IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks for the detailed response.. you went through so much, really hope that this will be a happy healthy pregnancy and you will get your much awaited baby
Today I bought a load of supplements, hopefully if can't do FET or FET not successful my body will be in better shape for the next round. Suspect my husband thinks I could be overreacting but he is just letting me be.

Thanks connie and corals too
Earliest I can do blood test is tomorrow (supposed to be Wed), but right now i'm bleeding worse than full flow menses with clots, so gonna go in early tomorrow to do my blood test, but highly doubt there will be any beta hcg detected.
Does anyone know when KKH schedules the review with the doctor after the failed IVF? How long to wait before talking to a doctor?
Thanks so much!

Btw hopehope my mc doesn't mention IVF anywhere, just that it's from KKH
Hi i think its like 1 plus or 2 weeks later. You can check with nurse 2molo

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed response.. you went through so much, really hope that this will be a happy healthy pregnancy and you will get your much awaited baby
Today I bought a load of supplements, hopefully if can't do FET or FET not successful my body will be in better shape for the next round. Suspect my husband thinks I could be overreacting but he is just letting me be.

Thanks connie and corals too
Earliest I can do blood test is tomorrow (supposed to be Wed), but right now i'm bleeding worse than full flow menses with clots, so gonna go in early tomorrow to do my blood test, but highly doubt there will be any beta hcg detected.
Does anyone know when KKH schedules the review with the doctor after the failed IVF? How long to wait before talking to a doctor?
Thanks so much!

Btw hopehope my mc doesn't mention IVF anywhere, just that it's from KKH

Hi do you mind me asking, what sort of tests did dr Yeong do for you before prescribing the Intra lipid treatment? Did he determine there was an immune problem?

And wow I didn’t read properly earlier, 7 blastocysts the second time round is really amazing. What sort of supplements did you whack?

Thanks in advance!

Hi do you mind me asking, what sort of tests did dr Yeong do for you before prescribing the Intra lipid treatment? Did he determine there was an immune problem?

And wow I didn’t read properly earlier, 7 blastocysts the second time round is really amazing. What sort of supplements did you whack?

Thanks in advance!

Hi the supplements are in my original post already. Anyway repeating here - coq10, omega (fish oil), prenatal vit, blueberries, brazil nuts, chicken eggs. Note that human growth hormone (Saizen) injections during stimulation phase are also very important and most ivf doctors agree that HGH helps egg quality, so ask for it if your ivf doctor didn't prescribe.

No, Dr Yeong did not do any immune tests. Intralipid actually is an intravenous solution (soya oil, egg yolks and some other stuff) that was originally developed to nourish those that could not eat. So its harmless even if administered to a healthy person, as long as the drip is sterile and administered properly. I don't know how and why intralipid also came to be used for IVF for those suspected to have immune implantation problem. My logic is that if its harmless and not that expensive (s$250), no harm trying. I actually first heard about it reading here in this thread from Hajar (another forum member) who succeeded after intralipid despite thin lining. Some well known fertility doctors believe in intralipid (such as Dr Geoffrey Sher who is world famous and based in US) , other well known fertility doctors don't (such as my doc Roland). Oh, Dr Yeong will test your blood for Vit D and Thyroid problems. He found that I was deficient in Vit D and he gave me Vit D pills. Maybe that helped me too.

To share for general knowledge of all ladies reading this thread. These are some very good reading and resources. Warning - it could get a bit scientific but I know that IVF ladies are highly motivated :)

- "It Starts with the Egg". A very good book on how to improve your egg quality. e-book available on Kindle to buy, I think the National Library also has a copy
- Dr Geoffrey Sher's website. He has an open forum where u can ask him questions and he actually replies! He is amazing ! He is a true IVF Pioneer and world famous, much more well known than any SG fertility doctor. http://drgeoffreysherivf.com/ask-dr-sher-open-forum/
- Geoffrey Sher's book on IVF ( v technical but if u can get thru it its v comprehensive) . "IVF the A.R.T of Making Babies " available at Kindle https://www.amazon.com/Vitro-Fertilization-R-T-Reproductive-Technology-ebook/dp/B00D0V0042
- Miscarriage Statistics https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/miscarriage-general If u are the science/ tech type of lady who loves information, stats and data, and terrified of miscarriage, this website is for you.

Always do your own extensive reading and research !

Hi the supplements are in my original post already. Anyway repeating here - coq10, omega (fish oil), prenatal vit, blueberries, brazil nuts, chicken eggs. Note that human growth hormone (Saizen) injections during stimulation phase are also very important and most ivf doctors agree that HGH helps egg quality, so ask for it if your ivf doctor didn't prescribe.

