Want review : philips air fryer

jungle

Hi mummies
I'm considering to get one. Before that I would love to have some feedback on the pro and con on this appliance.
Any reviews would be appreciated.

I feel that it works similar to toaster/ oven. The only pro is if you have a kid who is keen on messing around in the kitchen.. Then the air fryer is good, safety wise.

Personally, for me, initially, I thought it was a very useful gadget and it's healthier than deep frying.. But cleaning is nightmare! It is not true that it does not use oil. If you are cook using fresh ingredients, you'll still need oil. The "no need to use oil" is just for processed food like nuggets, chicken rolls, etc. Fries somehow don't taste good with air fryer.

It also that a longer time to cook. Not good if you have a big family, as the quantity of food you can cook each time is limited. Electricity consumption wise, I think it is more expensive, compared to using toaster,/ oven or gas.

Over time, I realised we can "mimic" the technology and "air fry" processed food in the toaster/ oven. Cleaning after that is so much fuss free. My air fryer is now a white elephant at home. :(

Hi lovebear
Thank you for your valuable input. Understand that there are different capacity, is it taking up space ? When you are using it, is it giving out lots of smell ?
With your review, I guess why there are quite a few selling off their air fryer.

I got the 800g capacity one and it takes up quite a bit of space on the kitchen tabletop.

Yes, I "air fry" fish tried a twice.. First time, stupidly just put into the net.. The fish skin stick like h*ll and the texture was very dry! Second time, I used a few layers of baking sheets and oil the fish and it turned out better. But again the cleaning is a nightmare. And yes, there will be smell when cooking and I find that after cooking fish, it smells fishy. Don't close the lid after frying fish and air it for a few days before using again.

I got the 800g capacity one and it takes up quite a bit of space on the kitchen tabletop.

Yes, I "air fry" fish tried a twice.. First time, stupidly just put into the net.. The fish skin stick like h*ll and the texture was very dry! Second time, I used a few layers of baking sheets and oil the fish and it turned out better. But again the cleaning is a nightmare. And yes, there will be smell when cooking and I find that after cooking fish, it smells fishy. Don't close the lid after frying fish and air it for a few days before using again.

How bad is the cleaning? I'm very tempted to get one after seeing how it can make cake n bread and even roast pork. But if that is one one sided affair then I rather not die over the cleaning part man.

Also, does it take very long to cook?

Hi I have one philips airfryer. Selling at 190nett. Only used 2 to 3 times. Bought for my mum but she didn't used it. If u r interested, please sms me at 90697093.

How bad is the cleaning? I'm very tempted to get one after seeing how it can make cake n bread and even roast pork. But if that is one one sided affair then I rather not die over the cleaning part man.

Also, does it take very long to cook?

Just lay the baking paper before air fry will save the cleaning hassle...so far we do that..not that bad. and you can just use brush to wipe some oil for fry fish or others thing when u think the food is very dry after cook.

Thanks all for the input. I saw this brand Buffalo in takashimaya. Its everything in 1 that imm amazed. Rice cooker ( plus all the functions

Thanks for all the input.

Anyone heard Buffalo brand? Saw in taka.
A rice cooker with all the high functions u can find in high end rice cooker, bake, steam, etc and FRY!

Very tempted to buy ;s

Took a look at the air fryer at courts. Can check with mummies here how to clean the fan at the top? Food will get stuck there?

What I did was to put aluminum foil at the bottom to let oil drip down, I love the air fryer esp for chicken wings n fish the oil drips down making it more healthy yet food is stil juicy
Thanks

What I did was to put aluminum foil at the bottom to let oil drip down, I love the air fryer esp for chicken wings n fish the oil drips down making it more healthy yet food is stil juicy
Thanks

Hi, u mean under the wire basket and on top of the "X" shape protruding mould at the bottom of the tray? Or over the wire mesh?

If use baking paper or alum foil to collect oil, wouldn't the air circulation be blocked?

Yes aluminum foil below the mesh wire tat means the bottom where the oil drips, yes it's true the air got slightly block but stil ok can use like tat not so much washing and use a smaller piece of foil

Yes aluminum foil below the mesh wire tat means the bottom where the oil drips, yes it's true the air got slightly block but stil ok can use like tat not so much washing and use a smaller piece of foil

Thanks for the reply, I get what u mean le :)

Then the top with the wire coils and fan how to clean ah?

Haha actually I didn't know about the top part before I only clean the pull out parts , mayb on top jus hot towel and clean?

Heheh, i see... Btw which model of the air fryer are u using? Seems like the new XL only bigger and not like cook faster or what.

Oh ya, soak in hot water in gd idea. If not have to scrub very hard. Did u encounter small pieces of food fly up and caught inside the fan on top? I hear like ikan billis or pork floss will fly up when the wind blow, haha

Hi,

I like to share some tips here which actually make the air fryer a better tools.

1. For frozen food, it is best to constantly shake it (at least 5 shakes). Really makes a huge different.
2. For fresh fish, tofu etc, you need to lightly pan fry first.
3. If the food get stuck on the basket, just soak in hot water.

Its a breeze and a useful tool for me. Many times, its how we use the tool that makes the different.

Cheers

does anyone here familiar with the philips air fryer?? i was willing to buy phillips air fryer please if someone has an experience with it tell me is it really worth it?? how much power usage it requires?? will it consume lots of energy? and does the fired products i.e. french fries taste good??

I am using the Eblusmart air fryer now, I use it to cook beef, cook chicken and french fries, I think it tastes great!

Back