SGH or KKH

Lady Solitude

Hello ladies.
I am very new and lost.. BUT hopeful that the wonderful ladies here could enlighten me on what i should do first to kickstart the process.
I appreciate your kind ladies suggestions or even share same experiences on what i should do next.
Which hosp should i go? SGH? KKH? Do we just walk in to seek opinion on which procedure works the best for us? Or do we have to call in advance to make appt? Should i consider iui or ivf. Do we make the decisions or the prof gynae will propose?

Thank you so much :)

(FYI. We are married for 7 yrs, both 36yo. We had our fair share of tries naturally, diligently following and looking up remedy and vitamins suggestions and religiously taking them. We hooked up with 2 different gynaes over the years but all we were prescribed was clomid (from both gynae) with no progression. We were tested normal and aft every -ve results from the clomid intake all we had was upteen coaxs from both gynae to try naturally (as we still have lots of time) and trust our creator. No other tests done.)

Hello ladies.
I am very new and lost.. BUT hopeful that the wonderful ladies here could enlighten me on what i should do first to kickstart the process.
I appreciate your kind ladies suggestions or even share same experiences on what i should do next.
Which hosp should i go? SGH? KKH? Do we just walk in to seek opinion on which procedure works the best for us? Or do we have to call in advance to make appt? Should i consider iui or ivf. Do we make the decisions or the prof gynae will propose?

Thank you so much :)

(FYI. We are married for 7 yrs, both 36yo. We had our fair share of tries naturally, diligently following and looking up remedy and vitamins suggestions and religiously taking them. We hooked up with 2 different gynaes over the years but all we were prescribed was clomid (from both gynae) with no progression. We were tested normal and aft every -ve results from the clomid intake all we had was upteen coaxs from both gynae to try naturally (as we still have lots of time) and trust our creator. No other tests done.)

Sounds like my case. My gynae kept saying to try naturally but after a few years, we cannot stand it anymore. We did our IVF in 2015 and I gave birth in 2016. Sometimes, we just got to take things into our own hands. I love my gynae but I went to a different one for my IVFs. Now I'm doing another cycle cos I want a no 2.

You can go to SGH/KKH/NUH if you want to enjoy the co-funding. Is there any particular Dr that you want to see? You must make a call in advance to book. Tell them you are trying for a baby and wants to see a fertility expert. The Dr would ask you for your full medical history, run some tests and advise you if IUI or IVF is better. The wait for IVF is normally a couple of months, depending on the hospital and popularity of the Dr. Normally, the IVF Dr will give you suggestions but you make the ultimate decision. :) Go with a Dr you are comfortable with.

My first IVF was with RH and my second one is with NUH. I chose NUH cos the scans are done by the IVF Drs and not the sonographers.

Sounds like my case. My gynae kept saying to try naturally but after a few years, we cannot stand it anymore. We did our IVF in 2015 and I gave birth in 2016. Sometimes, we just got to take things into our own hands. I love my gynae but I went to a different one for my IVFs. Now I'm doing another cycle cos I want a no 2.

You can go to SGH/KKH/NUH if you want to enjoy the co-funding. Is there any particular Dr that you want to see? You must make a call in advance to book. Tell them you are trying for a baby and wants to see a fertility expert. The Dr would ask you for your full medical history, run some tests and advise you if IUI or IVF is better. The wait for IVF is normally a couple of months, depending on the hospital and popularity of the Dr. Normally, the IVF Dr will give you suggestions but you make the ultimate decision. :) Go with a Dr you are comfortable with.

My first IVF was with RH and my second one is with NUH. I chose NUH cos the scans are done by the IVF Drs and not the sonographers.

Hi dear.. Thanks for the kind reply. :)

Its been sometime me and DH sat on the issue.. And its about time we get something done rather than wait.. Like u said, we got to start taking things in our hand.. Especially when the biological body clock ticks away all the youth and strength as day pass by. :(
I would definitely want to make use of the co-funding but theres no specific doctor i have in mind... yet. I was reading through the forum to absorb as much as i can and i saw many mentioning Dr.Yu from SGH and Dr.Sadhana from KKH if i got them right. Didnt really focus on NUH as its way too far from office and home. But it seems that its more personalised there from what u mentioned.? Which gynae u seeing in NUH btw.?

Is there much diff in costs if i get a referral from the polyclinic instead of calling the hospital clinic direct? Is there any dr you would reccommend there in NUH? How much estimated do we have to pay upfront before they deduct from the co-funding and medisave?