No, Dr Yeong did not do any immune tests. Intralipid actually is an intravenous solution (soya oil, egg yolks and some other stuff) that was originally developed to nourish those that could not eat. So its harmless even if administered to a healthy person, as long as the drip is sterile and administered properly. I don't know how and why intralipid also came to be used for IVF for those suspected to have immune implantation problem. My logic is that if its harmless and not that expensive (s$250), no harm trying. I actually first heard about it reading here in this thread from Hajar (another forum member) who succeeded after intralipid despite thin lining. Some well known fertility doctors believe in intralipid (such as Dr Geoffrey Sher who is world famous and based in US) , other well known fertility doctors don't (such as my doc Roland). Oh, Dr Yeong will test your blood for Vit D and Thyroid problems. He found that I was deficient in Vit D and he gave me Vit D pills. Maybe that helped me too.

To share for general knowledge of all ladies reading this thread. These are some very good reading and resources. Warning - it could get a bit scientific but I know that IVF ladies are highly motivated :)

- "It Starts with the Egg". A very good book on how to improve your egg quality. e-book available on Kindle to buy, I think the National Library also has a copy
- Dr Geoffrey Sher's website. He has an open forum where u can ask him questions and he actually replies! He is amazing ! He is a true IVF Pioneer and world famous, much more well known than any SG fertility doctor. http://drgeoffreysherivf.com/ask-dr-sher-open-forum/
- Geoffrey Sher's book on IVF ( v technical but if u can get thru it its v comprehensive) . "IVF the A.R.T of Making Babies " available at Kindle https://www.amazon.com/Vitro-Fertilization-R-T-Reproductive-Technology-ebook/dp/B00D0V0042
- Miscarriage Statistics https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/miscarriage-general If u are the science/ tech type of lady who loves information, stats and data, and terrified of miscarriage, this website is for you.

Good sharing. Thanks. Esp for e dr geofrrey url. He seems very knowledgable

Thanks so much! Your replies are so detailed, much appreciated!

Thanks for the information about the intralipid, strongly considering it, I’m unexplained so it could be worth the shot.

I just read it starts with the egg! Got it from kindle, wished I read it before my first fresh. And yup national library have quite a few copies but in the end I decided to just get it.

Really appreciate all the help, hopefully I can put it into action and can translate to results :) and all the best for you and your little one

Yes, cost for now. As far as I understand, you can do fresh cycle in any gov hospital, but KKH/SGH send their biopsy to NUH lab, pgs allowed only at NUH lab.
$7k should pay before ER, if no day 5 blast, or decide don’t do pgs, can inform them before day 5 and they will do $ refunds.
Hihi can I check the $7k is the full cost? Need to buy any test kit? Pgd I think need to pay $7k in advance not including biopsy and pgd procedural cost. Also how long is the turnaround for the test? Thank you!

662AFE48-65BD-4B4C-AAB1-50F17F915590.jpeg
Hihi can I check the $7k is the full cost? Need to buy any test kit? Pgd I think need to pay $7k in advance not including biopsy and pgd procedural cost. Also how long is the turnaround for the test? Thank you!
Hihi,
full cost is 7008.50 sgd up to 4 blastocyst, it tipically takes 20-days for the result, the embryologist said to me by phone that actually it comes within 10-15 days.
One thing, NUH doesn’t transfer mosaic or incocusive PGS tested embryos..

Maybe u can check with ur doc given ur current circumstances, is pgd or pgs which one is better for you and what the differences between
Yes thanks. PGD for sure as my hub and I are carrier of a genetic DNA. I hope they allow PGS at same time due to my age and I have an early miscarriage before at week 9. Just not sure if the cells retrieved are sufficient for 2 testings.

View attachment 704392
Hihi,
full cost is 7008.50 sgd up to 4 blastocyst, it tipically takes 20-days for the result, the embryologist said to me by phone that actually it comes within 10-15 days.
One thing, NUH doesn’t transfer mosaic or incocusive PGS tested embryos..

Yup, that’s because NUH, KKH and SGH are conducting the PGS as a 3 year clinical trial and they’re trying to prove the hypothesis that PGS and transferring only viable (normal D5 blastocysts) can reduce miscarriage and reduce complications during pregnancy. When we discussed it with Prof Wong, he recognised that some mosaic (not entirely clear if normal or not) blastocysts are known to result in healthy pregnancies later. There are also normal blastocysts that don’t implant or don’t end up in full term healthy babies. So doing PGS doesn’t really guarantee a healthy birth. What it guarantees is that you’ll be discarding embryos that are genetically predisposed to be unlikely healthy.

