Anyone Seen Dr Yvonne Chan recently

nov2012newborn

hi
I have read alot of good feedbacks abt her till abt 2010.
Anyone who's seeing her now or has just delivered with her.
Any comments?

Hi magdalene,

Dr Yvonne chan is my gynae. I am very comfortable with her. She might appears to be those who take awhile to warm up, but after a few visits, she is actually quite humorous and encouraging.

When it comes to scanning, she will take time to pause and show me and my hubby the images. She definitely will not rush through her scans.

She's the kind of gynae who will not offer unnecessary information to scare her patients, but if you have any queries or uncertainty, she will definitely take time to explain and assures you. Dr chan also appears to be rather straight forward and direct at times, which some patients might find that she's very blatant,so I suppose it's up to individual.

I've ever got a friend who complains that dr chan is quite rigid on her mcs. So far, ive nvr had experienced that. So I think ultimately you might want to go for 1st consultation to see for yourself.

The nurses at the clinic are all friendly and nice as well. It's always a pleasant experience going to her clinic.

Price wise, her first consultation is about $80-100. Scan will be about $60-90. Subsequent consultation will be $60 for consult, $60 for scan. Package starts in week 20.

HTH!

Hi
I with dr chan since last yr. from miscarriage last yr to giving birth recently. She really very gd. Mi and hubb are very comfortable with her. She definitely nt rigid on the mc if u really need it. The nurses there all very friendly and they even rem my name.

Hi Mag,

Not sure if this is too late. Am with Dr Chan. Found her to be professional and quite good. Like what raine said, she is pretty straightforward. She is detailed and experienced in her checking too (though expensive hehe).

Not sure about Dr Ben Tham so can't really advise. Hope this helps.

she is patience and good. her stitching skills are also very good. I had my c-section done with her and i did not take any painkiller and the wound heal nicely.
Now i'm preg with 2nd child, also go back to see her. I'm also due in Nov.
happy.gif

Hi all, I just called Dr Chan, she's fully booked for nov already... Any other female gynae to recommend?

I am seeing Dr Chan for my 2nd baby now. Last gave birth in 2009. When my son went to the consultation room with me, she even remembered his name! You can 'search' other links about Dr Chan and you can find that she is very well known in KKH previously.

I am also giving birth this Nov! That time I was so anxious Dr Chan din wanna take me in as she has a quota for the number of patients she takes in.

My baby was delivered by Dr. Chan. She goes through very detail each scans and make jokes, make it very light for first time parents. She was especially careful with cleft lip etc.

Chose her coz I heard her stiching was good. And like Joanne, I didn't need painkiller either, did c-sect coz baby was too big for me, and hubby opted c-sect, while Dr. Chan actually recommended induce.

Best part about her, she has never failed to address my hubby by name. 1.5 years later, she even could address my baby by name! Love this personal touch about her.

Hi all, my little one was delivered by Dr Chan as well on 29th May. She was the one to did my pre-pregnancy check up and the next visit I was pregnant and hence chose her. She's a very professional and patient doctor and offered advice only where appropriate and necessary so as not to let mothers become worried unduly.

As this was my first baby, and I had spotting during my first and several times during my third trimester, hence will get worried. However, Dr Chan will never hesitate to ask me to go into the clinic to check as she understands i will get worried , despite the fact that her patients are full on that day.

She's such a wonderful doctor
happy.gif

She was my gynae when I had my #1. Don't think she is an expert in ivf because she actually recommended a doc to my friend to go thru ivf. If I am not wrong it shld be LC chang ..

Delivered with Dr Chan in Feb this year. Find her very professional, calm and sincere. Will go to her again if I am pregnant again. Only downside is her fees are not cheap.

Hi,

I delivered my 1st baby with Dr Yvonne Chan in June 2012. She was recommended by my GP and I must say that I am very lucky to have her as my gynae. She cared about me when I showed signs of prenatal blues and potentially postnatal depression, and would call up my husband to inform him on the things to look out for as he had been busy accompanying me for some prenatal checks. She will constantly check on the well-being of not just the baby during your pregnancy but also the mother (emotionally and physically). Yes, she is very professional and somehow she has ways to calm you down during the delivery. I like this gynae a lot and definitely will go back to her for #2.

Been seeing her for a long time, when I had a spontaneous miscarriage. She likes to joke it took her 7 years to get me pregnant.
I like her very much - calm, straight to the point, and tells you what you need to know, when you need to know it. As she said when I asked her questions about the delivery, she told me not to worry about that. That was her problem. My problem was what to do with the baby when I got him home - true.
She knows I always ask questions. So after the scan, when we sit down, she will always ask "OK, what are your questions?"
When she saw I was slipping into postnatal blues, she spoke to me for about 30min, just making me feel important.
Will go to her again if I have another baby.
But book her early. She does not take patients beyond the 1st trimester. And if she's full, she won't take you on.

I delivered my first baby in march with her through c-sec. Really no pain on the 3rd day without pain killer. Caring & professional gynae.

I delivered my 1st baby with Dr Yvonne Chan in Mar 2012. I only have two words for her "Very Good". My pregency was a very difficult one as i was vomitting throughout my 9 mths so Dr Chan was always very supportive and caring in all ways.
She is really a good gynae to be with and the good thing abt her clinic is she do not take in too many patients so the waiting time is relatively short as compare to a lot of other gynaes which some of my friends claimed can wait up to 3hrs.
My hubby and i will definitely go back to her when we are going for #2.

any idea if yvonne chan will issue hospitalization leave instead of mc before the EDD for mummy to rest at home?

Dr Yvonne Chan is very professional and conservative. She delivers my lovely baby and took good care of me during pregnancy. She is very discreet as the pregnancy was not easy for me. In fact I think she decided to induce when the pregnancy reaches full term just to be in the safe side as the womb and water levels are showing deteriorating signs. Glad to have her.

Can i check if there is any review more recent about her
I had my 2nd baby delivered by Dr Yvonne Chan in late Sep 2019. She is a great, knowledgeable and assuring gynae. She is always calm, confident and positive. Both delivery (my first and second) were smooth and I recovered very well after delivery. I highly recommend her if you can afford her services

Back