I am still reading around the forum to shortlist the popular and interactive doctor before we kickstart further.

Thanks so much dear.

Its been sometime me and DH sat on the issue.. And its about time we get something done rather than wait.. Like u said, we got to start taking things in our hand.. Especially when the biological body clock ticks away all the youth and strength as day pass by. :(
I would definitely want to make use of the co-funding but theres no specific doctor i have in mind... yet. I was reading through the forum to absorb as much as i can and i saw many mentioning Dr.Yu from SGH and Dr.Sadhana from KKH if i got them right. Didnt really focus on NUH as its way too far from office and home. But it seems that its more personalised there from what u mentioned.? Which gynae u seeing in NUH btw.?

Is there much diff in costs if i get a referral from the polyclinic instead of calling the hospital clinic direct? Is there any dr you would reccommend there in NUH? How much estimated do we have to pay upfront before they deduct from the co-funding and medisave?

I am still reading around the forum to shortlist the popular and interactive doctor before we kickstart further.

Thanks so much dear.

For public hospitals below are the more popular gynaes :

SGH
Dr Yu

KKH
Dr Tan HH
Dr Sadhana

NUH
Prof Wong

For me, I'm seeing Dr Shakina Rauff from NUH. I absolutely love how cheerful she is. :) I feel that waiting time would be cut down if scans are done by the Dr. For KKH and SGH, you'd have to queue for scans and then queue to see Dr.

If you get a referral from Polyclinic then you will be a subsidised patient which would mean that you don't have a specific Dr assigned to you. You may be seeing different Drs during your IVF. Of course it will cost lesser.

Pricewise I think it depends on the protocol you are on and the dosage of medicine.
For my last one I think I topped up about 1+k without doing an embryo transfer.
I think normally the total cost should be around 10 to 14k for public hospitals. Normally, when you book a slot, you'll have to go for counselling and they will advise you on the cost etc.

Last edited:
For public hospitals below are the more popular gynaes :

SGH
Dr Yu

KKH
Dr Tan HH
Dr Sadhana

NUH
Prof Wong

For me, I'm seeing Dr Shakina Rauff from NUH. I absolutely love how cheerful she is. :) I feel that waiting time would be cut down if scans are done by the Dr. For KKH and SGH, you'd have to queue for scans and then queue to see Dr.

If you get a referral from Polyclinic then you will be a subsidised patient which would mean that you don't have a specific Dr assigned to you. You may be seeing different Drs during your IVF. Of course it will cost lesser.

Pricewise I think it depends on the protocol your are on and the dosage of medicine.
For my last one I think I topped up about 1+k without doing an embryo transfer.
I think normally the total cost should be around 10 to 14k for public hospitals. Normally, when you book a slot, you'll have to go for counselling and they will advise you on the cost etc.

Thank you soooo much for the clarifications. I will make up my mind and get started soon. Really appreciates. Thank you. :):):)

Thank you soooo much for the clarifications. I will make up my mind and get started soon. Really appreciates. Thank you. :):):)

You are most welcome! Hope your dream to be a mummy will come true soon. All the best!

Fyi, there is an awesome ivf/icsi support group in this forum under the 'matters of the heart'. The ladies there are v helpful, encouraging and have lots of knowledge. :)

You are most welcome! Hope your dream to be a mummy will come true soon. All the best!

Fyi, there is an awesome ivf/icsi support group in this forum under the 'matters of the heart'. The ladies there are v helpful, encouraging and have lots of knowledge. :)

Thanks so much for the well wishes. Same to you too for this no2 cycle. Jiayo!! ;);)

Hi ladies

I am new too here.
Apparently, I chose Dr Sadhana from KK as i have seen her name everywhere on any IVF articles that i googled online. :)

I have gone for my HSG test and DH has gone for his semen analysis after the our 1st visit.
During our 2nd visit, we got the result from Dr Sadhana and was told that i am normal and ovulating. (Thank god!)
However, as for DH, the sperm count was very very low. DH required to go for the second semen analysis as advised.
On our 3rd visit, good news that DH semen test actually got better, but still not 'powerful' enough to conceive naturally. (So now, i get it, i have been married for 5 years and we have been trying ever since)
We were told to go for IVF in 2 months time from now and we are in the midst of waiting for the IVF dept to call for an appointment. Anyways, Dr Sadhana is really nice and i must say that i am very comfortable with her.
We are mentally ready for this process and i have been doing a lot of readings about IVF lately too. (that's when i came across this informative forum).