Hence, our decision on D5 morning was not to proceed with PGS and give all our babies a chance.

We have 7 frozen blastocysts from this cycle.
Just scanned lining today and apparently good to go! Was struggling with whether we should transfer 1 or 2... couldn’t sleep last night!

Then Dr. Anu who was covering for Prof said very matter of factly: just do one. If it doesn’t work, we can try 2 on the next go. She has seen too many twin pregnancies gone wrong and doesn’t want us to have to go through that. Apparently our blasts looked decent.

So! After 2.5 years since our first m/c, we’re going for FET on Monday! Children’s Day a good sign? :)

Yup, that’s because NUH, KKH and SGH are conducting the PGS as a 3 year clinical trial and they’re trying to prove the hypothesis that PGS and transferring only viable (normal D5 blastocysts) can reduce miscarriage and reduce complications during pregnancy. When we discussed it with Prof Wong, he recognised that some mosaic (not entirely clear if normal or not) blastocysts are known to result in healthy pregnancies later. There are also normal blastocysts that don’t implant or don’t end up in full term healthy babies. So doing PGS doesn’t really guarantee a healthy birth. What it guarantees is that you’ll be discarding embryos that are genetically predisposed to be unlikely healthy.

Hence, our decision on D5 morning was not to proceed with PGS and give all our babies a chance.

Just scanned lining today and apparently good to go! Was struggling with whether we should transfer 1 or 2... couldn’t sleep last night!

Then Dr. Anu who was covering for Prof said very matter of factly: just do one. If it doesn’t work, we can try 2 on the next go. She has seen too many twin pregnancies gone wrong and doesn’t want us to have to go through that. Apparently our blasts looked decent.

So! After 2.5 years since our first m/c, we’re going for FET on Monday! Children’s Day a good sign? :)
Go for 1! All the best , good luck and hope your dreams come true soon!

Overseas where PGS is allowed, they do not prohibit the transfer of aneuploid [genetically abnormal] embryos. They recognise that some aneuploid embryos could be mosaic and auto-correct and result in perfectly normal babies.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/07/170704093615.htm
Most aneuploid embryos if they don't autocorrect will either fail to implant, or implant and result in early miscarriage. However, the doctors will always also advise that if aneuploid embryos were transferred and a pregnancy occurred, it is necessary to do CVS testing to ascertain that it is genetically normal.

Strange that the local trial is so strict, allowing only the transfer of euploid [genetically normal] embryos. I suppose this is being extra kiasu. It also avoids the deep heartache of miscarriage. But it also implies not giving those mosaics a chance at life !

Praying for you! It’s true though that twins may result in more complications. My friend who conceived via ivf had two implanted and she keeps telling me she should have trs one cos it’s not easy to care for two.

In any case, baby dust !

Hi, can check for cooler bag for injection, is it provided from KKH or we have to buy ourselves? Is it necessary?

Nope KKH does not provide, I bought my cooler bag from Daiso, I saw someone using the free one from Marigold, any small one will do.

KKH only provides ice pack with the meds, they give 1-2, at most they give me 3 when I request for more lol. So I collect ice packs, such as whenever I buy dessert and the store packs it in so I go to KKH with loads of ice

Good luck Salami! May all go well next week

Hello,
For IVH at KKH, how long does one need to stay in hopsital for the every two to three days scan? Let's say if one goes for the earliest timing at 8am to scan? Able to leave hospital by 9plus? Thank u.

Hello,
For IVH at KKH, how long does one need to stay in hopsital for the every two to three days scan? Let's say if one goes for the earliest timing at 8am to scan? Able to leave hospital by 9plus? Thank u.
It really depends. Monday is always the busiest. Ppl are starting to q before 730am. The scan starts about 8am but the review starts about 830am. So it depends what number you get, you will still have to wait for your turn to review. If you have no medication to collect then you can leave immediately.

Hihi im new in this forum but been in recurrent MC forum before.
I had one live birth which is normal and easy to get. Subsequently i did pregnant #2,3,4 but all ended up in MC at early stages. Did all the test for recurrent MC but seems like my result is okay and do not have any big issues slightly high on nk cell but proff mahesh said not big issues. Hub tested w low motility n morphology before we tried on IUI at nuh which was unsuccessful.
I feel very devastated as im quite easily getting pregnant till the last MC we ve been keep trying but never success at all.
I am 42 this year and really longing to have #2 child and my elder also keep asking for it .
Thinking to try on IVF but seems like to give up aswell due to age and the cost also not cheap as no subsidy for me anymore.

