IUI for abnormal sperm morphology

EY girl

Last year we went for check up and found out that my husband have abnormal sperm morphology and doctor recommend him to eat coq10. While taking the pill, we TTC natural for another year and yet to have good news. We are so upset and decided to go for IUI. Can abnormal sperm morphology go for IUI? Anyone successful to conceive via IUI due to abnormal sperm morphology?

Last edited:

Last year we went for check up and found out that my husband have abnormal sperm morphology and doctor recommend him to eat coq10. While taking the pill, we TCC natural for another year and yet to have good news. We are so upset and decided to go for IUI. Can abnormal sperm morphology go for IUI? Anyone successful to conceive via IUI due to abnormal sperm morphology?

Hi, my husband also have poor morphology(headpiece defect) We tried supplement and TCM but still unable to conceive naturally. Tried 1 cycle of IUI and fail so we moved on to IVF.

I am wondering if all the while could it be the sperm unable to fertilise my egg since the issue is with headpiece defect.

Hi, my husband also have poor morphology(headpiece defect) We tried supplement and TCM but still unable to conceive naturally. Tried 1 cycle of IUI and fail so we moved on to IVF.

I am wondering if all the while could it be the sperm unable to fertilise my egg since the issue is with headpiece defect.
Oh, me n my husband also trying to take supplement for quite sometime. Actually I thinking straight away go for ivf but its so exp and my husband said try IUI 1st. After how many yrs of trying u go for IUI? How abt ur ivf? Done ur ivf already?

Oh, me n my husband also trying to take supplement for quite sometime. Actually I thinking straight away go for ivf but its so exp and my husband said try IUI 1st. After how many yrs of trying u go for IUI? How abt ur ivf? Done ur ivf already?

We tried about 1.5 years no news then we tried IUI lor.. Since we not young liao :p

Yup after the failed IUI i took a break for 2 months then proceed with IVF. Very thankful to be successful with my IVF.

If both of you are singaporean and doing IVF at govt hospital it is heavily subsidised and can deduct up to 6K from medisave. So for my first IVF i did not have to pay any cash, except for the medication after i confirmed my pregnancy. :)

We tried about 1.5 years no news then we tried IUI lor.. Since we not young liao

Yup after the failed IUI i took a break for 2 months then proceed with IVF. Very thankful to be successful with my IVF.

If both of you are singaporean and doing IVF at govt hospital it is heavily subsidised and can deduct up to 6K from medisave. So for my first IVF i did not have to pay any cash, except for the medication after i confirmed my pregnancy. :)
Oh... Congrats to u. Both of us are Singapore PR, is the subsidised same as Singaporean? Ur IUI also deduct from medisave? Which doc u see? If do iui or ivf at private hospital can deduct from medisave also right?

Ah i think need at least 1 is Singaporean to get the Govt Co funding. You Can refer to this

https://www.heybaby.sg/having-and-r...care-of-your-medical-needs/co-funding-for-art

I did both IUI and IVF at KKH. For IUI i pay cash as i want to reserve my medisave in case i really need to go for IVF.

My natural IUI at KKH cost about 1K +

Since you are not eligible for the govt co funding, you can choose to do at private clinic if you prefer. =)

Good Luck to you.
Thanks for the info. I will check it out. I think my IUI will be more exp because I am seeing a private doc. Dont know u got heard Dr Yeong CT before. I am seeing him, anyway I am going to see him this sat and check out more abt IUI. Hopefully everything go smooth.

Oh i am also with dr yeong but failed my 1st IUI took 2 months break and waiting for af now.. hoping to go for 2nd iui next month
Hi jazz123, is Dr Yeong good and explain everything to u on the whole process of iui and the failure of iui? Did u hear any story abt him that patient success the 1st iui with him? I see some reviews, alot are failed for the 1st time, I'm worry did I choose the wrong doc to do iui. How much it cost u for the IUI?

Hi may I know you did the ivf as private patient? do you get to choose the doctor?and roughly how many visits you need to go for the whole process?

Hi, Before i start IVF, i chose my Dr which means i am private patient le.

But irregardless, once you start IVF all will be considered as Private patient. But we are still able to enjoy the Govt Co funding and usage of medisave.

i find the number of visit for IVF is even lesser than i went for IUI.. :p

Once you are planned for the IVF,
1) you have to go down once for the counselling session.
2) Then once when ur menses start.
3) I went back 8 days later for scan.
4) And another 2 days later for scan to confirm the Egg pickup date.
5) Egg Pickup
6) Egg Transfer
7) 2 weeks later for blood test.

So total about 7 visits.

Hi,I only read reviews in this forum. I guess iui is more of a number games.. Most recommended 3 times iui if fail go direct to ivf. I did 2 rounds of TI before i did my iui.. he will monitor ur follicles growth closely and trigger when time is right. 36hrs later iui after trigger shot.. hes caring and give assurance.. dont worry.. have u done all test and hsg? I did everything including med jabs test iui and all TI jabs ard 5kplus.. not cheap coz hes private.. i went private coz shorter waiting time.. when af here i just call and next day i can see doc alr..my hub likes him coz he explains and very patient.. if you have qn just ask him hes willing to ans.. my prob with me is my lining always thin and irregular mens and clomid fermara make it worse... hubb everything average but slightly low morphology ...
Thanks for the info. Ya, I did some of the test, I think still hv 1 more blood test need to take b4 the IUI according to him. My report show everything ok only low in vit D and my husband have abnormal sperm morphology. I choose private also because of waiting time but its really not cheap, done some of the test for me and my husband already cost 1k+. Did u claim from medisave?

Yes i claim medisave.. coz I'm not sure if I'm going for ivf.. you be doing the iui at VFC?
I dunno where I will b doing the IUI. Haven't find out from Dr. Will check out more on our next visit. Not sure can do the IUI immediate this cycle once our check up.

Yea coz need to monitor the size of follicles once right size trigger then do iui. Im starting mine this cycle .. IUI shd be on 1st dec if everything goes well.. usually u need to take ovulation med from day 3 of ur cycle.. so once af comes u can call doc make appt den he will start monitor from there..
Hi jazz123, I went to see Dr Yeong today and he said I dun need jabs 1st, he gave me femara to take for 5 days and did a scan for me cause today is my 2nd day of menses. He suggest me to start iui end of nov. I need to go back follow up with him on 21st and 27th to monitor the eggs. On 21st I still need to do another blood test for hep A, hep B, HIV, etc. Dr said is the MOH guideline required. His charges really not cheap especially the meds. Hopefully all r good.

Did iui need to go for counselling? I forgot to ask Dr and Dr also didn't mention abt the counselling.

He suggest me to take the revosit also but the nurse told me is more for PCOS and irregular menses patient. So i didnt take because I taking alot of supplement and I want to consider 1st. Did u take the revosit? U mentioned the ovulation med issit femara?

Last edited:
Oh same here..! Yup I am taking revosit coz my cycle varies from 30 to 40 days.. I actually stop taking it the last time i saw him.. :X I prefer femara to clomid thou.. clomid seems to thin the lining more.. there is an IUI group in the forum .. you can also refer there for some info on IUI hee.. lets pray that this cycle works!
Oh, so did the revosit help ur menses back to normal cycle? U mean u took it for ur previous cycle for IUI?

Which iui group are u referring to? Anyway thanks for ur info and sharing. Let's jiayou together. Baby dust come to us.

Back