No tea/coffee during pregnancy?

Coffee n tea have caffeine. And both beverages do not have any nutritional value for the baby. The advice I got was to moderate, dont have to stop completely. I am still drinking it in moderation. Tough to go cold turkey suddenly.

I’ve actually been taking quite a lot of cold drinks...they seem to go down better for me compared to room temperature. Coffee/tea usually hot but I do enjoy the odd Teh c Peng.

I have been restricting myself to drink tea/coffee until I see my gynae for her advice, hopefully can drink in moderation. :)

Drink in moderation is ok. 2 cups a day is my maximum. Sometimes I drink juice or tian yuan xiang's chicken essence to replace coffee and tea, more healthier for pregnant mommies!

Hi, it depends what you believed in and your body condition... I totally avoid drinking coffee/tea in my first trimester up till mid second trimester.. reason being my gastric system was bad and I had bad morning sickness.. the coffee/tea totally worsen the condition.. now in my last trimester, I had coffee/tea ard 3 cups a week.. sometimes I sneaked in a few fun-sized chocolate bar like kit-Kat etc...

Returning to the caffein issue.. local traditional coffee’s caffein is usually higher than those espresso.. and those white coffee’s caffein is higher than local traditional coffee.. (did some homework here :p) so.. it’s your choice of what type of coffee to drink as well.. just remember, the baby in you is unable to get rid of caffein as easy as the mother body (baby body system still developing etc.) I believed in this theory that’s y the max.limit for myself is ard 3 cups per week lo..

Hi, it depends what you believed in and your body condition... I totally avoid drinking coffee/tea in my first trimester up till mid second trimester.. reason being my gastric system was bad and I had bad morning sickness.. the coffee/tea totally worsen the condition.. now in my last trimester, I had coffee/tea ard 3 cups a week.. sometimes I sneaked in a few fun-sized chocolate bar like kit-Kat etc...

Returning to the caffein issue.. local traditional coffee’s caffein is usually higher than those espresso.. and those white coffee’s caffein is higher than local traditional coffee.. (did some homework here ) so.. it’s your choice of what type of coffee to drink as well.. just remember, the baby in you is unable to get rid of caffein as easy as the mother body (baby body system still developing etc.) I believed in this theory that’s y the max.limit for myself is ard 3 cups per week lo..
Hi piscesxsmile, how about decaffeinated coffee? :)

hehe I don’t drink decaf coffee cuz I personally feel that it’s even more processed than normal coffee.. sometimes I replace coffee with a cup of green tea (those tea bag type) it’s caffein is lesser than coffee and normal black tea..

Then again, it’s our own body and cravings for all these.. got nth to do with the baby.. if everything u intake is in moderation, most likely your gynae will approve too.. have a chat with your gynae, alternatively u can also read up this website set up by my gynae https://smartmum.net/ Learnt a lot from here and also from baby centre.com

hehe I don’t drink decaf coffee cuz I personally feel that it’s even more processed than normal coffee.. sometimes I replace coffee with a cup of green tea (those tea bag type) it’s caffein is lesser than coffee and normal black tea..

Then again, it’s our own body and cravings for all these.. got nth to do with the baby.. if everything u intake is in moderation, most likely your gynae will approve too.. have a chat with your gynae, alternatively u can also read up this website set up by my gynae https://smartmum.net/ Learnt a lot from here and also from baby centre.com
Thank you piscesxsmile! :)

I stop tea & coffee totally. I turn to fresh juice and low fat high cal milk instead. Just tahan this period. And Thank God I can actually function without caffeine. I just like the taste of it. LOL

Last edited:
It is really ok if you take a fresh cup of a coffee or a tea in the morning and evening but don't take it in an excessive manner. If possible then go with various juices it gives you better health.

Back