Been feeding hub with all the vitamins but seems like nothing is work. Sometimes i feel i just want to give up but when i see my friends around pregnant n have baby i cant seem to give up and forget about it at all.

Sorry for my rant here.

Oh my! Best of luck!! And tons and tons of baby dust! I went for one blast trsf too cos my theory is worst case is it doesnt stick. I can always try again soon. But if complication arises due to twins, might be more emotionally challenging and takes a longer time to try again.

Hihi im new in this forum but been in recurrent MC forum before.
I had one live birth which is normal and easy to get. Subsequently i did pregnant #2,3,4 but all ended up in MC at early stages. Did all the test for recurrent MC but seems like my result is okay and do not have any big issues slightly high on nk cell but proff mahesh said not big issues. Hub tested w low motility n morphology before we tried on IUI at nuh which was unsuccessful.
I feel very devastated as im quite easily getting pregnant till the last MC we ve been keep trying but never success at all.
I am 42 this year and really longing to have #2 child and my elder also keep asking for it .
Thinking to try on IVF but seems like to give up aswell due to age and the cost also not cheap as no subsidy for me anymore.

Been feeding hub with all the vitamins but seems like nothing is work. Sometimes i feel i just want to give up but when i see my friends around pregnant n have baby i cant seem to give up and forget about it at all.

Sorry for my rant here.

Hugs! I have a fren who gave birth to twins at 43 via ivf. Above 40 may not be subsidized but you can still use up to 15k from your medisave. 11k can be used in your first ivf.

I did my egg retrieval last sat 22sep but I can’t proceed to my egg transfer due to OHSS. Can I check how long do we need to wait to start my FET?

I did my egg retrieval last sat 22sep but I can’t proceed to my egg transfer due to OHSS. Can I check how long do we need to wait to start my FET?

If you do a medicated cycle, it will be about 6 weeks after your retrieval. But you have to tell the hospital immediately so they start you off on your medication once you start bleeding.

Nope KKH does not provide, I bought my cooler bag from Daiso, I saw someone using the free one from Marigold, any small one will do.

KKH only provides ice pack with the meds, they give 1-2, at most they give me 3 when I request for more lol. So I collect ice packs, such as whenever I buy dessert and the store packs it in so I go to KKH with loads of ice

Thank you!!!!! Baby dust to all!

Oh my! Best of luck!! And tons and tons of baby dust! I went for one blast trsf too cos my theory is worst case is it doesnt stick. I can always try again soon. But if complication arises due to twins, might be more emotionally challenging and takes a longer time to try again.

Thanks for your encouragement. How did your single transfer work out?

Hihi, thk u. I just hope it sticks. I took the following a mth before my retrieval cycle which was in May 2018 and continued to today.

1) Vit D pill (cos i was found to be low on Vit D)
2) CoEnzyme q10
3) Blackmore Pre-Conceive
4) Drank 1.5L of Elo Water everyday

I rested 3 mths before i did a FET cos I had Ohss. Will your Nov trsf be a fresh one again? Or a frozen ET?
My doc advised me to proceed to FET anytime after my ER (I hv OHSS so cant proceed to do ET that time).

Last edited:

Thanks! But is cooler bag necessary? Usually the injections is in the morning and at night? Like we can inject like 7am in the morning and then aboit 8pm at night?

Only maybe trigger shot need to have a specific timing?

Thanks!

Thanks! But is cooler bag necessary? Usually the injections is in the morning and at night? Like we can inject like 7am in the morning and then aboit 8pm at night?

Only maybe trigger shot need to have a specific timing?

Thanks!

U need the cooler bag to bring the injections from hospital to your workplace/ home

Hi, can i check if you usually ovulate on day 14? Does the ivf injection shift it? Then usually ER to Et takes 3 to 5 days? Which one require more rest? ET?
Will ER, ET ever falls on weekend? If like that will it be possible for ER and ET to take place on weekend?

My doc advised me to proceed to ET anytime after my ER (I hv OHSS so cant proceed to do ET that time).

I had same situation. I was told to rest abt 1.5 mths and i had very serious bloating during the egg stimulation period. But i waited 3 mths instead due to travels etc. All the best for your FET!

