Hiring a foreign domestic worker

lovelyluna

Hi mummies/mummies to be

I am currently having my 2nd pregnancy, and would like to get an extra help.
ANy one can share how much it cost for a foreign domestic worker. Including all the admin cost. thinking of getting from an agency any agency to recommend? preferrably indonesian maid.

https://ablebest.com.sg

You can try the above agency. I personally highly recommend them. Very professional. Do profile matching. Don't anyhow give u a maid based on availability just to close the deal.

I can't remember how much is the total cost at the beginning cos I just renewed my maid for another 2 years that I just got from them 2 years ago when I was expecting #1. Now expecting #2.

So it's good that she wants to stick to us as well. Not so much headache...

No harm just enquiring... it's free to enquire.. lol..

Oh but I can't comment for Indo. Mine is Pinoy bcos I'm quite particular about the communication plus as my kid grow older she spend more time interacting with him...

Hey Luna. I have tried many different agencies to date. The cost is roughly $4500-$5000 inclusive of the maid's advance salary of around 6 months. The current agency i am using is reasonably priced and the coordinator assigned to me is very helpful and professional. They are called best helper or something, you can call 8660 5975 and look for Phng to be safe. Good luck.

Hi mummies/mummies to be

I am currently having my 2nd pregnancy, and would like to get an extra help.
ANy one can share how much it cost for a foreign domestic worker. Including all the admin cost. thinking of getting from an agency any agency to recommend? preferrably indonesian maid.

Hi, During my 2nd pregnancy, I also opt for helper. But due to agency fee, loan, admin etc end up with quite high cost. I don't go through them.
I get my transfer helper from gumtree. basically she had completed her 6months loan service with her employer and decided to change of employer. There's also FDW FB page for employer to join. some helper ending their contract but employer decided not to have anymore helper, so employer post out in the page. You may want to join in :)

If you ever heard lots of stories about helper etc. It's by luck and also how you educate them.
  1. Some said transfer helper no good cause if she good why she want to transfer. So from there you need to investigate and interview.
  2. Some said fresh helper is good, but then some fresh helper have no experience on taking care kids or even proper household cleaning. Fresh helper lower salary cause no experience.
  3. Some said experience helper good, but you also heard stories, experience helper intend to be more stubborn as they will want to do their way, and their salary abit higher than fresh helper.
Better to have now before you give birth, so atleast you can teach her household cleaning, cooking, then teach her on handling newborn, get her help to clean newborn items etc. Once baby arrived, she can assist you easily.

Goodluck dear!

Got this quotation from Budget maid few months ago.

Transfer maid (Indonesia)
Basic salary: $600
If no off day, per Sunday compensation $24, so total salary will be $696.
Agency fee: $1088
MoM application fee: $60
Maid 2yrs Insurance : $380.60
Upfront 6,7 month loan payment: $3,295

Total package : $4,823.60/=

I am really turned off by the hefty price tag I have to pay beforehand, so I decided to do my own direct hire.

Direct hire maid (EX-SIN)
Basic salary: $600
If no off day, per Sunday compensation $24, so total salary will be $696.
Agency fee: $0
MoM application fee: $60
Maid 2yrs Insurance : $210
Medical checkup: $65
Upfront 4month loan payment: $2,400

Total package : $3,431/=

Savings of $1.3k+

Last edited:
Costs for hiring a maid are really hefty these days, but the quality of maids is really questionable. If you can direct hire, it would be a better option. Forget about so-called "service" or transfer options from maid agencies - they are non-existent. If you ever need to have a replacement, you fork out as much as you did at the beginning, only with more eagerness as you are held to ransom to get a problem maid out of the house ASAP. Moreover who needs the interference of so many humanitarian 'migrant' organizations who only add to the lists of regulations in your dealings with your maid ? End up you are more slave than they are helper to you !

Back