IVF April 2018

Hi everyone, just to update you on my hcg levels. I actually had to go for the blood test 3x just to confirm that it was a BFN :(
1st blood test: hcg 20.8
2nd blood test: hcg 9.9
3rd blood test: 4.0

Instead of doubling, mine kept halving..so yeah...this cycle was a bust. Devastated, but I already expected it after my bleeding turned out to be AF. Just gotta give myself time to grieve and then pick up the pieces and move on i guess. All the best to those who are doing their beta soon!

Hi everyone, just to update you on my hcg levels. I actually had to go for the blood test 3x just to confirm that it was a BFN :(

Instead of doubling, mine kept halving..so yeah...this cycle was a bust. Devastated, but I already expected it after my bleeding turned out to be AF. Just gotta give myself time to grieve and then pick up the pieces and move on i guess. All the best to those who are doing their beta soon!

Rest well and come back fighting again!

U have 1 more blast frozen right. Don’t give up!

Take care doubletwelve.. do remember to do mini confinement to strength ur body..
Sorry for ur loss..

My BT is on 17 May. 4 more days. These few days I don’t see blood anymore. It’s more of spotting now and dark brown in colour. Spotting seems to be quite heavy like filled almost panty liner full. (Sorry if too much info) but really need you ladies advise if am I really doing well or not.

Thank you so much all for the Constant replies :)
i just saw my gynae yesterday and asked him about the dark brown spottings that i have and he told me not to be too concerned. as long as it's not fresh red blood, he says it's all ok so i left it as that.

all the best for ur BT tomorrow!!! keep us posted :)

so sorry to hear that :( hugs

jiayou on your next cycle and all the best.

Hi Ladies, I am new here and wanted to get more info on Ivf. I juz failed my so- iui round and want to move on to Ivf. I’m with KKH and was wondering if choosing gyne makes a difference..

i just saw my gynae yesterday and asked him about the dark brown spottings that i have and he told me not to be too concerned. as long as it's not fresh red blood, he says it's all ok so i left it as that.

all the best for ur BT tomorrow!!! keep us posted :)

14 May HCG was 35.5
16 May HCG was 37

I’m going for my 3rd blood test on 22 May.
I am all prepared for a negative result.
Hopefully I can start my FET ASAP.

Ladies is it true that a “frozen” blastocyst chances of getting pregnant is lesser then a “fresh” blastocyst? Or is it the same?

14 May HCG was 35.5
16 May HCG was 37

I’m going for my 3rd blood test on 22 May.
I am all prepared for a negative result.
Hopefully I can start my FET ASAP.

Are u still bleeding? If it eventually become negative, it’s considered a chemical preg.. so I think it’s good to let your body rest for at least 3 cycles or tiao your body before u embark on FET

And frozen embryos do not have a lower chance of success compared to fresh. In fact some ladies only BFP on frozen cycle

Hey ladies..started running a fever on 8pd5dt.. admitted to kkh...but no idea what caused the fever..also started bleeding on 8dp5dt...on off and today 10dp5dt it's full liner bleeding... gynae gave prog injection... sigh... anyone experienced fever after ET?

Hey ladies..started running a fever on 8pd5dt.. admitted to kkh...but no idea what caused the fever..also started bleeding on 8dp5dt...on off and today 10dp5dt it's full liner bleeding... gynae gave prog injection... sigh... anyone experienced fever after ET?

Ladies is it true that a “frozen” blastocyst chances of getting pregnant is lesser then a “fresh” blastocyst? Or is it the same?

Don’t lose hope.. there’s still a chance so have faith. I really hope this works out for you.

I did a FET 2 months after my ER. My gynae recommended that chances of getting pregnant is higher with a frozen embryo. He mentioned that the body will be more stable for implantation with a frozen transfer.

Don’t lose hope.. there’s still a chance so have faith. I really hope this works out for you.

I did a FET 2 months after my ER. My gynae recommended that chances of getting pregnant is higher with a frozen embryo. He mentioned that the body will be more stable for implantation with a frozen transfer.

Thanks dear. How many times did you try to get positive results? Haha did you rest first before starting the next FET or?

This is my first try with FET. Never done a fresh transfer before.

