IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

ohh, my first one was in May, only had 1 follicle, so gynae aborted the procedure, told us to try natural, but still BFN. Starting 2nd cycle in July, waiting for AF to come haha

Why aborted for first round? Is that egg size not good?
The follicle was at the right size, just that it was at the blocked tube side. so gynae advised not to waste the money on IUI if we know the one and only chance is at the blocked tube. Oh wells, hopefully better luck in july☺️

ohh, my first one was in May, only had 1 follicle, so gynae aborted the procedure, told us to try natural, but still BFN. Starting 2nd cycle in July, waiting for AF to come haha

actually 1 follicle to try for IUI, i also feel not worth it.

I had 1 follicle last month and tried IUI, didn't work out also. Wonder how many more IUI should I go through before I should consider IVF, any advice from mommies out there?

Babe, whats ur follicle size and lining ? And did you check on ur husband sperm count?
I'm also having the same thoughts as you on your question...Iui seems not so easy with such a low %

I had 1 follicle last month and tried IUI, didn't work out also. Wonder how many more IUI should I go through before I should consider IVF, any advice from mommies out there?

Babe, whats ur follicle size and lining ? And did you check on ur husband sperm count?
I'm also having the same thoughts as you on your question...Iui seems not so easy with such a low %

Doc say hubby sperm count is good.. last month only 1 follicle grew up to 19cm but I never about lining. Does it matter?

Am doing in NUH as subsidized patient, wonder if I should try pte. But the cost outlay is huge jump for me.

Hello all hopeful mummies to be. New member reporting. We want to try IUI next month and I have just finished reading the last few hundred pages and am still lol

Want to try normal IUI first instead of SO-IUI. Anyone here doing the same?

Hi qqduckie and angel0811,

A thick, healthy lining of the uterus, known as the endometrium is necessary for a healthy menstrual cycle and pregnancy. A fertilized egg needs the lining of the uterus to be a certain thickness to implant and begin growing.

So if uterine lining is not thick enough below 6 mm, this procedures may be cancelled.
Ideal lining should be 7mm.
Best lining is 8-13mm

How many times have u tried in NUH? Hmm....I will suggest to continue with the subsidy hospital first.

Doc say hubby sperm count is good.. last month only 1 follicle grew up to 19cm but I never about lining. Does it matter?

Am doing in NUH as subsidized patient, wonder if I should try pte. But the cost outlay is huge jump for me.

Hello all hopeful mummies to be. New member reporting. We want to try IUI next month and I have just finished reading the last few hundred pages and am still lol

Want to try normal IUI first instead of SO-IUI. Anyone here doing the same?
Hi Twinklehope! Me me! I am trying IUI first in July instead of SO-IUI :)

A thick, healthy lining of the uterus, known as the endometrium is necessary for a healthy menstrual cycle and pregnancy. A fertilized egg needs the lining of the uterus to be a certain thickness to implant and begin growing.

So if uterine lining is not thick enough below 6 mm, this procedures may be cancelled.
Best lining is 8-13mm

How many times have u tried in NUH? Hmm....I will suggest to continue with the subsidy hospital first.
Ohh okie thank you mummymich! The first time round my lining scan was 7mm at CD12. I've never reached the stage for CD16 scan(insemination process) haha, hopefully the July cycle can try! :)

Best lining is 8-13mm

@mummymich, ic ic. Thanks for the info. I have stopped for 2 months because the last gynae doctor was really rough during IUI. Abit of nightmare of going through the procedure. Will ask the doctor again on the lining information when I see doctor again. :)

It depends on your doctor's advice. i did my 1st SO-IUI last Dec with 1 right follicle ready for procedure (my left ovary only has half the capacity) but i didnt hit. My Doc suggests i go for 2 rounds of SO-IUI before IVF. i have yet to go for 2nd round, penning hope through TCM. No news yet leh.

Anyway Angel0811, can I ask why you chose NUH? I know KKH only has SO-IUI
haha its near my workplace! :) Before trying out any artificial procedures we have to visit the gynae a couple of times (i.e., HSG, Blood tests, collect medicine, collect blood tests results etc). So i chose NUH for the sake of convenience, because it's not very nice to keep taking leave for my side :)

Ohhh, really? only KKH does SO-IUI? I don't mind jumping straight into IVF if this round of IUI doesn't work because:
Taken from NUH website:
Male Partner Requirements for IUI
IUI relies on the natural ability of sperm to fertilize an egg in the fallopian tubes. Studies show that IUI will not be effective in cases where the male has low sperm counts or poor sperm shape (also known as sperm morphology).
http://www.nuhgynae.com.sg/cos/o.x?c=/wbn/pagetree&func=view&rid=1054884

P/S. My husband has low low low morphology.

Not me, you confused me with another member
Oh no so sorry it was meant for qqduckie :)

My gynae's nurse told me that if use subsidy for IUI then if really have to go thru IVF, then for IVF it will not be subsidized already? Does this only applies to only private hosp?

