IVF/ICSI Support Group

Gal u mean no egg whites during tww only immunocal one pack a day ae. Any other things u took during tww pls.
yup...i took immunocal 1 packet a day mix with 30ls ribena thruout my tww...no restriction in my diets..i even ate macdonald or prata or arnolds etc...

Finished BT and scan and geared for ER on Monday. Think will lose 2 follicles as they are 23.5 and 29.5. Lining also thicker than my usual cycles. I took red bean soup raspberry tea and soya bean milk. Think overdid lol.

Every cycle full of suspense mystery and new surprises. Wondering if the big follicles can they be cyst. Does cyst grow this fast

Last edited:
Dr Tan is v v v nice hor.....I bump it him few times during scan and he will stop to talk to me update me. Have been to many docs but he's nicest. Handsome and nice hard to find lol

Last edited:
Hi, yes it is my 7th fresh cycle. My no 1 gg 19 mths old. He is my miracle
V happy for u dear. May this cycle be a success and yr boy can have a sibling. U under Dr tan too right. And may I know did u do acu for yr cycles n took herbs.where was acu. Was no 1 pregnancy smooth sailing and did u deliver under Dr tan too?

Positive stories like yrs give us sisters extra boost to cycle.

Hey gal all sisters here r warriors even they succeed or not :). Like u said this journey not for faint hearted. Totally agree. Dr tan said coz of low amh may not grow follicles or have no eggs then have to cancel. I must be prepared. Then if pregnant maybe cannot sustain. And adeno may return with vengeance n have to consider womb removal. If successful won't know if can carry to full term n pass all the test. Can u imagine how much of hurt n pain all these things r even before we embarks... it's their duty but we r seeking some solace and certainly can't accept all these words. I cried. Left it to god to guide the journey. Some sisters did 10 fresh cycles for one miracle. So yeah have faith.... if you want you have to persevere coz this journey full of uncertainties every day till delivery. No one in my family did ivf. We have been married for 12 yrs no kid. So this journey only between me n hubby. And I have u sisters for kind advice n shoulders to lean. Thanks
Gal, ya all warriors except those who last do e end after 3 cycles are super warriors, really not easy. am oso with hubby alone. No 1 else except forum here to release feelings n share comments.

How do you pick up courage and how your husband feels about this journey.
Is he for or against cycling or just follow along with you.

Last lap to OR le for you. Oosh!

Gal, ya all warriors except those who last do e end after 3 cycles are super warriors, really not easy. am oso with hubby alone. No 1 else except forum here to release feelings n share comments.

How do you pick up courage and how your husband feels about this journey.
Is he for or against cycling or just follow along with you.

Last lap to OR le for you. Oosh!
Hubby wants a child. So hes in for this. I won't say he's the best n supportive. Sometime selfish. Everything I do he just come for ER ET. U know that kind of feelin I get. He doesn't know follicles lining injection's are tho he inject for me. I wish he wud be mire keen to learn abt this journey take care more lovingly but maybe men like tat. Bo chap everything take simple. So at timesI feel v v lonely like everything I go thru myself. Angry also. But just have to control lor. I also don't know when trying is enough seriously. After third didn't wanna do then suddenly do. I cannot understand myself. It's just too confusing n contradicting

Hubby wants a child. So hes in for this. I won't say he's the best n supportive. Sometime selfish. Everything I do he just come for ER ET. U know that kind of feelin I get. He doesn't know follicles lining injection's are tho he inject for me. I wish he wud be mire keen to learn abt this journey take care more lovingly but maybe men like tat. Bo chap everything take simple. So at timesI feel v v lonely like everything I go thru myself. Angry also. But just have to control lor. I also don't know when trying is enough seriously. After third didn't wanna do then suddenly do. I cannot understand myself. It's just too confusing n contradicting
Nice, at least he wants a child.
Yap I agree its confusing and contridicting for e female. For my case, my hubby already given up though its mainly male factor that i got into this art engulfment. He Not thinking abt this anymore.

Anyway, u dun think too much cos u reach or liao, 2 ww relax relax. Stay zen ok

I also went for all appt on my own, and I did my own injections. Hubby only present during OR and ET.

Guys being guys, they don’t express themselves very well. I’m sure they appreciate what we did :)

V happy for u dear. May this cycle be a success and yr boy can have a sibling. U under Dr tan too right. And may I know did u do acu for yr cycles n took herbs.where was acu. Was no 1 pregnancy smooth sailing and did u deliver under Dr tan too?