I started FET 2 months after my ER :)

Lucky you! During the 2ww did you bed rest most of the time? Up till now I still don’t get why mine is a negative result when my blastocyst is a Grade “A” . Could it be the lining can’t hold the blastocyst or what... So confuse ‍♀️

Lucky you! During the 2ww did you bed rest most of the time? Up till now I still don’t get why mine is a negative result when my blastocyst is a Grade “A” . Could it be the lining can’t hold the blastocyst or what... So confuse ‍♀️

Yes I am really blessed! No I didn’t get any bed rest. Only took the day of ET to rest and next day I went back to work haha. Dr said bedrest was not necessary and I guess it would have driven me nuts. Thankfully work was a good distraction for me :)

Maybe you can check with your Dr on why this happened? Perhaps it was the lining that could have been not ideal for implantation. But I don’t think we will ever really know the reason :( Just have to keep trying..

Yes I am really blessed! No I didn’t get any bed rest. Only took the day of ET to rest and next day I went back to work haha. Dr said bedrest was not necessary and I guess it would have driven me nuts. Thankfully work was a good distraction for me :)

Maybe you can check with your Dr on why this happened? Perhaps it was the lining that could have been not ideal for implantation. But I don’t think we will ever really know the reason :( Just have to keep trying..

Are you with kkh? Or? Can intro your doctor to me?

hi there! i'm new here and just over my 2ww. got a positive beta today and i'm over the moon!

i didnt have symptoms early on too.. only felt twinges around my abdomen area and those went away in 2-3 days. i started cramping and spotting 8dp5dt and thought that was it. i continued to feel that way till my beta (which was today) with back aches, sore boobs... the works! it really feels like AF was about to come any moment.

it'll be a tough 2ww.. i totally feel you!!! but try to keep yourself distracted (easier said than done haha), make plans with your family and friends and it'll definitely get easier. and get lots of rest!!!

Pinkpony.. dun torture yourself with the if and why.. not what u did.. cause the fail cycle..
Fet is better as doctor can concentrate on ur body and you before transfer.. and better results too.. i did 2x fresh.. and get bfn/chemical.. but did fet and get bfp.. to rest or not is up to ur peace of mind.. i bed rest up to 1st 3 days.. with minimal walking.. then slow walking / shopping.. no carrying stuff.. most impt i feel is the brazil nuts, pineapple core and praying to God daily get me thru the 2ww..

Hi ladies, Im new to this group forum.
Hope to be able to clear some doubts about ivf treatment. I’m married about 5yrs with no kids yet, been trying to conceive natural way but it was not succesful. Planning to do ivf cause my age is catching up, it’s very worrying. Any advise or suggestion to which hospital is better and succesful rate to also consider. Thanks!

Hi ladies, Im new to this group forum.
Hope to be able to clear some doubts about ivf treatment. I’m married about 5yrs with no kids yet, been trying to conceive natural way but it was not succesful. Planning to do ivf cause my age is catching up, it’s very worrying. Any advise or suggestion to which hospital is better and succesful rate to also consider. Thanks!

How old are u? If >40 then can go straight to pte cos no Govt subsidy, if still within 40 and wishes to use Govt grant can go Govt hospital

Hi, I’m 27 this yr. cant decide which hospital is the best to do ivf. Im singaporean

27 is considered young under the IVF world, but given the fact that u tried 5 yrs and no results.. best to check ASAP. Have u done any checks btw? Dr may not suggest IVF right away unless both ur tubes are blocked etc
Best to check everything first

Cant really advise which hospital is the best as it can be quite subjective.. one logical way is which is convenient for u to travel to cos it will require a lot of visits at the end of the day

Hi, I’m 27 this yr. cant decide which hospital is the best to do ivf. Im singaporean
Hi Nana91, you are still very young!!!! Personally, I would recommend going to see a gynae (or 2) to get an opinion on the situation between you and husband and let them advise :)

Not yet check before for the both of us, most likely by end of this yr. hopefully i can try to do ivf straight way. Been trying for 5 yrs now, its very tiring and heartbreaking. The moment I come menses every mth

Not yet check before for the both of us, most likely by end of this yr. hopefully i can try to do ivf straight way. Been trying for 5 yrs now, its very tiring and heartbreaking. The moment I come menses every mth

By right after trying for 1 yr and no results, should see doc already.

Quickly decide on a doc and make appt.. cos Govt Hospital esp kkh queue can be very long..

Young? Omg. Age catching up sis
Haha yes 27 for IVF is really young! Don’t say old.. it’s a sensitive topic here haha

But yes I feel your pain! It can be tiring to try and try but not have any results at the end of the day. Do get yourself and husband checked to ensure all is good before proceeding on your next step! Good luck!

Just want to ask, for those singaporean if ever doing currently at kkh, how much the ivf treatment? All can use medisave? And how much the initial payment to prepare for the cash portion?

Sorry to ride on this thread.