Hi, can i check if you usually ovulate on day 14? Does the ivf injection shift it? Then usually ER to Et takes 3 to 5 days? Which one require more rest? ET?
Will ER, ET ever falls on weekend? If like that will it be possible for ER and ET to take place on weekend?
Ovulation depends if your cycle is a fresh cycle/medicated FET/natural FET. If it’s fresh cycle, you will be asked to go for US reguarly from D8 or D10 onwards to track. ER to ET will depend on whether your embryos are Day-3 embryos or Day-5/6 blastocysts. KKH does transfer on Sat mornings (usually all transfers in KKH are in mornings). I’m not sure about Sundays.

What does dp and dt stands for?

Oh, so usually egg retrieval is on which day of the cycle? Cause i need to block my leave in office.

Thank you.

Usually after blood test, before they schedule you for ivf, you still need to see the doctor one more time right? Only upon blood test result is out, then the kkh nurse will schedule doc appointment for you. After doc appointment then ivf?

I worried that by the time it alr missed my october cycle and dont know if it is in time to schedule my nov cycle.

My blood test will only be out in 3 weeks which is mid october, which i already begin my period and ending.

What does dp and dt stands for?

Oh, so usually egg retrieval is on which day of the cycle? Cause i need to block my leave in office.

Thank you.

Usually after blood test, before they schedule you for ivf, you still need to see the doctor one more time right? Only upon blood test result is out, then the kkh nurse will schedule doc appointment for you. After doc appointment then ivf?

I worried that by the time it alr missed my october cycle and dont know if it is in time to schedule my nov cycle.

My blood test will only be out in 3 weeks which is mid october, which i already begin my period and ending.
you can refer to this website for all the ttc abbreviations : https://resolve.org/infertility-101/infertility-faq/infertility-acronyms/

have you started your stims yet ? what blood test you did that require 3 weeks ?

i am sharing my NUH protocol but i guess they are almost the same:
i started my stims on 13 July (around when my period ended).
from then, return to NUH for follicle scans + blood tests every 3 days.
(my scans are at 8am but my boss wants me to take leave #$%@#%@#%@#$%^)

my ER is on 30-Jul (depending on when your follicles grow to the correct size).

if your largest follicle reaches 14mm, your ER is estimated in 6 days.
doctor needs your largest follicle to be 18mm at scanning in order to fix your ER date.

so do not tell your office an exact date.
ask the nurses for an estimated date; say that you need to report to office.

for fresh transfer, HL is about 19 days from ER date (NUH).

for frozen transfer, 1st HL is about 7 days from ER date.
next HL is about 16 days from transfer date.

good luck !

you can refer to this website for all the ttc abbreviations : https://resolve.org/infertility-101/infertility-faq/infertility-acronyms/

have you started your stims yet ? what blood test you did that require 3 weeks ?

i am sharing my NUH protocol but i guess they are almost the same:
i started my stims on 13 July (around when my period ended).
from then, return to NUH for follicle scans + blood tests every 3 days.
(my scans are at 8am but my boss wants me to take leave #$%@#%@#%@#$%^)

my ER is on 30-Jul (depending on when your follicles grow to the correct size).

if your largest follicle reaches 14mm, your ER is estimated in 6 days.
doctor needs your largest follicle to be 18mm at scanning in order to fix your ER date.

so do not tell your office an exact date.
ask the nurses for an estimated date; say that you need to report to office.

for fresh transfer, HL is about 19 days from ER date (NUH).

for frozen transfer, 1st HL is about 7 days from ER date.
next HL is about 16 days from transfer date.

good luck !

Hi,

Thks for ur reply. Wa, it means hard to tell my boss an exact period. Abit difficult to smoke my boss. Haha.

Hmm, so your ER is how many days away from ur 1st day of period? Ur cycle is quite long?

It is chromosome test. Cause suspect that i may have turner syndrome as my amh is very low at age 20+ and i am quite short. I just prayed that i am not. Else alot of complication. Now reading google make me super paranoid.

It is so difficult to tell the people around that i require IVF when i am below 30 with such bad blood test result. My fsh also range 8-10.

Fortune teller also say that i wont have any child. Thats make me go into all these tests and seems like the results are really bad.

Anyone with young age, low amh and have success?

I had same situation. I was told to rest abt 1.5 mths and i had very serious bloating during the egg stimulation period. But i waited 3 mths instead due to travels etc. All the best for your FET!
Thanks. Actually I hv booked my hol in Nov but i still proceed for my FET in Nov because KKHIVF will close down for the whole month of Dec. my period is here now after 6 days of my ER. Hope to start my FET around end of Oct or beginning of Nov

Back