IVF/ICSI Support Group

there's no ET on Sunday. they also have a shorter queue for Saturdays, only morning. depends on dr and queue availability, kkh will schedule you for either Saturday or Monday.

Hello @towkayneo , will like to ask if you have alot of symptoms before your blood test and tested positive? Cos I don't seem to have any symptoms except for occasional pelvic pull feeling. My next blood test is on next Monday

Hi everyone, for diarrhea, hv any good doctor can recommend ? because kkh nurse ask me to looking for outside clinic if still hv diarrhea. Thank you.

HI,
As none of my friends undergo IUI/ivf, they are unable to understand how i feel.

My colleague came to me this morning and informed that she is 4 months pregnant. As she was sharing her joy, a lot of thoughts went through my mind (while i put on a strong front to congratulate her).
She is 40 yrs old and this is her 3rd pregnancy. As i was trying to remind myself about my determination to go through ivf when my menses come, i can't help but think why at age 40, she is able to succeed naturally. What about me? i have yet to reach 35 and experiencing difficulties.

As she is unaware that i have failed iui and going for ivf, she asked if i am trying to conceive. i nodded and smiled. i don't feel like continuing the conversation. i try to tell myself that everyone goes through different route in life. However, when we lunch together, i cant help feeling upset.

hi ladies, may I know after I insert crinone gel, understand I need to walk for 30 mins. After 30 mins, do I need to sit or lie down? This procedure is done b4 FET. Because I plan to go for short holiday before my FET. After insert can I walk for entire day during my short holiday?

Hello @towkayneo , will like to ask if you have alot of symptoms before your blood test and tested positive? Cos I don't seem to have any symptoms except for occasional pelvic pull feeling. My next blood test is on next Monday
Nope, I don't have much symptoms before BT. The only symptom: The urge to POAS. I can POAS 2x per day :p

Hi everyone, for diarrhea, hv any good doctor can recommend ? because kkh nurse ask me to looking for outside clinic if still hv diarrhea. Thank you.
I think that's an irresponsible statement. She must know that you are pregnant. Why cant your doc attend to you?

For myself, I don't entertain such "oh, you can visit other GP or doc" by a NURSE. I will insist to see MY doc.

hi ladies, may I know after I insert crinone gel, understand I need to walk for 30 mins. After 30 mins, do I need to sit or lie down? This procedure is done b4 FET. Because I plan to go for short holiday before my FET. After insert can I walk for entire day during my short holiday?
Hello, after 30 min, you are free to sit down or walk around cos by 30 min, the crinone gel would have been absorbed by your system.

HI,
As none of my friends undergo IUI/ivf, they are unable to understand how i feel.

My colleague came to me this morning and informed that she is 4 months pregnant. As she was sharing her joy, a lot of thoughts went through my mind (while i put on a strong front to congratulate her).
She is 40 yrs old and this is her 3rd pregnancy. As i was trying to remind myself about my determination to go through ivf when my menses come, i can't help but think why at age 40, she is able to succeed naturally. What about me? i have yet to reach 35 and experiencing difficulties.

As she is unaware that i have failed iui and going for ivf, she asked if i am trying to conceive. i nodded and smiled. i don't feel like continuing the conversation. i try to tell myself that everyone goes through different route in life. However, when we lunch together, i cant help feeling upset.
I think different people, different wombs, different destinies. Some ladies are so fertile that they can easily get pregnant just by their husbands touching them. There is really no need to feel negative about it though yes, I used to think the same way as you and try to avoid pregnant friends or friends with babies.

It's natural to feel upset, but don't let it drag you down. Be positive and get ready for the next challenge.

P/S: Why not go for IVF? Personally, I don't really believe in IUI.

HI,

I have the same thoughts with @towkayneo too.
I've been trying on ivf for almost 5 years. so the same thoughts have passed my mind several times. I do avoid friends while they're pregnant or with babies, depending on my state of mind at that time. each time, I will remind myself that I must stay positive and accept this challenge in life.
It doesn't mean your feelings are wrong or unacceptable.

if you need to talk about it, this forum is here to help and there are also counsellors in kkh.

