Bird Nest.

hudaa

Hi mummies to be & mummies!

I've heard from my collegues regarding the benefit of drinking bird nest during pregnancy. However, I'm wondering whether is it safe? Any mummies drinking bird nest during your pregnancy?

Thanks

@hudaa Yes, I think it is safe because I ate bird nest during my 1st and 3rd trimesters to nourish my health, remove my serious morning sickness, and get rid of constipation. Instead of bird nest, I also drank chicken essence to intake high quality protein to boost vital energy because pregnant women are so easy to feel tired and sleepy....

I've heard from my collegues regarding the benefit of drinking bird nest during pregnancy. However, I'm wondering whether is it safe? Any mummies drinking bird nest during your pregnancy?

Thanks

I love bird nest. expensive but really nutritious. Sialic acid only exist in precious colostrum and bird nest.
It's safe an warm. I have it during pregnancy and confinement with chicken essence.

Yes I drank throughout my whole pregnancy, I increased dosage for 2nd and third trimester as baby is stabilised already. Now I'm breastfeeding at 8 months I'm still drinking since. Addicted Liao haah. Expensive but can afford lah.

Thanks

Have been surfing the net for a bit. found this blog when I was searching for some apple cider vinegar. tells us how to select the better quality bird's nests from the ones that are sold in the market. quite informative even though i disagree with the ranking that Vietnamese Birds nest is first. personally tried the indonesian birds nest and i think its pretty top notch!

Last edited:
I read up many articles and sharing online that 1st trimester not to eat bird nest. I am also not sure if it was the bottle bird nest that cause my wifey MC last year between 5-6weeks. Now i am confused again :confused:

I read up many articles and sharing online that 1st trimester not to eat bird nest. I am also not sure if it was the bottle bird nest that cause my wifey MC last year between 5-6weeks. Now i am confused again :confused:

Yup thats right. its better not to consume any birds nest in the first trimester of the pregnancy as the fetus is not fully developed yet. and even if you do eat bird's nest during the pregnancy, consume in moderation.

especially for the red bird's nest. even though they think its more "premium" than the normal bird's nest, its best not cannot eat too much of that no matter what your parents or grandparents tell you cause of the excessive mineral content.

but whether eating birds nest is the cause of your wife's MC, that i cant say for sure.. maybe there are other factors like stress from work?

Yup thats right. its better not to consume any birds nest in the first trimester of the pregnancy as the fetus is not fully developed yet. and even if you do eat bird's nest during the pregnancy, consume in moderation.

especially for the red bird's nest. even though they think its more "premium" than the normal bird's nest, its best not cannot eat too much of that no matter what your parents or grandparents tell you cause of the excessive mineral content.

but whether eating birds nest is the cause of your wife's MC, that i cant say for sure.. maybe there are other factors like stress from work?

Ya i guess it is just her weak constitution unable to hold the egg. After that we had TCM consultation and found out her hormones imbalance. I do not think it is the birdnest too, as it is the non-concentrated one from EYS. After that we will get birdnest 2nd trimester onwards then

hie peeps,

heard that bird's nest can give baby a fair and better complexion.. if u r expecting baby girl, it give u an extra reason to reach to it..

however, my gynae advised us to avoid.. some companies use bleach to remove impurities from raw bird's nest before processing them..

hie peeps,

heard that bird's nest can give baby a fair and better complexion.. if u r expecting baby girl, it give u an extra reason to reach to it..

however, my gynae advised us to avoid.. some companies use bleach to remove impurities from raw bird's nest before processing them..

Ya i heard of that too. Maybe more reputable shops will be better? instead of getting from unknown source.

I think its better for you to know how to choose your birds nest instead of relying on the brand. no doubt brandign is important, but sometimes the brands can be a facade for the actual product youre getting. so i think its better for you rely on yourself to choose the better ones

Last edited:
hi lara,

i agree with you that branding can potentially be a facade for the actual product. Most importantly is to speak to the producers and know their values etc

I have previously learn about bird's nest from a couple of reputable producers. With regards to the content of the article u shared, I would put it in a nice way - some information in that article differed from what i have actually learn from the producers.

I think its better for you to know how to choose your birds nest instead of relying on the brand. no doubt brandign is important, but sometimes the brands can be a facade for the actual product youre getting. so i think its better for you rely on yourself to choose the better ones

hi lara,

i agree with you that branding can potentially be a facade for the actual product. Most importantly is to speak to the producers and know their values etc

I have previously learn about bird's nest from a couple of reputable producers. With regards to the content of the article u shared, I would put it in a nice way - some information in that article differed from what i have actually learn from the producers.

oh really!? This was just one of the articles i referred to and some of the info tallies with what the other websites are saying too! maybe your producer has better knowledge / sources of info ? and whats the info that differs? i think it'll be good to share with everyone here

With the goal of providing customers with the best quality bird's nest products, we are committed to all bird's nest products of Thuan Sao Company Thuan Thuan Viet completely pure, no chemicals, no mix Mixing impurities, not bleaching in the preliminary processing.

Is dos boiled bird nest or bottle bird nest oso can?
Best if you cook yourself as there will be no preservatives. I get my stock from this lady in sengkang. She get it from Indonesia directly so it’s cheaper than tcm retail shops. If you want the contact can pm me.

Back