Costs of Delivery in Mount A with C-section

soymilk80

Dear Mummies, can anyone share with me the bill of delivery in Mount A with C-section in 2 or 4 bedded room? I just wanted to make a rough estimation of how much cash I need to prepare and I heard they can take credit card as well so no need to deposit cash?

Thank You

http://www.mtalvernia-hospital.org/Maternity-Packages.asp
happy.gif

Hi Celia, thanks for the info.. but I thought the package only for rooms and does not include other fees like equipment fees, anaesthetist fess etc.. so I can get a rough estimation how much is the total bill with all the miscellaneous fees.

hi soymilk, here's my breakdown at Mt A. My gynae was Dr Henry Cheng, i think you were asking about him in another thread?

1N at 2-bedded, 3N at 1-bedded. Rm charges $1400
Delivery fees with epidural $1500
Misc (equipment usage, OT, medication etc) $1500
Gynae fees $3100
Anaesthetist $900 (2 different doctors - 1 during induce, another for c-sect)
Total $8800 - Medisave claimed $4400, balance $4400 cash

Baby's stay $1200
PD fees $350
Total $1550 - Medisave claimed $1300, balance $250 cash

Do note that my bill is on higher side coz i had epidural during induced labour and another round during c-sect by another anaesthetist. Gynae fee also high coz it was emergency c-sect at 4am+ in morning. If you are doing elective c-sect, it should be lower.

Usaginoko

Pardon my ignorance, u have baby's stay charges coz BB stay beyond yr discharge period? or they charge for BB's bed and stuff during yr stay too?

Hi Usaginoko, I understand that you are going through the emergency C-section so that is why your charges is so much more expensive. Thanks for sharing.

I am choosing elective c-section so thats why would like to know an estimated figure. I think I should be preparing around $2000-$2500 cash to top up if I am choosing 2 bedded at Mount A.

Celia, they charge for bb's bed & stuff when I was warded. Bb had 2 days of light therapy for jaundice during that period.

Soymilk, I think your estimation of $2-3k cash should be sufficient.

Today I went Mount A for check up... I asking my gynec if I c-section with epidural, can my hubby company ... She told me have a charges. Then I call mount A business office to check out they said no need . Then I check w the gynec clinic assistant , she said depend on gynec . Some gynec charged some don't . Then I asked bat how much ($500) ... They said few minutes stay in only. B4 sewing your wound, hubby have to b out. So exp ... Y must charges ? I don't understand. Anyone heard b4 ? I giving on 1st week of October .

Hi Shirley, as far as I read from the forum there should be no charge for hubby to be with us when we do the opt.. I have not really asked my gynae for his charges because my delivery date is still January 2013. Maybe you can asked your gynae again and tell her/him to explain to you more clearly why there is charge for hubby to be with you in the opt room?

I gave birth in april'12. In total for cash, i paid abt $1500. 2 bedded but instead of 3nights, i stayed 2 nights. So they deducted $250 (bed for 1 night for me) n $85 (bed for bb). I think $2000 to $2500 should be more than enough. Unless ur gynae's fee very expensive. Mine is ard $1800

Hi Shirley, I had an elective c-section with epidural and there was no charge for hubby to accompany. He was there until baby out and they asked him to check baby and follow to nursery.

I am really wonder y there is a charge ! Nw even
I willing to pay for it ... Gynec said no no we dun wan anything to happen. Hw come hubby cannot company me in half c section. I m in week
33 ... I wan to change gynec !

shirley, when i was doing epidural, the anaesthetist didn't allow my hubby to be around. So I guess different doctors have their different way of doing things. Your gynae probably didn't want your hubby to faint inside (just joking!). My hubby avoided Pig Organ soup for a long time after he went in for my epi c-sect. And I've heard of a case where hubby fainted n hit his forehead somewhere, bleeding some more. BUT nobody care about him coz c-sect still in process!

My hubby also came in after my epidural was done. Kept peeking over the 'curtain'. The nurse told him don't see lah, afterwards if you faint how. But anyway, my hubby saw everything and said they opened my tummy like opening durian. The nurse and the gynae each one pull one side.

Last time when i get admitted to Mt A, my gynae told me to inform the nurse that hubby will acc mi if i need to go for c-sect.
ya my hubby also saw everything. he told me that i wont wan to know how rough they r. haha

anyway my hubby is only allowed to b inside after epidural n after my gynae cutting... not vey sure what gynae is doing with me..

mine 4bedded csec..bill was $5k+ after all the deduction i paid $1400++ (incl baby and deposit of $700)..

Hi.. my gynae charged $2300 for csec.. den e rest is hospital and nursery charges.. my gynae quite nice. My cousins say my gynae can charge me 2 charges coz i was in labour ward wanting natural. N end up emergency csec.. but he still charge $2300 for csec onli..

i think mainly depends on how much ur gynae charge u for the delivery. i checked my gynae, if 2nd delivery is also c-sec.. his charges will be even more.. $2700.

i had elective c-section in november year 2011, my bill was about $9000+ before medisave deduction.
mine was $5k+ & baby was $4k+
my gynae fees $2000, Anaesthetist $800.
stayed in single room with hubby.

hope above helps :)

hi anyone had elective c section but end out emergency c section at nuh private gynae with 1 bedder.
can I know the bill size now ?

hi anyone had elective c section but end out emergency c section at nuh private gynae with 1 bedder.
can I know the bill size now ?

Back