IVF Mummies 2018

Does anyone has spotting/bleeding on and off?

I had spotting/bleeding at week 5, stopped at week 6, then bleeding at week 7 and stopped for 2 weeks and now week 9, I started to spot/bleed again.

I had 3 episodes of quite heavy bleeding for half a day between week 5-7 and with spotting almost every other day. As long as the baby’s heartbeat is ok, don’t worry!

He prescribed me Utrogestan to insert and the medication finished on Sunday night already. He asked me to observe first.
Ok, so the situation is, you are still experiencing spotting. What about getting a support jab from him when you see him? Proluton jabs may solve the problem.

Are you referring to OSCAR or the screening at 6-7 weeks?

She is referring to the blood test that can be taken from week 9 onwards and scanning to be done at around week 12/13.

4 years ago, I only did FTS. Now Dr Tan recommended FTS and Harmony. Then at about week 19/20, will do the detailed scan.

do u all at kkh do First tri screening only?

I think it depends on your comfort level and your age?

FTS and Harmony are to screen for T21, T18 and T13. Generally the older you are, the higher the risk is.

From what I know, FTS is a must at KKH because it involves a blood test and scan whereas Harmony is just a blood test. So Harmony is optional. FTS has a limited timeline and it means it can only be done during certain week and once the time is passed, you can’t do FTS anymore. However, for Harmony, you can do any time from week 10 onwards if you decide to do it later.

Harmony is more accurate than FTS but without the scan, it cannot pick up any structural defect of the baby.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone

I am very new to this website and forum, my first post and sorry my story abit long but I just cannot settle down. Confirmed BFP (2nd FET) on 28 May @ 4wks+3days and HCG 2000.

At 4w+6d (last Thurs), I suddenly felt a sharp pain when I sat down at 8pm, when I stood up to go toilet, there's lots of blood and blood clots. Went to Mt A's A&E with more clots and blood (sorry TMI). My gynae scanned and the gestational/pregnancy sac is still there at 5mm+ and asked for me to be admitted, bedrest and observaton. Anyway blood and clots for 1 more day before stopping Friday evening, HCG test@3586 (nvr double but Dr said still pregnant and at least increased). To cut story short, he did another scan on me 2 days ago (Monday) but the pregnancy sac decreased to 3mm which makes me only 4.5wks and not 5+3.

My last miscarriage in March, the sac never grew and was also 3mm at 5 wks. So I am real scared that I will experience a MC 2nd time. Have another scan next Monday, lost my appetite just thinking of it.

Hi Everyone

I am very new to this website and forum, my first post and sorry my story abit long but I just cannot settle down. Confirmed BFP (2nd FET) on 28 May @ 4wks+3days and HCG 2000.

At 4w+6d (last Thurs), I suddenly felt a sharp pain when I sat down at 8pm, when I stood up to go toilet, there's lots of blood and blood clots. Went to Mt A's A&E with more clots and blood (sorry TMI). My gynae scanned and the gestational/pregnancy sac is still there at 5mm+ and asked for me to be admitted, bedrest and observaton. Anyway blood and clots for 1 more day before stopping Friday evening, HCG test@3586 (nvr double but Dr said still pregnant and at least increased). To cut story short, he did another scan on me 2 days ago (Monday) but the pregnancy sac decreased to 3mm which makes me only 4.5wks and not 5+3.

My last miscarriage in March, the sac never grew and was also 3mm at 5 wks. So I am real scared that I will experience a MC 2nd time. Have another scan next Monday, lost my appetite just thinking of it.
I think there's nothing much you can do now except to wait for Monday...lotsa bedrest pls. I know of ladies who bled all the way but managed to give birth to a healthy and bouncing baby. Keep the hopes high.

I am having brown discharge since Monday. I heard that is pretty normal for early pregnancy, especially ivf. I am still worried though.
Yep, I had it on week 6-9 on and off.
Actually nothing much we can do except to have more rest and maybe get the vaginal inserts.

She is referring to the blood test that can be taken from week 9 onwards and scanning to be done at around week 12/13.

4 years ago, I only did FTS. Now Dr Tan recommended FTS and Harmony. Then at about week 19/20, will do the detailed scan.

I think it depends on your comfort level and your age?

FTS and Harmony are to screen for T21, T18 and T13. Generally the older you are, the higher the risk is.