I have the same thoughts with @towkayneo too.
I've been trying on ivf for almost 5 years. so the same thoughts have passed my mind several times. I do avoid friends while they're pregnant or with babies, depending on my state of mind at that time. each time, I will remind myself that I must stay positive and accept this challenge in life.
It doesn't mean your feelings are wrong or unacceptable.

if you need to talk about it, this forum is here to help and there are also counsellors in kkh.

Ya..that feeling of "will I ever have a kid" sucks and the mood is seriously dampened whenever you see one damn single line or blood on the pantyliner. I tried for a kid for about 5 years too before I got my son. I dreaded CNYs, kpo relatives and FB announcements of "yay, I am a mother".

I chose to march on, from tweaking the nitties gritties of IVF to praying to ZSNN, Goddess of Mercy and doing all kinds of reading up on how to get pregnant.

I hope you ladies can achieve that goal too. It's possible.

I think that's an irresponsible statement. She must know that you are pregnant. Why cant your doc attend to you?

For myself, I don't entertain such "oh, you can visit other GP or doc" by a NURSE. I will insist to see MY doc.
Finally I decided went back to KKH , just now the doctor (O&G Centre) gave me charcoal pills, and she said safe to us. so may I know do you have any friends like me eat charcoal pills during pregnancy? Thank you.

Finally I decided went back to KKH , just now the doctor (O&G Centre) gave me charcoal pills, and she said safe to us. so may I know do you have any friends like me eat charcoal pills during pregnancy? Thank you.
If the O&G doc says can eat, go ahead and eat :)

Thank you all for the information on ER and ET! ;) so good to have the support here.

And usually how many days after ER is the blood test done?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I’m not exactly new here but been a silent reader for past 2 years though I can’t say I’m up to speed with the progress of every single one of you so pls pardon me.

Just a quick recap: I conceived my 1st child through IVF and used to post updates here and got a lot of support. My 1yo son was conceived through FET and I managed to conceive through the fresh cycle before but miscarried at 7 weeks. Left with 3 blastocysts in the freezer. So I’m back for number 2.

Can someone refresh my memory if there’s any supplements to take for FET? I recall iron tabs helped me a lot back then but that’s the only thing I recall. My memory is all jumbled up right now.

HI,

Don’t lunch with her so often. I used to have a lunch kaki but she is getting on my nerve so much I find ways to slowly get away from her.

Hi,

Anyone know for the progesterone test before ER, will they let me know the result? My test falls on sunday so will be going to urgent o&g.

In addition, if dr tan is not around after ER, to discuss the option and perform ET if everything go smoothly, who will be covering?

Thanks!

Hi,

Anyone know for the progesterone test before ER, will they let me know the result? My test falls on sunday so will be going to urgent o&g.

In addition, if dr tan is not around after ER, to discuss the option and perform ET if everything go smoothly, who will be covering?

Thanks!

Hello, for me it was Dr Chua who met me on Day 2. Then he gave his advice and said Dr Tan wld do that too. But even much earlier, Dr Tan told me it wld be Dr Jerry. So i guess eventually it depends on which Doc available.

@towkayneo This morning I have bleeding with some blood clots. I know this cycle is unsuccessful liao but what could have happened? Do you have any idea?

You wld still need to go for blood test tmr. I also wondering what are some reasons for it to fail since..for me...everything was smooth except for the outcome.

You wld still need to go for blood test tmr. I also wondering what are some reasons for it to fail since..for me...everything was smooth except for the outcome.
U also have bleeding before beta test? Will there still have chance if got bleeding now? Anyone go through this and is pregnant?

U also have bleeding before beta test? Will there still have chance if got bleeding now? Anyone go through this and is pregnant?

For IVF pregnancies, our chances of spotting/bleeding increased as compared to normal pregnancies. Some times progesterone/estrogen supports result in our uterus being more sensitive and caused bleeding. At times, we do not have enough hormones and that caused bleeding too.

For my last cycle where I BFP, i spotted right after ET and on off had spotting from DPT3 till Wk18 of my pregnancy. One stage, I even passed out blood clots too and was diagnosed with hematoma. For my No.1 also BFP but spotted from DPT10 onwards and massive bleeding on Wk11 of my pregnancy.

