IVF April 2018

Hi, today is my 7 days after ET and I am feeling some tingling sensation on left side of my womb area. Anyone have such symptom before?

Hi, does anyone feels itchy, redness and smells after using crinone? Was wonder is it allergy or yeast infection?

Hi ladies
Turned out I had biochemical pregnancy too. my HCG went down and just finished AF.... sigh. Was so hopeful cos the home test kit turned positive really fast.

You can PM me if u have some questions abt private. I do think there are some difference, from conversations.

Hi ladies
Turned out I had biochemical pregnancy too. my HCG went down and just finished AF.... sigh. Was so hopeful cos the home test kit turned positive really fast.

You can PM me if u have some questions abt private. I do think there are some difference, from conversations.

What was your HCG level?

Not yet check before for the both of us, most likely by end of this yr. hopefully i can try to do ivf straight way. Been trying for 5 yrs now, its very tiring and heartbreaking. The moment I come menses every mth

Hi, if either of u haven't been checked yet, I think most doc will run the fertility tests cos u may not need IVF. Sometimes it could be something easily correctable. Good luck !

Hi ladies

So sorry to hear that, grumpet. Keep trying.

Would like to know about ectopic preg too. My hcg level is very low and doc is worried i might have cuz i have bleeding issue.

Would like to know about ectopic preg too. My hcg level is very low and doc is worried i might have cuz i have bleeding issue.
Have they scan yet?? My ectopic case :- had positive poas but bleeding.. then gynea cant find sac in womb.. stabilize bleeding first with progesterone so can scan properly.. then found in fallopian tube. Had to do surgery..

If you only have one frozen embie, would you still go for fEt or do another fresh? First fresh cycle failed...with one frozen embie...what if it doesn't survive the thaw?

If you only have one frozen embie, would you still go for fEt or do another fresh? First fresh cycle failed...with one frozen embie...what if it doesn't survive the thaw?
I think is still up to you. For me, I feels fresh cycle take too much toll on my body so i skip the fresh cycle. I think Mind and body feels good important.

Any ladies using estrogel?

I’ve a tube to give away, just opened and used 2x but not using anymore.

By mail only, to pay for postage. PM if you need it

Hi, is it true that once you embarked on IVF, you are considered as private patient? In that case, you can choose your own doctor? Does the cofund of $7700 and medisave $6000, total $13700 applicable if you are a private patient in government hospital? Cause the amount of cofund $7.7k only for government hospital?

Hi, is it true that once you embarked on IVF, you are considered as private patient? In that case, you can choose your own doctor? Does the cofund of $7700 and medisave $6000, total $13700 applicable if you are a private patient in government hospital? Cause the amount of cofund $7.7k only for government hospital?

If u went through polyclinic route, then you’re considered subsidised patient, hence cannot choose doctor.

The pre ivf blood tests and investigations etc, will be under subsidised rates.

However once u start the IVF proper, eg injection, scans and all, those will be the same rates as pte patient if I’m not wrong. So that’s why people say once on IVF journey, you’re considered pte patient, but it’s not really true cos there’s still some differences.

One of the differences is, you won’t have to pay GST for the medication such as crinone gel (this is what I learnt from NUH CHR, hence not sure if other Govt Hospitals are also the same). Not sure if scans and doctor fees still need to pay GST or not. As for the procedure for oocyte retrieval/ embryo transfer and room rate, I’m also not sure if got subsidised rate. Best to check with the hospital for more details

The Govt co fund and Medisave should be the same for pte or subsidised patient in the Govt hospital

Another difference is, as a subsidised patient, u will be attended to by different doctor each time. The doctor who does the procedure for u may also be different.

In the event that u wish to choose a particular doctor for your entire IVF journey, then u will auto become a real pte patient, and u cannot downgrade unless u go through social worker means testing and all those troublesome procedure. You also cannot go back to polyclinic to be a subsidised patient for IVF/ gynae related matters again within 1 yr.

PS: above is based on my best knowledge and experience. For better understanding, still best to check with your respective hospital for the fullest details :)

Last edited:
Have they scan yet?? My ectopic case :- had positive poas but bleeding.. then gynea cant find sac in womb.. stabilize bleeding first with progesterone so can scan properly.. then found in fallopian tube. Had to do surgery..

Did doctor gave you any medicine?

Hi ladies, I’m new to this forum! I know this thread seems to be dedicated to ppl doing their ivf in April, hows everything for u girls?

I’m with kkh at the moment and gynae said I can only start my ivf in July. Any idea what’s with the wait? Did u girls waited this long from ur first consult with gynae til ur ivf date?

TIA:)

Hi ladies, I’m new to this forum! I know this thread seems to be dedicated to ppl doing their ivf in April, hows everything for u girls?