Positive stories like yrs give us sisters extra boost to cycle.
thanks for your wishes. Think my IVF history is enough for me to write a journal le.

I am under dr tan. I took herbs only, didn’t go for acupuncture. Acupuncture doesn’t work for me. My no 1 is very smooth sailing and delivered under dr tan too.

This round IVF I only managed to retrieve 3 eggs, 2 mature and only 1 embryo. When I asked the embryologist why the other egg did not fertilize, he tells me it’s egg quality issue... so the only 1 which I transferred may not be good quality too.... not pinning too much hopes... yet fear disappointment

I have been around this forum some years back and still see familiar nick names ard. Yr nick is unfamiliar though, but somehow you know my journey. Lol. Did u change ur nick?

thanks for your wishes. Think my IVF history is enough for me to write a journal le.

I am under dr tan. I took herbs only, didn’t go for acupuncture. Acupuncture doesn’t work for me. My no 1 is very smooth sailing and delivered under dr tan too.

This round IVF I only managed to retrieve 3 eggs, 2 mature and only 1 embryo. When I asked the embryologist why the other egg did not fertilize, he tells me it’s egg quality issue... so the only 1 which I transferred may not be good quality too.... not pinning too much hopes... yet fear disappointment

I have been around this forum some years back and still see familiar nick names ard. Yr nick is unfamiliar though, but somehow you know my journey. Lol. Did u change ur nick?
Yr number 1 is conceived in kk ivf lab also?
I remember u went to other lab like sincere and sf loh lab also. Where is no 1 maricle from if u dun mind me asking.

Yr success story is indeed a positive motivation.

Sgsg411 is mesera

Last edited:
Hi all

I am new here.
Did IUI 5 times and successful. Ended in MC.
Going to for my first IVF this month at SGH.

May I know what to do and eat prior and during the tww?

Thanks all

Actually I entered this ivf journey on my own. Paid for it all the way up to delivery of my boy too. Took jabs, went for scans all on my own. Probably other than contributing his sperms, the other part he’s more actively involved is the POAS part.

But I chose to work it this way cos I know his character and if this drags on, he’s not going to hold out. I was lucky my journey was short cos my hubby seriously not the patient kind. Problem lies with me somemore.

In general, men just can’t relate. They don’t feel the same about children as women do, BEFORE they have them. Not an excuse but I really believe they r wired that way. So what would be good for this journey and our marriage is that we don’t take it personally.

Cause my husband ended up crying harder than me when I suffered the miscarriage. And now, he’s all about his boy too. Sometimes they just get it much later...

Actually I entered this ivf journey on my own. Paid for it all the way up to delivery of my boy too. Took jabs, went for scans all on my own. Probably other than contributing his sperms, the other part he’s more actively involved is the POAS part.

But I chose to work it this way cos I know his character and if this drags on, he’s not going to hold out. I was lucky my journey was short cos my hubby seriously not the patient kind. Problem lies with me somemore.

In general, men just can’t relate. They don’t feel the same about children as women do, BEFORE they have them. Not an excuse but I really believe they r wired that way. So what would be good for this journey and our marriage is that we don’t take it personally.

Cause my husband ended up crying harder than me when I suffered the miscarriage. And now, he’s all about his boy too. Sometimes they just get it much later...

Mesara,

I’m in no position to advise you anything but I still hope to encourage you. I’ll never really know how hard it is to keep trying but if you never try, you’ll never know. Until one day, you feel like you don’t need to know anymore, then you stop trying. Money can earn back, so that should not be your sole consideration. As long as you feel like it, keep going, don’t ask why. A lot of things in life no explanation one. And life is short, why bother why?

Even one day you find you’re alone in this battle in your family of two, it’s okay, as long as one of you wants it, it’s good enough reason. And the men will see the light of why you make certain decisions when the time comes.

I grew up with high male factor and come to deduce that men are not the fairer sex in terms of intelligence and foresight.

Sorry, so the queue for transfers @ KKH is up to March already? Is that also applicable to those under THH? I think probably THH’s patients will be pushed out further due to his schedule...

Keep on fighting dear.... Men can be unsupportive, but hey - if you are determined to have your baby, don't let your husband's lack of support discourage too. My husband was not supportive too, but now I am >20 weeks pregnant already and he is "thawing".