From what I know, FTS is a must at KKH because it involves a blood test and scan whereas Harmony is just a blood test. So Harmony is optional. FTS has a limited timeline and it means it can only be done during certain week and once the time is passed, you can’t do FTS anymore. However, for Harmony, you can do any time from week 10 onwards if you decide to do it later.

Harmony is more accurate than FTS but without the scan, it cannot pick up any structural defect of the baby.
Hey rainbow, have you done both tests?

Hey rainbow, have you done both tests?

I just did both tests today.

everything ok now?

The spotting has stopped on its own since last Thursday. Pray that it won’t come back again.

By the way, do you all experienced difficulties posting messages here? I tried post something and it kept prompting that I was posting contents that don’t allow and asked me to contact administrators. So annoying! I don’t think my contents are of any irrelevance.

I just did both tests today.

The spotting has stopped on its own since last Thursday. Pray that it won’t come back again.

By the way, do you all experienced difficulties posting messages here? I tried post something and it kept prompting that I was posting contents that don’t allow and asked me to contact administrators. So annoying! I don’t think my contents are of any irrelevance.
Jia you Jia you! You know the gender of the baby already?
Jia you Jia you!! Spotting will usually automatically stop once you cross 1st trimester.
No ley, so far I can post without hindrance. Your content includes sexual/political/ racial is it. Hahahaha

Jia you Jia you! You know the gender of the baby already?
Jia you Jia you!! Spotting will usually automatically stop once you cross 1st trimester.
No ley, so far I can post without hindrance. Your content includes sexual/political/ racial is it. Hahahaha
I don’t know the gender yet. Will only know in two weeks time.

I reply messages so I don’t think my content is spam-like or inappropriate.

See picture for reference.

I use the app to message most of the time.

Attachments

• F3B284FC-1F6F-4BFF-8391-A6BBC23FC368.png
    F3B284FC-1F6F-4BFF-8391-A6BBC23FC368.png
    239.2 KB · Views: 282
Hi Mummies,

Can i check if you ladies bought maternity insurance? Seems like they are mostly investment linked, which is not what i want. And only AIA and AVIVA accept IVF applications. Can anyone shed some light on this? TIA!

@towkayneo, do you experience very bad morning sickness since you are having a boy again?
hey rainbow, well, it's not exactly morning sickness, it's nauseous and ultra sensitive to smell all the time and lack of appetite. I have been experiencing the same thing for these 3 boys.

Actually in my opinion, if it's the opposite gender, the body should behave differently from the previous pregnancy. What do you think?

Are you having very bad MS?

hey rainbow, well, it's not exactly morning sickness, it's nauseous and ultra sensitive to smell all the time and lack of appetite. I have been experiencing the same thing for these 3 boys.

Actually in my opinion, if it's the opposite gender, the body should behave differently from the previous pregnancy. What do you think?

Hi everyone
I just delivered my baby girl.
From weeks 7-28 during pregnancy I had severe nausea, headaches and poor appetite. In the following weeks when my appetite picked up, I had a drastic change of food preference lol... I ended up liking what my husb likes to eat.
No skin outbreak, no water retention or backache. My nose didn’t ‘turn ugly’.
Everyone commented I had a ‘boy bump’ cos my bump was ‘forward’, not ‘spilling to the ends’ and voted for team blue (cos I did not check for gender).
Guess e myth does not apply to everyone.

Have a safe, smooth and happy pregnancy everyone :)

Hi everyone
From weeks 7-28 during pregnancy I had severe nausea, headaches and poor appetite. In the following weeks when my appetite picked up, I had a drastic change of food preference lol... I ended up liking what my husb likes to eat.
Everyone commented I had a ‘boy bump’ cos my bump was ‘forward’, not ‘spilling to the ends’ and voted for team blue (cos I did not check for gender).

Congrats on your delivery!

Hi everyone

Congrats! Did you do IVF as well? :)

Yup. Tested positive in Oct last yr.
Ivf, pregnancy n labour were very tough in my opinion.
But when I hold my baby in my arms, I have nothing but gratitude and joy. All difficult times will pass.
Jiayou all ivf moms!
Wow, Thank u for the encouragement! ☺️☺️ Can i also ask if u had low morphology issues as well??