My gynae's nurse told me that if use subsidy for IUI then if really have to go thru IVF, then for IVF it will not be subsidized already? Does this only applies to only private hosp?
I think I heard it somewhere before too.. Anybody can help clarify on this please.... :)

@Rine_YM , I have asked NUH about this before. They mentioned the subsidy from government is 1 time only. So if you use for IUI then cannot use for IVF anymore. But the subsidy for IVF also only 1 time, so gotta pray hard hard first IVF works because 2nd round onwards, no more subsidy :(

@Rine_YM , I have asked NUH about this before. They mentioned the subsidy from government is 1 time only. So if you use for IUI then cannot use for IVF anymore. But the subsidy for IVF also only 1 time, so gotta pray hard hard first IVF works because 2nd round onwards, no more subsidy :(

No lar, Govt subsidies for 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycle. If u use for 1st iui, u still have 2 more fresh cycle to use. But for iui is not worth to use the subsidies cos the amount is not that a lot.

For Medisave we can use up to 15k for iui/ivf

Anyway Angel0811, can I ask why you chose NUH? I know KKH only has SO-IUI
Not true...My first IUI was request natural IUI in KK..For natural IUI, cannot have blocked tube and able to ovolute regularly ...

Anyway,my second round of IUI changed to SO-IUI,as result in first round not good for egg size...

Not true...My first IUI was request natural IUI in KK..For natural IUI, cannot have blocked tube and able to ovolute regularly ...

Anyway,my second round of IUI changed to SO-IUI,as result in first round not good for egg size...
Ooo...how's it? any good news? :) how many follicles did u have for the first try (IUI) and second try (SO-IUI)?

Ooo...how's it? any good news? :) how many follicles did u have for the first try (IUI) and second try (SO-IUI)?
Failed for both,now waiting for third round result as just completed my 2nd SO-IUI last week..

First IUI (natural IUI), egg size no good so stop half way...
Second IUI (SO-IUI), think failed cause of thin lining, as proceed with 5mm lining... As doctor said the lining have 3 layers,so have recommend us to go ahead...

Failed for both,now waiting for third round result as just completed my 2nd SO-IUI last week..

First IUI (natural IUI), egg size no good so stop half way...
Second IUI (SO-IUI), think failed cause of thin lining, as proceed with 5mm lining... As doctor said the lining have 3 layers,so have recommend us to go ahead...
Ohh, Good luck to you ya! :) I think 5mm too low already, minimum is 7mm (I think someone wrote the guide above)..

I also stopped halfway for my first IUI, because there is one 20mm follicle found on 1 side, which is also the blocked side..

I didn’t know that! Thanks for sharing! I’m actually still slightly confused. So I should look for a doctor in KKH first? The first step is fertility tests for both husband and wife or go during LH surge??

haha its near my workplace! :) Before trying out any artificial procedures we have to visit the gynae a couple of times (i.e., HSG, Blood tests, collect medicine, collect blood tests results etc). So i chose NUH for the sake of convenience, because it's not very nice to keep taking leave for my side :)

Ohhh, really? only KKH does SO-IUI? I don't mind jumping straight into IVF if this round of IUI doesn't work because:
Taken from NUH website:
Male Partner Requirements for IUI
IUI relies on the natural ability of sperm to fertilize an egg in the fallopian tubes. Studies show that IUI will not be effective in cases where the male has low sperm counts or poor sperm shape (also known as sperm morphology).
http://www.nuhgynae.com.sg/cos/o.x?c=/wbn/pagetree&func=view&rid=1054884

P/S. My husband has low low low morphology.

Oh no so sorry it was meant for qqduckie :)

Thanks for the detailed explanation babe!! Really really appreciate it!! Ok. Shall decide between KKH and NUH then to cut costs since both are government hospitals. How much are you paying at NUH?

Haiz...4 more days to blood test but my AF decided to appear today...I'm so so disappointed and sad....This journey is such a tough journey that I feel like giving up...

Ya my body is ok, I used to love drinking cold drinks and have cut down so much already. This 2 mths also Nv drink cold drinks. in fact I went TCM last yr also to tiao my body, at first Sinseh was saying my body is weak and stress so Tk their Med but after seeing for 3 mths, she said I shd be fine already and I also stop seeing cos my company moved and it’s hard for me to travel down in time due to their opening hours as well.

We can feel u... I schedule our 1st IUI in Aug if no natural conceive takes place.. so tired of trying also... But cannot give up!!!

Other than hub low morphology.. yourself everything is good????

Hi Rine,
To check if the tubes are block...
Oic... ok.. seems like I never to do all these.. I just tell my gynae that we have tried for a year but no good news.. He asked me go scan on my CD2 and CD10, everything ok.. and he also ask if wanna proceed with IUI since my hub got low morphology issue.. thats all.. I rem on CD10 he measure my lining and said good (cant rem how many mm) hehe

Back