Gestational Diabetes

newmamahere

Hi Mummies,

I have been confirmed with GDM. Just want to know what diets and exercise are you all taking/doing? Are you very strict with the diet and exercise part? Dietitian adv a 1800 Cal meal (6 meals) but still feeling hungry after eating sometimes. And due to work, i am really unable to keep cooking my own meals. What do you all order when eating out? Thank you :)

i had it too, i recalled crying the entire night. ..plus the pricking of finger 3x a day :(
i kept the diet that recommend, somethings lesser even, the walking after food, i definitely did it.

eating out is still possible. I cheat a little though, noddles are not allow, but i will get hawker to add in a few with my bee hoon...so that i can a taste of it.
mac is also allow, but replace chips with corn, and throw half the bun away.
if still hungry, take almond milk, it helps to fill tummy.

if can't cook, then normal rice portion from food centre,plus buy a ready tub of salad from cold storage. put a drip of honey n some vinegar, it helps. do NOT take the salad dressing. i once did and my blood test results got a call from nurse

PM me if u still need help.
Good luck

Hi, hope u are doing fine. I can help advice on diet & how u can get better over time if u need.

Hi Mummies,

I have been confirmed with GDM. Just want to know what diets and exercise are you all taking/doing? Are you very strict with the diet and exercise part? Dietitian adv a 1800 Cal meal (6 meals) but still feeling hungry after eating sometimes. And due to work, i am really unable to keep cooking my own meals. What do you all order when eating out? Thank you :)

i had it too, i recalled crying the entire night. ..plus the pricking of finger 3x a day :(
i kept the diet that recommend, somethings lesser even, the walking after food, i definitely did it.

eating out is still possible. I cheat a little though, noddles are not allow, but i will get hawker to add in a few with my bee hoon...so that i can a taste of it.
mac is also allow, but replace chips with corn, and throw half the bun away.
if still hungry, take almond milk, it helps to fill tummy.

if can't cook, then normal rice portion from food centre,plus buy a ready tub of salad from cold storage. put a drip of honey n some vinegar, it helps. do NOT take the salad dressing. i once did and my blood test results got a call from nurse

PM me if u still need help.
Good luck

Hi Potatoes_chips,

How did you manage to walk after eating every single meal?
My lifestyle is quite sedentary during office hours as my job is desk bound and doesnt require me to walk much.

Discipline loh.
Its not long walk. 20 mins after meal..coz gotta drink almost 1litre pack of milk daily...so i take that exercise of walking to n fro from supermarket as exercise.

This might help.
http://eleadhealthy.blogspot.com/2018/10/soypro.html

Hi Potatoes_chips,

How did you manage to walk after eating every single meal?
My lifestyle is quite sedentary during office hours as my job is desk bound and doesnt require me to walk much.

hi mummies, any of you here with KK and had gestational diabetes? i would like to know if the result is positive, when do they call you? on the day itself?

I recall its within the same week. In fact 2 or 3 days..coz u need to go down n collect your self test kit.

hi mummies, any of you here with KK and had gestational diabetes? i would like to know if the result is positive, when do they call you? on the day itself?

Back