HELP, I am unable to shake of this incident from my mind

Today me and my 3 year old son were walking home from the mall. we were only a few meters away from reaching home near the traffic signal. my son is a very daring and play full boy.

He does not understand the concept of being scared. and he also does not like to sit down in his pram any more so i usually just let him walk with me holding my hands. he likes to press the traffic signal button.

So for a single moment i let his hands go for pressing the button and he was standing with me for a few secs. and then he just ran across the road without a warning when the lights were still red . there was a car which was speeding near us . i started screaming my head off and running after him. and my son who is a small boy did not understand, he thought we were playing. but thankfully he missed getting hit by the car in a few inches.

I was frozen for a moment, i was full of guilt, angry with myself for letting him go for that one moment. i feel terrible and shaken to my core for i will not be able to forgive my self if anything was to happen to that boy. i feel anxious and worried and i am unable to clam myself down. this scene of what if ... keeps flashing in my head repeatedly again and again.

I know nothing bad happened and i know that i will take extra extra care to not let that happen again. but still feel unbearable and painful and guilt ridden.

what a close shave! luckily your son is safe.

you can start teaching him about road safety and always keep a hand on him.

don't feel bad about yourself, this is accident. forgive yourself so you can take care of your child.

hugs.....

Your son is so lucky. Be more careful next time. This is a good lesson for all parents to learn. Let the past pass. You can be a good mother still.

i say sorry in advance first. there is a saying in chinese that if one does not suffer from an incident, he/she will enjoy great in future.

i just try my best hope u will feel better. my son also almost dashed out to the road once. when i reach home i give him a good thrashing because he always likes to struggle free from my hands for no reason.

after the serious scolding, he always make it a habit to hold either parent’s hand.

Back