Advice needed

Ling19

Hi everyone
I need some advice on a situation my Friend is in now.
She gave birth in December and is unmarried.but she had a partner then who isn’t Singaporean and doesn’t live here.I think his name is in the child’s birth certificate.
What would be the likelihood of Father takin custody of the child in this case? Or will the Mum have it because she and the child is Singaporean?
Thanks very much.

Hi everyone
I need some advice on a situation my Friend is in now.
She gave birth in December and is unmarried.but she had a partner then who isn’t Singaporean and doesn’t live here.I think his name is in the child’s birth certificate.
What would be the likelihood of Father takin custody of the child in this case? Or will the Mum have it because she and the child is Singaporean?
Thanks very much.
Your friend is lucky because she and the kid are Singaporean. More protected that way.

I am not sure how people who are unmarried files for custody, though. Just make sure the kid's passport and birth cert is safe in custody? The father can't do anything within legal means without those two documents.

Yes. I think since they both aren't married, so all the more the lady have the right to have custody of the children.

Back