How much blood are you discharging ? Best to to inform your clinic and see if you require more supports and see if its possible to take your beta (sorry, I did not follow which stage of 2WW you are at)... If you BFP, then better do complete bed rest. There is no better remedy than doing bed rest to counter spotting/bleeding issues during pregnancy.

Good Luck !

For IVF pregnancies, our chances of spotting/bleeding increased as compared to normal pregnancies. Some times progesterone/estrogen supports result in our uterus being more sensitive and caused bleeding. At times, we do not have enough hormones and that caused bleeding too.

For my last cycle where I BFP, i spotted right after ET and on off had spotting from DPT3 till Wk18 of my pregnancy. One stage, I even passed out blood clots too and was diagnosed with hematoma. For my No.1 also BFP but spotted from DPT10 onwards and massive bleeding on Wk11 of my pregnancy.

How much blood are you discharging ? Best to to inform your clinic and see if you require more supports and see if its possible to take your beta (sorry, I did not follow which stage of 2WW you are at)... If you BFP, then better do complete bed rest. There is no better remedy than doing bed rest to counter spotting/bleeding issues during pregnancy.

Good Luck !
Thank you for your reply :) My blood test is negative.

Hi everyone, I’m not exactly new here but been a silent reader for past 2 years though I can’t say I’m up to speed with the progress of every single one of you so pls pardon me.

Just a quick recap: I conceived my 1st child through IVF and used to post updates here and got a lot of support. My 1yo son was conceived through FET and I managed to conceive through the fresh cycle before but miscarried at 7 weeks. Left with 3 blastocysts in the freezer. So I’m back for number 2.

Can someone refresh my memory if there’s any supplements to take for FET? I recall iron tabs helped me a lot back then but that’s the only thing I recall. My memory is all jumbled up right now.

Hey Almond! I remember you! Supplements, not exactly...progynova will be given to you to build up your lining to reach min 8mm.

Hi everyone,

I am about to start on my fresh ivf cycle. Doc ordered duphaston for me to induce my menses as it is irregular. Just wanted to ask if anyone knows typically how Long does menses take to come after the last pill? It has been 3 days and no sign of my
Menses... anyone with any previous experience? Getting very worried my menses won’t report.. and it’s driving me crazy.

Thank you ladies so much!

Hi everyone,

I am about to start on my fresh ivf cycle. Doc ordered duphaston for me to induce my menses as it is irregular. Just wanted to ask if anyone knows typically how Long does menses take to come after the last pill? It has been 3 days and no sign of my
Menses... anyone with any previous experience? Getting very worried my menses won’t report.. and it’s driving me crazy.

Thank you ladies so much!
I took it couple of times. And each time it varies from 5 to 10 days. That's for me though.

Hi ladies, need some advise.. Currently I'm going for my FET for my last embryo.. And am told to take Mercilon when my period comes, just wondering, since its a birth control pill, possible to take it with other supplements like, multivitamin, COQ, all the "fertility" support tablets and so forth.. ?
Thank you i advance

i am excited to start my 1st IVF journey. However, my jaw dropped when the nurse said this cycle has to cancel.
1 ovary follicle is way too big for a day 2 scan and the other follicles are too small. Doc said cannot start the cycle because the leading follicle may grow too big and the rest may not catch up. End up may not be able to retrieve as many ova as possible.

i didnt expect this. So too big a follicle also has problem. :/

i took tcm herbs and Blackmore conceive well gold supplement to prepare my body. seems like i shouldnt have done so for the past 2 months. Doc asked me to stop taking all these from today onwards. I have to take hormone pill to change my cycle else it will clash with Xmas week and subsequently CNY.

Something to share ladies and hope it will keep you trying

4 year ago this time, I was like some of you wondering what happened. Did my rest, took my supplements and did the er and et. Even flew on holiday to let the body relax but in the end the embryos didnt make it back with me.

Last year I tried again in oct although I planned nov and but things didnt fall into place and lab rescheduled for cleaning. Unplanned work schedule and unforseen circumstances at home and I thought so stressful and so little rest, chances of success would be low. So just went ahead as age is catching up. Didnt expect any success like the first time, so bt day was normal. Nurse called and said positive and to go back hospital to get more support and see doctor on my hub's bday. it was the best present ever for him but i threaded each day apprehensively. So when we saw our doc after the good news, he gave us a firm handshake and congratulated us. The first time i saw a circle on the screen with a tiny flicker which was the heartbeat. It was a dream come true. But I dare not keep my hopes too high as there was always the risk of bleeding and mc with ivf. When I first hear the cries of the baby when the doc pulled him out, it was the greatest relief and it was real success to me.

