Long or Short Protocol???

Hi ladies... would like to gather some feedback.
I’ve Low AMH and is a Poor Responder for IVF.
Which type of protocol would you recommend? Long or Short?
TIA

your doc will recommend. seems like long protocol but they may have other factors to consider too

your doc will recommend. seems like long protocol but they may have other factors to consider too
Thanks for the reply. But may I know why it seems like Long protocol? Based on experience?

Hi hi, sorry I prob shouldn't have said long (there are many variations) since I don't know yr details or age, not doc.heh ...

I remember reading if poor responder, need to tweak the protocol and prepare the body. saw a medical research that showed not much difference in either protocol (link below), not long but long micro-dose protocol.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25860674/

use of lupron is not recommended on older women.

Dr Sher's blog has alot of info too.

Hi hi, sorry I prob shouldn't have said long (there are many variations) since I don't know yr details or age, not doc.heh ...

I remember reading if poor responder, need to tweak the protocol and prepare the body. saw a medical research that showed not much difference in either protocol (link below), not long but long micro-dose protocol.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25860674/

use of lupron is not recommended on older women.

Dr Sher's blog has alot of info too.

Hi... thanks for the reply.
Am 36yo w Amh of 0.8.
Did Long protocol previously at 33yo w Amh 2.1, has only 1 embryo. But was good enough. Delivered when I was 34.
Now trying for No. 2.

@HappyGoh23

Wow, your story for No.1 is inspiring. Just need one good embryo. was it a day 3 fresh transfer?

Good luck for this round! Hope u will be successful :)

Hi... thanks for the reply.
Am 36yo w Amh of 0.8.
Did Long protocol previously at 33yo w Amh 2.1, has only 1 embryo. But was good enough. Delivered when I was 34.
Now trying for No. 2.

Hi, I have an AMH of 0.4 at 32yo, did another bloodworks again at 33yo, it’s still 0.4
However, I managed to get 6 good size follicles during short protocol, 4 retrieved 2 empty. Subsequently 3 matured & make it to frozen at Day 3 while 1 was immature (didn’t make it for fertilization).

Hi, I have an AMH of 0.4 at 32yo, did another bloodworks again at 33yo, it’s still 0.4
However, I managed to get 6 good size follicles during short protocol, 4 retrieved 2 empty. Subsequently 3 matured & make it to frozen at Day 3 while 1 was immature (didn’t make it for fertilization).

Hi, may i know ur amh unit is ng/ml or pmol/l.

Did you manage to conceive through the IVF?

Back