First IUI

Ahval

Hi all, I just had my IUI today. Doctor said that my "canal" is too small therefore I feel the pain when inserting washed sperm.

Doc told me that washed sperm were not ideal. It may lead to miscarriage or abnormal.

*so worried*

Hi.. came across this post...how was your IUI :)

It was unsuccessful and that clinic was totally unprofessional. After IUI, they put me on the bed and asked me to rest about 45 mins.

The process was so painful that I rested about an hour. Nobody came to concern about me. Then I came down the bed myself and went down and look for the Nurses and doctor.

Guess what. They were busy having lunch and nobody bother to ask about my situation.

Utterly disappointed with Clementi Womens Clinic, Blk 352.

It was unsuccessful and that clinic was totally unprofessional. After IUI, they put me on the bed and asked me to rest about 45 mins.

The process was so painful that I rested about an hour. Nobody came to concern about me. Then I came down the bed myself and went down and look for the Nurses and doctor.

Guess what. They were busy having lunch and nobody bother to ask about my situation.

Are u serious? Ohmygoodness! Seriously i don think anyone wld be please with that kind of treatment.. Did u file any complains? That wld be a traumatic experience.. was it ur first time doing IUI?

Any thoughts of trying another round at a Hospital?

Are u serious? Ohmygoodness! Seriously i don think anyone wld be please with that kind of treatment.. Did u file any complains? That wld be a traumatic experience.. was it ur first time doing IUI?

Any thoughts of trying another round at a Hospital?

I didn't file complain against the clinic. I'm just traumatised by the whole process. It haunting me every now and then when I think back of the process moreover it's my first time trying out.

Recently, I picked up my courage and go to KKH with my Husband and do the tests all over again.

When I brought back my husband's semen from the lab to Clementi clinic, the doctor told me that my Husband's quality is still not very ideal. I might have chance to miscarriage or abnormal pregnancy. Then I said, if it's not ideal then why are we doing IUI now? He said, get you pregnant first then we see how.

I was so afraid for the past few weeks after IUI. I rather not proceed with IUI with the results like that. This made me think that the clinic wanting to earn my money.

Well don't give up too soon..
im trying too.. currently seeing the docs at NUH.. the doctors there gives good advise.. maybe u should try..
Did the docs in KKH suggest anything to improve semen quality?

Well don't give up too soon..
im trying too.. currently seeing the docs at NUH.. the doctors there gives good advise.. maybe u should try..
Did the docs in KKH suggest anything to improve semen quality?

The doc ask us to Wait for our results and review to see what's the next step for us.

How Long have you been trying?

You want to try my gynae?

Most important is you need to get a caring gynae. Mine is good. My iui only 2 mins. He checked all my conditions as well as my hubby's n prescribed us vitamins. My hubby's sperm improved between his first test till the day of my SOIUI. All my injections done at clinic. Total cost spent ard $8k but I claim $6k from medisave. I'm into my 2ww now. But I hope I'll succeed this first time.

Hi ladies, I'm new to the forum:)

Glad to know that there are other ladies having the same issue as me in this forum. I was sad when I know that I am one of the fews that having difficulty in conceiving, whilst my surrounding friends get to conceive so effortlessly.

Like most of the couples do, we had our checks in KKH. So for my issue I had 2 polyps in my uterus otherwise like my Fallopian tubes patent, overian reserve is good etc. Had my operation done to remove the polyps so that I can create a good womb for the baby. For my hubby, sperm counts normal but his motility below average. We have been trying for a year plus. So now we decided on IUI. Will be going for it this Nov after my mens cycle on end oct!

I hope I have good prognosis on my first attempt pls!!! I'm excited and nervous.... I'm trying to tell myself to keep a open mind and don't take it too hard as I don't want to disappoint n stressed on myself.

Anyway nice to read the posts from you ladies! Jia you n good luck ya

Glad to know that there are other ladies having the same issue as me in this forum. I was sad when I know that I am one of the fews that having difficulty in conceiving, whilst my surrounding friends get to conceive so effortlessly.

Like most of the couples do, we had our checks in KKH. So for my issue I had 2 polyps in my uterus otherwise like my Fallopian tubes patent, overian reserve is good etc. Had my operation done to remove the polyps so that I can create a good womb for the baby. For my hubby, sperm counts normal but his motility below average. We have been trying for a year plus. So now we decided on IUI. Will be going for it this Nov after my mens cycle on end oct!

I hope I have good prognosis on my first attempt pls!!! I'm excited and nervous.... I'm trying to tell myself to keep a open mind and don't take it too hard as I don't want to disappoint n stressed on myself.