My hubby is quite similar to yours. He's the type of man that genuinely doesn't care if he never has children. I had to persuade him to start trying for babies. He doesn't do any IVF injections for me (all injections I do myself and oral medications I keep track myself), he doesn't come for any IVF doctor appointments, he only turns up for ER and FET as I did those under anaesthesia.
When my first cycle first FET ended in m/c at 8 weeks, my husband didn't shed a single tear. He had no expression. He couldn't understand why I wasn't taking it well, why I had to order mini-confinement food to nourish myself. Basically he did nothing and didn't comfort me either. Rather, he was very happy I went back to work after one week of medical leave. Sure I was extremely angry with him internally ,but I kept my cool externally as I know that IVF is a long journey and I need him to cooperate as sperm donor and to pay 50% of the IVF bills.
First cycle second FET was BFN. Husband was still behaving the same unsupportive way, but to his credit he did plan a nice overseas holiday afterward to help me recover from the disappointment. My IVF clinic staff started to tell me -its good that you are independant, but sometimes its not good for women to be too independant of the men.

Second cycle FET was BFP (husband wasn't at FET as he was overseas !). He came for the 8 week scan and saw the heartbeat. As the weeks went by, he also didn't come for some appointments as he was overseas, but I kept on talking about the baby (don't care he listen or not) and when baby started kicking I put his hand on my tummy made sure he feels the kicks .

I can tell that his attitude toward baby is thawing, as he gives a smile whenever baby kicks. However he has declared he is scared of blood and does not want to be with me in the delivery room. So I have to take it in my stride, and because I don't wanna be contracting and pushing for hours alone, I decided to go for elective c-section to reduce the duration of my suffering, but I made him promise to pay 100% of the gynae and delivery bills and he's fine with that. He also didn't plan or buy anything for baby (all the baby stuff I am planning and buying myself).

This is probably quite an extreme situation, but I have no regrets. As long as I'm determined to have a baby and hubby doesn't actively stop or dissuade me, I will manage it somehow. After birth, its likely that the men will thaw and warm up toward their biological flesh and blood.

So don't be discouraged. As long as you are clear what you want, nothing can stop you.

Sorry, so the queue for transfers @ KKH is up to March already? Is that also applicable to those under THH? I think probably THH’s patients will be pushed out further due to his schedule...

KKIVF centre said march but i told them my doc told
me jan/feb. Finally, they confirmed it to be jan cos they said the doc notes mentioned jan menses.
Me under Dr Tan.

Think if you request Dr Tan will squeeze in. My cycle was a mad rush. I saw him on 20 Nov and he wanted me to start straight away. So 3 Dec states fresh.

Thanks for sharing about men and their support in this journey sisters. Already jabs make the hormones high plus this men n their nonsense haha. What to do have to keep cool else will strain relationship which will be worse. I also hope my hubby will become a good and caring daddy and take better care of me during pregnancy if I succeed. He just don't know how to express himself and since I know his issue I just have to be understanding. No one is perfect in this world and Ya life is short. So give and take.

Am feeling super bloated that I can't even walk or sleep. Hopefully better after ER tomorrow. First time doing at the new place. Have to zen and keep cool.

Thanks for sharing about men and their support in this journey sisters. Already jabs make the hormones high plus this men n their nonsense haha. What to do have to keep cool else will strain relationship which will be worse. I also hope my hubby will become a good and caring daddy and take better care of me during pregnancy if I succeed. He just don't know how to express himself and since I know his issue I just have to be understanding. No one is perfect in this world and Ya life is short. So give and take.

Am feeling super bloated that I can't even walk or sleep. Hopefully better after ER tomorrow. First time doing at the new place. Have to zen and keep cool.

Ya more importantly is you know your husband’s character... when we choose to marry them, we already know. So let’s not expect otherwise else also unfair to them. If we need a hug, tell them. My ah Lau is like that I’ve learnt haha...

Hang in there! Hope for good results!

ER over.only 2 patients today. Think centre is closed. Have to go back wed to get update. Quite upset before transfer Dr tan said he's going to be in leave and can't do my transfer. Either freeze or let Dr sadana do he said. Anyone with Dr saDana? How's she?

