Any good female gynae from Thomson/Raffles to recommend?

Lovingmyfam

Hi, mummies,

I just found out that i'm preggy now (my 1st time, yay!) and I have no idea what to do next.

So, I'm planning to go see gynae soon with my hubby.

I'd love to hear your recommendation for any good female gynae from Thomson or Raffles.

It's not easy for me to see the next step as it's my 1st time being pregnant....

please help!

Hi congrats to you!
I am currently seeing Dr Lee I Wuen a female gynae at Raffles Hospital.
This is my first pregnancy too and I have been following up with her since 5-6 years ago.

I went to several hospitals before and overall i still like Dr Lee. :)

I am visiting Dr Ong Xiao Hui at W C Cheng & Associates (Thomson Medical Centre)

Quite okay with her all these while.

Hi congrats to you!
I am currently seeing Dr Lee I Wuen a female gynae at Raffles Hospital.
This is my first pregnancy too and I have been following up with her since 5-6 years ago.

I went to several hospitals before and overall i still like Dr Lee. :)

Thanks. :) you mean you went to do pap smear or some other prenatal test with her 5-6 years ago till now?
that's a long time!
Anyway, I'm ok with Dr. Lee too but noticed that she doesn't offer any package and do not deliver at my due....
so considering to change to another doctor...

Thanks for your sharing!
Does she offer package and is she experienced with delivery?

Yes, She does! from week 12 onwards is 990 before GST

in terms of delivery, I couldn't comment at this moment because I am first time mummy with her.

I did read some reviews, seems okay. =)

Seeing Dr Adrian Tan from ACJ clinic at Thomson now..he’s awesome cos on every visit, he is always so positive and assuring you feel like you will be in good hands..waiting time is also very short and his package starts from wk 20 at $888

Seeing Dr Adrian Tan from ACJ clinic at Thomson now..he’s awesome cos on every visit, he is always so positive and assuring you feel like you will be in good hands..waiting time is also very short and his package starts from wk 20 at $888

Hi Maines, for Dr Adrian, do you know about the baby delivery charge at Thomson? Thanks :)

Thanks. :) you mean you went to do pap smear or some other prenatal test with her 5-6 years ago till now?
that's a long time!
Anyway, I'm ok with Dr. Lee too but noticed that she doesn't offer any package and do not deliver at my due....
so considering to change to another doctor...

Can I know the cost of each visit to doctor lee please? Thank you

What is the price difference between KKH and private hospitals?

I am thinking of switching to private hospital but am unsure of the pricings.

Dr Geraldine Tan (Thomson) is amazingly gentle; always optimistic; and reassuring. Great for a first time mum.

Had a nightmare time with another lady gynae from Thomson earlier in my pregnancy.

Seeing Dr Wk Tan from WC Cheng & Associates from TMC. She's very motherly, and experienced. Delivered my first baby, and now seeing her for my current pregnancy. She offers a package after week 12. Approx $3000.

Hi mummies!

Need help on gynae recommendation :)

Anyone here have experience with Dr Claudine Tan (TMC serangoon)?

Or any good doctor to recommend under Thomson Medical Centre?

Thank you!

Dr Geraldine Tan (Thomson) is amazingly gentle; always optimistic; and reassuring. Great for a first time mum.

Had a nightmare time with another lady gynae from Thomson earlier in my pregnancy.
Hi there! Do you have the package offer by Geraldine? Thanks!

Hi there! I’m still looking for gynae. May I know the first visit what is included? And what is included in the $888 package? Thanks!!

Hi mummies!

Need help on gynae recommendation :)

Anyone here have experience with Dr Claudine Tan (TMC serangoon)?

Or any good doctor to recommend under Thomson Medical Centre?

Thank you!

I juz gave birth to #2 in Feb by Dr Claudine.. both of my child was delivered by her.. very nice and cheerful lady.. went for natural and her stitching skills are good.. i can walk ard the hospital the next day, no pain..

I juz gave birth to #2 in Feb by Dr Claudine.. both of my child was delivered by her.. very nice and cheerful lady.. went for natural and her stitching skills are good.. i can walk ard the hospital the next day, no pain..

Sis , may i know how much of the total hosp bill?

i paid deposit of $3210 to clinic, deposit of $2500 upon admission. Paid additional $13.20 upon discharged including baby's fee.

May I know which type of ward u deliver at? How about her visiting time is it very long to wait every appointment?

Hi there! I’m still looking for gynae. May I know the first visit what is included? And what is included in the $888 package? Thanks!!
i didn’t see him on the very first visit..i went to a clinic in parkway east hospital first before switching to Dr Adrian Tan at about week 8

I am visiting Dr Ong Xiao Hui at W C Cheng & Associates (Thomson Medical Centre)

Quite okay with her all these while.

I definitely will not recommend Ong Xiaohui as she is far away to say as "good". Probably below my "satisfactory"

On normal appointment, she rushes.

But the bigger problem came during emergency. She does not respond to my wife's emergency! When my wife experience a fall down from the escalator when she was 27wk, she developed early contraction and extreme pain. We tried to call her through 24hr emergency line at 7pm Friday evening, which was not office hour but still not ridiculous timeframe. The communication process was prohibitively difficult and she just recommended my wife rest at home after we called for several times. At 8pm my wife's pain went on extreme so we ran to NUH emergency. The level of emergency was really high at that point as my wife was admitted to the labor ward within 5 minutes once reaching NUH.

After discharging from NUH, we send her an update about my wife's situation. She called back almost 2 hour after and ask why we went hospital, which is not responsible at all.

We visited her after discharging from NUH, she told my wife that fall down is common and no need to worry, but she did not handle my wife's mental crisis for being helpless over emergency and made it clear that she will not be stand-by out of office hour. She also recommended us to go directly to NUH in case of an emergency.

Objectively speaking, we chose a private gynea at higher price mainly for her value-added service and better expertise during an emergency. If the gynea only expects a normal delivery and does not respond to an emergency, i do not see their value over public hospital. So overall will not recommend her.

Her normal visit is 170-180sgd, which is quite expensive for the service she provided.

Congrats to you! Sorry I don't know any female doc at thomson but I'm currently seeing Dr TC Chang at Thomson. He is very good and assuring. I feel comfortable with him and he doesn't rush through appointments. He is also the head of fetal unit. :)

Any female gynae to recommend from TMC that has reasonable pricing and good service? I’m a first time mummy and need a lot of guidance and tips.

Yes, She does! from week 12 onwards is 990 before GST

in terms of delivery, I couldn't comment at this moment because I am first time mummy with her.

I did read some reviews, seems okay. =)
Hi Ong, how was your delivery experience with Dr Ong Xiao Hui?

Back