I’m with kkh at the moment and gynae said I can only start my ivf in July. Any idea what’s with the wait? Did u girls waited this long from ur first consult with gynae til ur ivf date?

TIA:)

Usual waiting period for IVF in KKH is 3 months. It's pretty standard. Meanwhile, have all the brazil nuts, eggs, red bean soup, folic acid to prepare your body! :)

If u went through polyclinic route, then you’re considered subsidised patient, hence cannot choose doctor.

However once u start the IVF proper, eg injection, scans and all, those will be the same rates as pte patient if I’m not wrong. So that’s why people say once on IVF journey, you’re considered pte patient, but it’s not really true cos there’s still some differences.

One of the differences is, you won’t have to pay GST for the medication such as crinone gel (this is what I learnt from NUH CHR, hence not sure if other Govt Hospitals are also the same). Not sure if scans and doctor fees still need to pay GST or not. As for the procedure for oocyte retrieval/ embryo transfer and room rate, I’m also not sure if got subsidised rate. Best to check with the hospital for more details

The Govt co fund and Medisave should be the same for pte or subsidised patient in the Govt hospital

Another difference is, as a subsidised patient, u will be attended to by different doctor each time. The doctor who does the procedure for u may also be different.

In the event that u wish to choose a particular doctor for your entire IVF journey, then u will auto become a real pte patient, and u cannot downgrade unless u go through social worker means testing and all those troublesome procedure. You also cannot go back to polyclinic to be a subsidised patient for IVF/ gynae related matters again within 1 yr.

PS: above is based on my best knowledge and experience. For better understanding, still best to check with your respective hospital for the fullest details :)

I am subsidized and just completed my IVF cycle. Once you start IVF in KKH, you're a private patient. You still need to pay GST for your medications.

Even if you choose your own doctor and go private-private, it still may not be the doctor doing your procedures and meeting you for your consultations.

I am subsidized and just completed my IVF cycle. Once you start IVF in KKH, you're a private patient. You still need to pay GST for your medications.

Even if you choose your own doctor and go private-private, it still may not be the doctor doing your procedures and meeting you for your consultations.

What I quoted was in NUH, pte patients in nuh will see the doctor they chose for all the consultations and procedures unless the doctor is not around.

Subsidised patients do not need to pay GST

So looks like NUH and kkh have quite a fair bit of differences

Thank you for the information!!

Really?? Then what is the use of choosing a doctor?

Any idea how recent the report may be? Cause currently i am under private gynae. And i do have hsg done earlier in Feb 2018 Amh test done in feb 2018. Day 3 LH, FSH, E2, thyroid done on april 2018.

So if i call kkh hotline and ask for a specific doctor, i thought that the doctor will see me for consultation and etc?

Usually what test, ultrasound scan to be done prior to doctor giving the clearance for IVF?

Anyone can share the entire IVF process with me? Like which day we will need to go for ultrasound scan and will it all be covered under govt cofund and medisave? Do we have to pay anything first for the medication and ultrasound scan when we see the doctor? Or it is on a reimbursement type? Cause i am doing it without letting my boss know, may i know how many days do we need to go back for scans and which day will be unfit for work. Noted that after embryo implantation, usually 2weeks of hospitalisation leave will be given? Any reason? Will there be risk if i just take leave to rest like 2 days after the procedure and go back to work? For retrieval, do we also need to rest for a certain number of days?

For those injections that we need to do ourselves, does it have to be kept in a fridge? Cause i am currently living with my parent in law and i do not wish to let them know too.

Sorry for so many questions! Thanks everyone!

What I quoted was in NUH, pte patients in nuh will see the doctor they chose for all the consultations and procedures unless the doctor is not around.

Subsidised patients do not need to pay GST

So looks like NUH and kkh have quite a fair bit of differences

No wonder they say KKH is more expensive for IVF, it is true.

Any idea how recent the report may be? Cause currently i am under private gynae. And i do have hsg done earlier in Feb 2018 Amh test done in feb 2018. Day 3 LH, FSH, E2, thyroid done on april 2018.

So if i call kkh hotline and ask for a specific doctor, i thought that the doctor will see me for consultation and etc?

Usually what test, ultrasound scan to be done prior to doctor giving the clearance for IVF?

Anyone can share the entire IVF process with me? Like which day we will need to go for ultrasound scan and will it all be covered under govt cofund and medisave? Do we have to pay anything first for the medication and ultrasound scan when we see the doctor? Or it is on a reimbursement type? Cause i am doing it without letting my boss know, may i know how many days do we need to go back for scans and which day will be unfit for work. Noted that after embryo implantation, usually 2weeks of hospitalisation leave will be given? Any reason? Will there be risk if i just take leave to rest like 2 days after the procedure and go back to work? For retrieval, do we also need to rest for a certain number of days?

