Giving Birth at KKH

IvanLee

Hi all

My wife and I intend to give birth at KKH. So far , we have not selected any private Gynae.During every check up session , doctor who is available at that time was assigned to us but so far we are OK with that.

Do we still need to select a private Gynae for delivery , or KKH will assign for us?

This is our first baby , so we have no experience on the procedure. :(

Can advise us? Thanks in advance la....;)

Depend on your choice n budget. If u are in subsidize then they will assign the on duty gynae to help your wife deliver n of course cheaper a lot. But some gynae can be just graduate n they might ask your permission to let trainee enter the labour room for their learning. Depend if u want privacy or not.

On top of that u can’t choose single bedded room (ward A1 or B1) so u have to share with other.

Congrats!!

Depending on your preferences. Going subsidise category means you will see a different doctor every visit.

To play safe, my hubby think that this kind of money cannot be save so we went under private category. At least we are seeing the same gynae every visit and he knows what's going on. It cost us SGD 100+ per visit (including regular testing and consultation fee). Please note that need to pay full price when doing all those tests which is required by the gynae.

When I was about to gave birth (c-sect), the gynae told us that he would attend to me if I am going for B1 or A ward. He gave us 10 minutes to think about it and within 5 minutes my hubby told the gynae thay he wants him to do the job. The gynae see to everything. He stayed on to monitor my CGT reading (imagine it's a Saturday and everybody has gone off for the day).

Depending on your preferences. Going subsidise category means you will see a different doctor every visit.

To play safe, my hubby think that this kind of money cannot be save so we went under private category. At least we are seeing the same gynae every visit and he knows what's going on. It cost us SGD 100+ per visit (including regular testing and consultation fee). Please note that need to pay full price when doing all those tests which is required by the gynae.

When I was about to gave birth (c-sect), the gynae told us that he would attend to me if I am going for B1 or A ward. He gave us 10 minutes to think about it and within 5 minutes my hubby told the gynae thay he wants him to do the job. The gynae see to everything. He stayed on to monitor my CGT reading (imagine it's a Saturday and everybody has gone off for the day).

Add on: if your gynae is on holiday or other labour then other gynae on duty that day will do the deliver for u... so there is still a small chances some other gynae attend u..

i was with a KK private gynae during my checkups just to make sure baby grew properly and downgraded to subsidize one when i checked in after my waterbag broke.
i spent 1 night in the delivery ward, a room to myself until i gave birth. the gynae on duty checked on me once every few hours and its the nurses on duty handling me mostly and they are the most wonderful people. with loads of experience. in fact, they are the ones who helped me with giving birth, pushing, encouraging me, etc. and once baby out, the gynae came in and stitched me up, of coz, with 2 trainees around, which i am fine with as it took only a few minutes. and i saved alot.

and i spent another night in b2 ward with 4 other mummies and was discharged in the afternoon as there was no complications, etc. so its a night in a delivery ward a night in B2 ward, not a long stay in a ward because natural delivery is like that. so i am glad i didnt spent extras on B1 or A ward just for that few hours of sleep and rest.

and of coz, in case of complications, i also wont need to worry about the bills as it is subsidized and the docs there will handle it well regardless of private gynae or not.

i was with a KK private gynae during my checkups just to make sure baby grew properly and downgraded to subsidize one when i checked in after my waterbag broke.
i spent 1 night in the delivery ward, a room to myself until i gave birth. the gynae on duty checked on me once every few hours and its the nurses on duty handling me mostly and they are the most wonderful people. with loads of experience. in fact, they are the ones who helped me with giving birth, pushing, encouraging me, etc. and once baby out, the gynae came in and stitched me up, of coz, with 2 trainees around, which i am fine with as it took only a few minutes. and i saved alot.

and i spent another night in b2 ward with 4 other mummies and was discharged in the afternoon as there was no complications, etc. so its a night in a delivery ward a night in B2 ward, not a long stay in a ward because natural delivery is like that. so i am glad i didnt spent extras on B1 or A ward just for that few hours of sleep and rest.

and of coz, in case of complications, i also wont need to worry about the bills as it is subsidized and the docs there will handle it well regardless of private gynae or not.

Hi, kkh allows you from private change to subsidize? May i know, when you first call kkh for your 1st, how did you told the person? Sorry, its my first time and i'm quite lost on what to do.

i'm also curious how u downgrade from private to subsidised...
didn't know we can do tat... hmmm

Back