Just curious if there is anyone else out there who have consulted with Dr Sadhana as well?

Hi ladies

I am new too here.
Apparently, I chose Dr Sadhana from KK as i have seen her name everywhere on any IVF articles that i googled online. :)

I have gone for my HSG test and DH has gone for his semen analysis after the our 1st visit.
During our 2nd visit, we got the result from Dr Sadhana and was told that i am normal and ovulating. (Thank god!)
However, as for DH, the sperm count was very very low. DH required to go for the second semen analysis as advised.
On our 3rd visit, good news that DH semen test actually got better, but still not 'powerful' enough to conceive naturally. (So now, i get it, i have been married for 5 years and we have been trying ever since)
We were told to go for IVF in 2 months time from now and we are in the midst of waiting for the IVF dept to call for an appointment. Anyways, Dr Sadhana is really nice and i must say that i am very comfortable with her.
We are mentally ready for this process and i have been doing a lot of readings about IVF lately too. (that's when i came across this informative forum).

Just curious if there is anyone else out there who have consulted with Dr Sadhana as well?
Hi.. All the best for your upcoming ivf. Do go to the ivf/icsi support group thread under matters of the heart. There's a lot of people there and some are doing ivf at kkh too.

Thanks so much dear.

Hello,

Ultimately once you start IVF, you will be a private patient. However, going through the polyclinic/subsidised route allows you to get discount on some of the investigations like HSG etc.

I went through the subsidised route and my doctor remains the same throughout my treatment, although you can't choose the doctor. Once I started IVF, I became a private patient and could change doctor if I want to but of cos, I have to queue to see the doctor again. FYI. :)

Hi ladies

I am new too here.

Hi ayuni jailani, i am also with dr sadhana.

Hi all
I am new to this forum.
Was trying to conceive for the past 2yrs and there is no news till today.
Would like to check if I can go any of the polyclinic to get the referral letter?
The nearest one would be cck polyclinic.

Thanks all for the information shared.

Hi ladies

I am new too here.

Hi Ayuni & All ladies out there :)

My name is Hana & i am 29 yrs old. I have been trying to conceive naturally for the last 3 yrs and had not done body check up yet.

Ayuni, if u dont mind can u share how much it cost throughout your visits with Dr Sadhana. And what other test that hubby & me to go through to know whether we r fertile. TIA :)

Hi all
I am new to this forum.
Was trying to conceive for the past 2yrs and there is no news till today.
Would like to check if I can go any of the polyclinic to get the referral letter?
The nearest one would be cck polyclinic.

Thanks all for the information shared.

Hi Michelle,

Im Hana & am new here as well. I am 29 yrs old & had been trying to conceive for e past 3 yrs.

U may visit the polyclinic & inform the docter that u need a referral letter to hospital for fertility issue.

They will book a slot for you & with the referral letter from polyclinic, the cost will be cheaper compared to walk in to hospital.

But u can't choose which docter that will be attending to you.

Do update here what is your next step and we can share our experiences here :)

As for me, I really need a female docter throughout the whole process so I am waiting for updates on how much will it cost me to visit Dr Sadhana from KKH.

And after knowing the cost only then i will decide..

Take care All ladies :)

Hi

New here. Appreciate some advise.

I'm thinking of doing the fertility test but still contemplating whether to go private such as TMC / Raffles medical or govt hospital (SGH/NUH/KKH). & whether to get referral or just booked online directly.

What are the considerations? Costing? waiting time? Recommendations?

We are in the late-30s. conceived last year after 6 months but had to undergo a D & C. Its has been 4 months post D & C. Though it'll be easier after that, & despite being more "hardworking"- there is no good news.... & i'm 38. not much time to mess around...

Appreciate all information shared. thanks!

Hi

New here. Appreciate some advise.

I'm thinking of doing the fertility test but still contemplating whether to go private such as TMC / Raffles medical or govt hospital (SGH/NUH/KKH). & whether to get referral or just booked online directly.

What are the considerations? Costing? waiting time? Recommendations?

We are in the late-30s. conceived last year after 6 months but had to undergo a D & C. Its has been 4 months post D & C. Though it'll be easier after that, & despite being more "hardworking"- there is no good news.... & i'm 38. not much time to mess around...

Appreciate all information shared. thanks!

Hii..

IVF at private hospitals normally will cost more but you get what you paid for. The waiting time for each appointments would generally be shorter and for most private hospitals, the scans will be done by the IVF doctors and you do not need to go to the pharmacy and queue up for medication. Basically, it's faster and more personalized.