For those injections that we need to do ourselves, does it have to be kept in a fridge? Cause i am currently living with my parent in law and i do not wish to let them know too.

Some "popular" doctors like Tan HH are too busy cos he has too many patients. Morning do procedures, afternoon see patients. In between got deliveries.. The good thing is he has an MO to assist him. So your file is still checked by him, and your IVF protocol is advised by him.

Your doctor will ask you to go through a series of checks to determine if you have infertility problems and if you may need help with ART. For my case, my doctor suggested SO-IUI first which I did but to no success. So I opted for IVF next and he gave the green light. The queue for IVF is 3 months so you have lots of time to prep your body before all the jabs.

There will be a series of ultrasound scans for your IVF. US scans happen in the morning and an MC is given. At least 3 scans in 14 days. From ER to blood test, you will be given 19-20 calendar days of HL.

It is not recommended to return to work because you will be sore from the retrieval and you want to have plenty of rest for your embryo to implant. You don't want the stress from work to prevent your embryo from implanting.

But if you do iui at private hospital, then do ivf at public hospital, the ivf will be cofund by government right?

As long as my 1st IVF is done in public hospital, i will be eligible for government cofunding?

Thanks!

Hi ladies

Did you transfer day 3 or day 5 embryo/blastocyst? Did you do PGS?

Yes I am really blessed! No I didn’t get any bed rest. Only took the day of ET to rest and next day I went back to work haha. Dr said bedrest was not necessary and I guess it would have driven me nuts. Thankfully work was a good distraction for me :)

Maybe you can check with your Dr on why this happened? Perhaps it was the lining that could have been not ideal for implantation. But I don’t think we will ever really know the reason :( Just have to keep trying..

Did you do day 3/day 5 transfer? Did u also do PGS?

Hi, it all depends on the protocol yr doc prescribed to u, it could varies slightly. I think I had 3 scans before ER. for ER definitely good to rest 1-2 days. then depends on which day is yr transfer, u shld take a few days off after that.

my doc was fairly flexible, leave it to me whether I want to go back to work. I stayed home 2 weeks but wasn't successful. for my next FET, I may just take 3-4 days off.

oh ya, yes u need to keep alot of the injectable in the fridge. I think u prob have to like make up some excuse or hide in big boxes of chocolate or something. will be quite hard for yr in laws not to notice.

Hi ladies, I was here earlier this year when I did my 1st round of IVF at KKH in April'18. Fast forward, I just had my BFP test today for my 2nd IVF done in July'18. Now, declared pregnant and a very lost sheep. Where do I go from here? Can I deliver elsewhere n not KKH? Am I suppose to tell Dr Sadhana this coming appt?

Hope everyone is well and good luck for those who are still trying! Hugs n kisses!

Congrats!! You will go for your first scan at week 6. From there Dr Sadhana will ask if you want to continue with your own gynae or stay with KKH. But you don’t have to decide yet, cos she will still see you at week 9 or 10 again. But you can opt out on your first appt. if you want to stay at KKH, she will transfer you to the O&G dept gynae :)

Congrats!! You will go for your first scan at week 6. From there Dr Sadhana will ask if you want to continue with your own gynae or stay with KKH. But you don’t have to decide yet, cos she will still see you at week 9 or 10 again. But you can opt out on your first appt. if you want to stay at KKH, she will transfer you to the O&G dept gynae :)
Thank you @HelloRuffles! She will be seeing me next week. Not too sure if that is called my week 6 as I dunno how to count lol. Omg but the cramps was waaaayyyy beyond I can imagine just moments ago. Is that natural?

Hi ladies, I was here earlier this year when I did my 1st round of IVF at KKH in April'18. Fast forward, I just had my BFP test today for my 2nd IVF done in July'18. Now, declared pregnant and a very lost sheep. Where do I go from here? Can I deliver elsewhere n not KKH? Am I suppose to tell Dr Sadhana this coming appt?

Hope everyone is well and good luck for those who are still trying! Hugs n kisses!
Congrats!! H&H 9 months to you! :)

Hi hi, practically new hear. In my 2ww and tomorrow if my BT. I don’t feel any symptoms but today this morning I felt major cramps and I believe that’s my menses.:’( use the crinone gel and there blood at the tube. anyone experience this before? Should I still go for my BT tomorrow? Feeling Super down.

Hi hi, practically new hear. In my 2ww and tomorrow if my BT. I don’t feel any symptoms but today this morning I felt major cramps and I believe that’s my menses.:’( use the crinone gel and there blood at the tube. anyone experience this before? Should I still go for my BT tomorrow? Feeling Super down.

Yes we still need to do our bt even if AF is here

Back