice on KKH subsidized IVF.

All the best! My gynae advised not to pursue due to follicle cyst, gonna wait till next cycle :( at which day of menses did you start stimms? Did you do IUI prior to ivf?

All the best! My gynae advised not to pursue due to follicle cyst, gonna wait till next cycle :( at which day of menses did you start stimms? Did you do IUI prior to ivf?
Thanks! Yes I did iui prior to ivf. Started stimms on D2 of menses.

Apparently, the cyst disappeared during my second scan. So doctor continue me with higher dosage of injections. feels so bloated and sleepy after the jab... Haha!

Are you starting yours in January?

Thanks! Yes I did iui prior to ivf. Started stimms on D2 of menses.

Apparently, the cyst disappeared during my second scan. So doctor continue me with higher dosage of injections. feels so bloated and sleepy after the jab... Haha!

Are you starting yours in January?
same! i also did IUI prior and my gynae says the follicle cyst might be due to overflow effect from the meds i took in IUI..

wow thats amazing! Mine became smaller by 2mm (but it was still apparent) and oestrogen levels went down. But gynae say play safe cause the follicle cyst is still there.

Yes I guess (to start in Jan 19), starting norethisterone for 21 days before bleed, hopefully no more follicle cysts this time round! :)

Hi Angel0811,

Completed my first fresh IVF and it was BFN. Sigh... No implantation at all.

Moving on to my FET in February.

How about yourself?

Ohh I'm at the second day of stimming! do you mind if i ask how many did you retrieve/fertilised/put it back?

was it frozen or fresh transfer? Was it Male factor for your case too?

Ohh I'm at the second day of stimming! do you mind if i ask how many did you retrieve/fertilised/put it back?

was it frozen or fresh transfer? Was it Male factor for your case too?
Great! Do rest more during stim and eat more egg white before ER.

Retrieved : 16
Fertilised : 12
Transfered : 2

It was my first fresh transfer. I don't think it was due to male factor alone though. The embies just doesn't stick.

Great! Do rest more during stim and eat more egg white before ER.

Retrieved : 16
Fertilised : 12
Transfered : 2

It was my first fresh transfer. I don't think it was due to male factor alone though. The embies just doesn't stick.
Wow the retrieval numbers are amazing! I hope i can get as much as youuuuuuu :)
Noted, thank u so much for the tip! Will eat more egg whites!
Sorry to hear about that, did u also go for accupuncture prior to transfer?

I am facing male factor... hopefully can get as many fertilized as yours :) How many frozen do you have?

Wow the retrieval numbers are amazing! I hope i can get as much as youuuuuuu :)
Noted, thank u so much for the tip! Will eat more egg whites!
Sorry to hear about that, did u also go for accupuncture prior to transfer?

I am facing male factor... hopefully can get as many fertilized as yours :) How many frozen do you have?
You definitely can do it! Jiayou! What's your AMH level? Are you transferring this month?

Nope, I didn't go for acupuncture as it was my first time and I didnt prepare much in advance! #idiotme do you think tcm /accupuncture really helps in fertility? Are you seeing one? Any good tips to share?

I have 10 frozen embies.

Wow 10 frozen embies <3

I don't know much about accupuncture, but i just try out cause' my friend told me to. So far my uterine lining has increased 1 to 2mm without me spamming red bean soup and avocado milkshakes :D

My AMH is 56.0 (following NUH's chart)... Not transferring this month cause Gynae says I'm a high responder so it is best to do a frozen cycle. When is your next FET? What was your dosage during stimms btw?

Back