IVF at public hospitals will cost lesser but waiting time tend to be longer. For SOME public hospitals, the scans are done by the sonographers and not the doctors so you may have to schedule different appointments for the sonographer and doctor eg. you see the sonographer at 8.30am and queue for scan and then later have to wait again for your doctor. For NUH, scans are done by doctors though. For public hospitals, you will have to queue at the pharmacy for certain medications and thus more waiting time.

I've done IVF at both private (RH) and public (NUH). I appreciated the time I saved at the private hospital but I do feel that the public hospital is just as good if you don't mind the waiting time. In fact, if you are a private patient at a public hospital (without subsidies), then the waiting time may be shorter than a subsidised patient. Furthermore, public hospitals may have more resources. Plus, if you are local, you can make use of co-funding thus no need to fork out so much cash.

Hello,
I am new to this forum. Would like to ask how much does it cost as a private patient for IVF in KKH.
We are both Singapore couple, so i assume we will receive $6000 co-funding for govt hospital. medisave $6,300.
Approximately how much cash are we expected to fork out from initial consultation up to IVF procedure completed?

Hi all. Can I ask anyone seen Dr Tan HH and SF Loh? How do u find Dr Tan HH and Dr SF Loh?

I'm currently at kkh with Dr Mahesh. I find him so-so and got a recommendation for Dr Tan HH. I also understand from my friend who used to work in KKH that SF Loh is good (btw, any idea where is he now?).

The thing is; I'm currently a subsidized patient at KKH (with mahesh). Anyway that I can change to Dr Tan HH (@ KKH) and still remain under the subsidized group? Already spent a lot of money on this ttc journey so trying to save as much as possible..☹

Hello,
I am new to this forum. Would like to ask how much does it cost as a private patient for IVF in KKH.
We are both Singapore couple, so i assume we will receive $6000 co-funding for govt hospital. medisave $6,300.
Approximately how much cash are we expected to fork out from initial consultation up to IVF procedure completed?

Co-funding will be increased to $7,700 in April for the first 3 fresh IVF. From Medisave it’s $6000 for first try (IVF/IUI), $5000 for 2nd and $4000 for subsequent tries. There is a cap on the total amount you can use from Medisave but I cannot remember how much it is.

https://www.heybaby.sg/having-and-r...care-of-your-medical-needs/co-funding-for-art

Hi,

Just to check with you guys, for ivf, it will be as private patient. So even as private patient in government hospital (kkh,nuh,sgh), you will be able to receive the co funding from government of $7500 for first try?

How do you make your 1st appointment?

Hi,

Just to check with you guys, for ivf, it will be as private patient. So even as private patient in government hospital (kkh,nuh,sgh), you will be able to receive the co funding from government of $7500 for first try?

How do you make your 1st appointment?

Based on what I know you will still receive the co-funding from govt even if you are a private patient, as long as your first IVF/IUI is in a government hospital (I chose the private route as you'll have a fixed gynae/infertility specialist throughout your journey until you're pregnant and "graduated") --> Provided your gynae does not go on leave

For me I went to the hospital's website under the IVF page there are numbers/emails for your reference... Hope this helps.

Hi
Hii..

IVF at private hospitals normally will cost more but you get what you paid for. The waiting time for each appointments would generally be shorter and for most private hospitals, the scans will be done by the IVF doctors and you do not need to go to the pharmacy and queue up for medication. Basically, it's faster and more personalized.

IVF at public hospitals will cost lesser but waiting time tend to be longer. For SOME public hospitals, the scans are done by the sonographers and not the doctors so you may have to schedule different appointments for the sonographer and doctor eg. you see the sonographer at 8.30am and queue for scan and then later have to wait again for your doctor. For NUH, scans are done by doctors though. For public hospitals, you will have to queue at the pharmacy for certain medications and thus more waiting time.

I've done IVF at both private (RH) and public (NUH). I appreciated the time I saved at the private hospital but I do feel that the public hospital is just as good if you don't mind the waiting time. In fact, if you are a private patient at a public hospital (without subsidies), then the waiting time may be shorter than a subsidised patient. Furthermore, public hospitals may have more resources. Plus, if you are local, you can make use of co-funding thus no need to fork out so much cash.
Hihi, I am trying to conceive for a year and I am diagnosed with PCOS. Went to Dr Rolands clinic for ovulation induction and one cycle of iui. Private cost can be quite high. Just checking if I were to go NUh as private patient for iui or I feel. Do you all know the total cash to fort out?

Back