4 month have passed and my little boy is sleeping right beside me as I am pumping milk for his feed tomorrow. All these never was on my mind after the ET. What I thought was I will unpack my cartons from my overseas stay after my failed attempt. In the end, the cartons are still unpacked till today as I recuperate, planned the baby shower parties and nurse and pump to feed the little one.

Dont give up hope ladies. There is no one good or correct recipe to IVF. Listen to your body and try to relax. Your LO is waiting to be cuddled by you. Your life will never be the same again. Ladies. You are very strong!

Hi ladies, need some advise.. Currently I'm going for my FET for my last embryo.. And am told to take Mercilon when my period comes, just wondering, since its a birth control pill, possible to take it with other supplements like, multivitamin, COQ, all the "fertility" support tablets and so forth.. ?
Thank you i advance
Thank you i advance

Check with your gynae. They will know if there is an drug interaction. All the best

Hey Almond! I remember you! Supplements, not exactly...progynova will be given to you to build up your lining to reach min 8mm.

Hi towkayneo! I remember u too! This should be ur #3? Congrats! And thanks, so I think all I have to do is just call up KKIVF centre...

Something to share ladies and hope it will keep you trying

4 year ago this time, I was like some of you wondering what happened. Did my rest, took my supplements and did the er and et. Even flew on holiday to let the body relax but in the end the embryos didnt make it back with me.

Last year I tried again in oct although I planned nov and but things didnt fall into place and lab rescheduled for cleaning. Unplanned work schedule and unforseen circumstances at home and I thought so stressful and so little rest, chances of success would be low. So just went ahead as age is catching up. Didnt expect any success like the first time, so bt day was normal. Nurse called and said positive and to go back hospital to get more support and see doctor on my hub's bday. it was the best present ever for him but i threaded each day apprehensively. So when we saw our doc after the good news, he gave us a firm handshake and congratulated us. The first time i saw a circle on the screen with a tiny flicker which was the heartbeat. It was a dream come true. But I dare not keep my hopes too high as there was always the risk of bleeding and mc with ivf. When I first hear the cries of the baby when the doc pulled him out, it was the greatest relief and it was real success to me.

4 month have passed and my little boy is sleeping right beside me as I am pumping milk for his feed tomorrow. All these never was on my mind after the ET. What I thought was I will unpack my cartons from my overseas stay after my failed attempt. In the end, the cartons are still unpacked till today as I recuperate, planned the baby shower parties and nurse and pump to feed the little one.

Dont give up hope ladies. There is no one good or correct recipe to IVF. Listen to your body and try to relax. Your LO is waiting to be cuddled by you. Your life will never be the same again. Ladies. You are very strong!

Such a sweet story... thanks for sharing. Same here, I got my boy on a 2ww filled with work and whole 1st trimester full of spotting... but if it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be... and the prize at the end is definitely worth waiting for!

Enjoy motherhood dear!

Thank you i advance
kkh gynae will probably say that only folic acid is needed. the rest are supplements therefore they will not recommend unless you have a pre-existing deficiency like vitamin D.

Hi every1,

I like spicy food alot. Heard fren say not gd to take spicy food during the 2ww.. Is it ok to take? Anyone eat alot of spicy food during their 2ww?

Hi all.. may i know if anyone got Endometrin 4tablets to sell? I only lack of 4tablets and dont think to buy whole box and waste, pls let me know, thanks.

Hi every1,

I like spicy food alot. Heard fren say not gd to take spicy food during the 2ww.. Is it ok to take? Anyone eat alot of spicy food during their 2ww?
Hi, I’m like you.. I can give up coffee & cold drinks but I can’t live without spicy food..

I continue my eating habit of spicy food throughout my cycle, 2WW & till now.. I’m currently 15 weeks pregnant.. though I’m also hearing similar comments to cut down which I did slightly but I still need my spicy food.. hope this help.. good luck

Back