Last edited:
Yup. Tested positive in Oct last yr.
Ivf, pregnancy n labour were very tough in my opinion.
But when I hold my baby in my arms, I have nothing but gratitude and joy. All difficult times will pass.
Jiayou all ivf moms!
you forgot to mention breastfeeding! That's also another killer

Wow, Thank u for the encouragement! ☺️☺️ Can i also ask if u had low morphology issues as well??
My husb has Low morphology (1) n Low motility. We did icsi.
I read anor post this member said ‘ivf is a numbers game. So Long as u dun give up, U’ll haf a chance’. The Nurses who cared for me during my ivf journey added ‘ivf is 50-50 lah, either successful or not successful. Dun complicate it with age, lining, sperm and egg quality, so stressful. Think positive vibes and try to relax, take it easy’
These were my guiding mantra, n they helped me keep my sanity esp during the 2ww.

Rainbow, where did u had your procedure at? at KKH? :)

I did mine at KKH.

I’m not having very bad MS. Just feel nauseated at times but has never really vomited, bad acid reflux, sudden hunger bangs, cravings for different food every week. All these I didn’t experience with my girl.

My husb has Low morphology (1) n Low motility. We did icsi.
I read anor post this member said ‘ivf is a numbers game. So Long as u dun give up, U’ll haf a chance’. The Nurses who cared for me during my ivf journey added ‘ivf is 50-50 lah, either successful or not successful. Dun complicate it with age, lining, sperm and egg quality, so stressful. Think positive vibes and try to relax, take it easy’
These were my guiding mantra, n they helped me keep my sanity esp during the 2ww.
Omg thank you so much for the advice!! <3

Me too, DH has 2% morphology. I also think IVF is the best bet for us, but gynae insists us to try IUI first because of my sprouting AMH. Did you try IUI prior to IVF? How many day 3 or day 5 embryos/blastocysts did you transfer? Any frozen left?

haha Sorry if i asked alot, i finally found someone in the same situation as me and that I can seek advice from :)

Last edited:
I did mine at KKH.

I’m not having very bad MS. Just feel nauseated at times but has never really vomited, bad acid reflux, sudden hunger bangs, cravings for different food every week. All these I didn’t experience with my girl.
Maybe it's a different gender this time ley :p You know your baby gender already?

Omg thank you so much for the advice!! <3

Me too, DH has 2% morphology. I also think IVF is the best bet for us, but gynae insists us to try IUI first because of my sprouting AMH. Did you try IUI prior to IVF? How many day 3 or day 5 embryos/blastocysts did you transfer? Any frozen left?

haha Sorry if i asked alot, i finally found someone in the same situation as me and that I can seek advice from :)

Yes, did 3 iui before moving to ivf. Transferred 2 day3 embryos. No frozen.

Thank you so much for the info :) Is it possible to request the gynae to stimulate more eggs hoping that there will be surplus embryos to cryopreserve for future needs?
Thing is, you can have more eggs, but the quality of the eggs will be compromised.

i went for FTS. think not going for harmony if all goes well. what about u? im week 14

Initially I only opted for FTS. Then last minute I opted for both. So I took both blood tests at week 10 and did ultrasound scan at week 12. I had my FTS results after the scan and is low risk. So I think I wasted money to do Harmony Test. could have saved it for other things. $800 just flies away like that.

My EDD has also changed to end of this year instead of beginning of Jan.

Have you done your FTS?

Initially I only opted for FTS. Then last minute I opted for both. So I took both blood tests at week 10 and did ultrasound scan at week 12. I had my FTS results after the scan and is low risk. So I think I wasted money to do Harmony Test. could have saved it for other things. $800 just flies away like that.

My EDD has also changed to end of this year instead of beginning of Jan.

Have you done your FTS?
Actually you just take it as the $800 is like buying a peace of mind and knowing that your baby is ok in terms of sex chromosomes.

$300 plus, if you schedule your gynae appointment close to the scan date. They can waive off the $100 consultation fees at the AMC.

they dont have dr appointment for me on the same date but on the same week, does it consider?

Hi Ladies,

Can I check with anyone of you, how long is the entire process of IVF (for normal protocol)? (i.e., if I were to start in August 2018 with CD1 AF on 5th August 2018).
-How many days of stimulation (for normal process)?
-Does the injections starts on CD1/in between AF/after AF cleared?
-How frequent do you have to go to and fro the clinic for scans? Every alternate day etc.?

Thank you in advance ya :)

Back