Hi, iui should start on Day 2 of your menses cycle. So once u see blood, that’s day 1. So dun miss the opportunity. On day 2, the gynae will scan to check how many follicles you have so that he/she can decide what treatment to use on you.

Hi, iui should start on Day 2 of your menses cycle. So once u see blood, that’s day 1. So dun miss the opportunity. On day 2, the gynae will scan to check how many follicles you have so that he/she can decide what treatment to use on you.

Oh I see, thanks for sharing. Now I'm waiting for the nurse to call me to arrange a Counselling on the procedure. The doc did mentioned in between will need to go back for tansvaginal scanning for the number of follicles.

Most important is you need to get a caring gynae. Mine is good. My iui only 2 mins. He checked all my conditions as well as my hubby's n prescribed us vitamins. My hubby's sperm improved between his first test till the day of my SOIUI. All my injections done at clinic. Total cost spent ard $8k but I claim $6k from medisave. I'm into my 2ww now. But I hope I'll succeed this first time.
Just checking .. How was ur IUI?

Hi how was your IUI? Succeed? I have the exact same problem as you.

Oh I see, thanks for sharing. Now I'm waiting for the nurse to call me to arrange a Counselling on the procedure. The doc did mentioned in between will need to go back for tansvaginal scanning for the number of follicles.

Mine no need to go back at Day 2. I only start meds at Day 2, then Day 4 starts jabs. Day 9 see Dr for scanning. Coz I can't make it on Day 9, I went on Day 10 morning. Follicle is huge (only 1 thou due to low eggs reserve). Day 10 trigger jab, Day 11 IUI.

Reading forums, looks like IUI (pre procedures) is not standard for all. Some need scanning many times, some like mine only once (happened mine is huge for IUI already). I guess it depends on which clinic/dr u choose.
Mine is Dr Loh SF, Thomson Fertility Centre. They have their own andrology lab, etc in the Centre. Dun have to travel far for hub for sperm collection, all under 1 roof.

Hi how was your IUI? Succeed? I have the exact same problem as you.
Hi there, I haven't done mine. Tomorrow I'm heading to KKH for the Counselling. It's my first time for IUI, I hope everything will be smooth n successful

Wish you all the best ya Jia you Jia you!

Hi there, I haven't done mine. Tomorrow I'm heading to KKH for the Counselling. It's my first time for IUI, I hope everything will be smooth n successful

Wish you all the best ya Jia you Jia you!

Jiayou!! Jiayou!! Tmr you are heading for the briefing? Or?

TTC from past 2 years. hav done my 4th iui this month march 5th.
Im 16 days post iui today..
Got faint line after 10 - 15 mins of test.
Not sure if its bfp or a evaporation line..
Praying to God and waiting to see doctor on monday for the blood work..

Having back pain and cramps similar to period.. last year in aug i had a blighted ovum ..

Last edited:
Kanni100 good luck. Baby dust to u!
Thank you Ahval. Have done blood test 18 day post iui. Hcg was 106. Is this very low? Its scary, last time also had very low hcg 32 at 15 day post iui.
Waiting for my first scan on 2nd Apr.

Last edited:
Mine no need to go back at Day 2. I only start meds at Day 2, then Day 4 starts jabs. Day 9 see Dr for scanning. Coz I can't make it on Day 9, I went on Day 10 morning. Follicle is huge (only 1 thou due to low eggs reserve). Day 10 trigger jab, Day 11 IUI.

Reading forums, looks like IUI (pre procedures) is not standard for all. Some need scanning many times, some like mine only once (happened mine is huge for IUI already). I guess it depends on which clinic/dr u choose.
Mine is Dr Loh SF, Thomson Fertility Centre. They have their own andrology lab, etc in the Centre. Dun have to travel far for hub for sperm collection, all under 1 roof.

Hi michelin, may I know how was your experience doing iui with doctor loh? He suggested me to do iui after failed 8 clomid cycle.. huhu :( the nurse said it costs around 2k, was it like that? Thanks

Hi all I failed my first IUI attempt in apr...period came on day 14. Sad...
Wondering if I should try again or consider ivf?

I think frist time round I was quite stressed out on the same day coz I was nearly late for my IUI timing due to bad traffic jam!

Also I tried to test for ovulation today (day 12) but seems like nothing (I’m using clear blue digital). Is it possible that the previous IUI made me not ovulate this month?

How come? Any reason?
While I was ttc, I was introduced by my boss. He is a very good doctor I must say because he gives very good advices and straight to the point.

I went to see him for my scan of my womb. He asked us whether have we tried, I said no. He asked us to try that day and soon after, I conceived.

Now most of my gfs are under his care.

Back