Actually all my transfers are blastocyst except for once it’s day 4.
However I have more BFN than BFP.
So I feel my issue is not only embryos but also the womb

How I concluded that high dose doesn’t work for me is during the cycle which I had the max dose, I’ve no embryos left surviving. Whereas for lower dosage my embryos managed to grow to blastocyst.
And the 2 BFP I had are the cycles which I had the lowest dose though 1 ended in MC

However the number of embryos I have is always max 2- 4 only. But no choice, I think quality is more impt than quantity for my case.. too bad.. have to go through many fresh cycles :/

Anyway IVF is really a trial and error game. There’s different meds and dosage to play around with. There’s also other things such as endo scratch, removal of fibroids or endo etc etc..

And i also believe in affinity between you and the doc :)

Lastly, what I have to say is time wait for no man, the earlier and younger you start, the higher chance you have. Kind of regretted not starting ttc as soon as we got married but too bad, can’t reverse time. Can only look forward

Can share your dosage and AMH level?

Is anyone interested to take over 5 tubes of Crinone gel from me? I went through ER but eggs didn't fertilize, so I didn't get to ET stage. But I had already bought the Crinone gel, so wasted that didn't get to use it.

I just bought on 26 nov. Expiry date 01/2021. Selling cheap because I don't want to waste them.

Please PM me if interested

I also did not proceed to ET stage..what is the reason why no egg survive to ET?

mine is due to poor egg quality and low in AMH..my AMH is 1.2.

Are you going to try 1 more time?

This is my first cycle. I had low amh, hence didnt really response well to max dosage. Only had 1 egg fertilised. How long do you take to start another fresh cycle. Dec is my 1st rest month, so i can start in which month cycle of menses?

After failed cycle and go down for BT, will the nurse ask arrange appointment to let me see dr tan? Or i have to request for it?

What is the number to call for early BT?

I felt so lost and so scared.

i also only 1 egg fertilized and none of them survive to D3..

What is your AMH level? How much dosage for ur 1st cycle?

ER over.only 2 patients today. Think centre is closed. Have to go back wed to get update. Quite upset before transfer Dr tan said he's going to be in leave and can't do my transfer. Either freeze or let Dr sadana do he said. Anyone with Dr saDana? How's she?

She's one of the other popular one. So i think you don't worry. At least Dr Sadhana is also a senior consultant. If I did a day 2 trsf, i was handed over to a normal consultant when Dr Tan not in that day

Think if you request Dr Tan will squeeze in. My cycle was a mad rush. I saw him on 20 Nov and he wanted me to start straight away. So 3 Dec states fresh.

That’s so nice of him.

I’ll just queue behind. There must be sisters who need him more than me...

What was yr dosage and age pls. Did they retrieve a lot?
Thanks dreamscometrue and sgsg! I don't need to show any prescription.. Just tell them I'm on this jab?
Raffles got this medicine at their a&e and clinic. So definitely can get if you need support
She's one of the other popular one. So i think you don't worry. At least Dr Sadhana is also a senior consultant. If I did a day 2 trsf, i was handed over to a normal consultant when Dr Tan not in that day
More.comfy with him as he knows my womb condition. But ya he needs break too. They ask me come down day 2. Wish it was at least day 3 transfer. Quite worried. And this time they didn't give me any news to take after ER. Wonder if they jab in the antibiotics.

And also after ER was OK but now seems v crampy n poking pain. Any idea when it will subside. Any of u took painkillers

What was yr dosage and age pls. Did they retrieve a lot?

Raffles got this medicine at their a&e and clinic. So definitely can get if you need support

More.comfy with him as he knows my womb condition. But ya he needs break too. They ask me come down day 2. Wish it was at least day 3 transfer. Quite worried. And this time they didn't give me any news to take after ER. Wonder if they jab in the antibiotics.

And also after ER was OK but now seems v crampy n poking pain. Any idea when it will subside. Any of u took painkillers

U can take panadol. Mine got better after 2 days.
Did they say u return for transfer or consultation? Cause for me, they specifically said consultation on D3 to discuss if transfer D3 or later.

U can take panadol. Mine got better after 2 days.
Did they say u return for transfer or consultation? Cause for me, they specifically said consultation on D3 to discuss if transfer D3 or later.
Consultation day 2 and transfer day 2 if needed. Think depend on embryo. That's why I felt day 3 better. If not go up done many times

Consultation day 2 and transfer day 2 if needed. Think depend on embryo. That's why I felt day 3 better. If not go up done many times
I don’t think there is option to cultivate embryos to D3 at KKH unless it so happens that D2 falls on a Sunday or PH. Next option will be D5 to blastocyst.

All the best to you!

Back