Anyone had spotting during 2ww?
I first see brown spotting on Tuesday, took support jab on the same evening, till now (Thursday) I’m still having spotting.
I will be calling up the clinic later to see what else can be done.
Stressful 2ww.

Hi i just did my ET on 19 May 18. I'm into my 2WW now. Blood test schedule on the 4 Jun. Is there any WhatsApp group I can join? I took 2 weeks leave to stay at home to rest. Heard chance will be higher. Eating eggs, blackberries, avocados, brocolli, cauliflower, salmon fish Kenneth fish and other non heavy mercury fishes, folic acid and omega 3 fish oil. I heard have to sleep laying on back to prevent ectopic, wonder is it true?

Hi, im new here too. Would be great if there is any whatsapp grp easier for everyone to communicate. I hope to join in too.

Hi, im new here too. Would be great if there is any whatsapp grp easier for everyone to communicate. I hope to join in too.

Sorry to ride on this thread.

Anyone had spotting during 2ww?
I first see brown spotting on Tuesday, took support jab on the same evening, till now (Thursday) I’m still having spotting.
I will be calling up the clinic later to see what else can be done.
Stressful 2ww.

could be implantation bleeding. rest more and take the jabs and medicine. you can bring forward blood test 1 day earlier if the clinic allows.

could be implantation bleeding. rest more and take the jabs and medicine. you can bring forward blood test 1 day earlier if the clinic allows.

Thanks dear. I’ll be going down today to take the jab again. I won’t be able to take the blood test earlier as it’s Vesak Day. Guess I’ll use the pregnancy test kit at home.

Hi i just did my ET on 19 May 18. I'm into my 2WW now. Blood test schedule on the 4 Jun. Is there any WhatsApp group I can join? I took 2 weeks leave to stay at home to rest. Heard chance will be higher. Eating eggs, blackberries, avocados, brocolli, cauliflower, salmon fish Kenneth fish and other non heavy mercury fishes, folic acid and omega 3 fish oil. I heard have to sleep laying on back to prevent ectopic, wonder is it true?

Hi mayka. I’m in 2ww too. I didn’t take 2 weeks leave as I don wish my boss and colleagues to know (Partly also because my doc suggested me to work to keep my mind off the wait), so I only took 2 days after my ET. Probably that’s why I’m spotting.
I din keep to special diet, just trying to eat healthily. Your list of food is useful, thanks for that!
Are you having Any symptoms?

Hi mayka. I’m in 2ww too. I didn’t take 2 weeks leave as I don wish my boss and colleagues to know (Partly also because my doc suggested me to work to keep my mind off the wait), so I only took 2 days after my ET. Probably that’s why I’m spotting.
I din keep to special diet, just trying to eat healthily. Your list of food is useful, thanks for that!
Are you having Any symptoms?
Hi GreenTeaLatte, my symptoms so far is only have some wet and white discharge at night and backache a few days ago that is quite annoying. Heard it's the side effect of crinone. What symptoms you have? I tried to do pregnancy kit but negative so far. Have you tried do any test yourself?

Just want to ask, for those singaporean if ever doing currently at kkh, how much the ivf treatment? All can use medisave? And how much the initial payment to prepare for the cash portion?
Hi Nana91, I'm PR and 1st fresh cycle Gov co funding is 55% which is $4600, medisave is $6000 for my fresh cycle, I have to form out about $1500 cash for HIV test, registration and counseling, embryo freezing, blastocyst culture and embryo storage per year. Foy my FET gov co fund is $1500 and $5000 medisave. Total estimate cost for FET is ard $12000 to $15000. There is revised gov co-fund as of Apr 2018, this is the website link https://www.heybaby.sg/having-and-r...care-of-your-medical-needs/co-funding-for-art

Last edited:
Hi Nana91, I'm PR and Gov co funding is 55% which is $4600, medisave is $6000 for my FET I have to form out about $1500 cash for HIV test, registration and counseling, embryo freezing, blastocyst culture and embryo storage per year. Foy my FET gov co fund is $1500 and $5000 medisave. Total estimate cost for FET is ard $12000 to $15000.

Did u mean fresh cycle? FET is frozen embryo transfer wouldn’t cost 12-15k so much.

Your part 1 and 2 infor seems contradicting as well

That why I said estimate. Cause I'm still on my FET cycle. Haven't got the finalize bill

Hmm, I think 12-15k is more for fresh cycle. FET shouldn’t be more than 5-6k in Govt hospital before all the grants and Medisave. Not sure if it’s more ex for PR though.

Anyway all the best for your 2ww!!

Is anyone taking any multi-vitamin during their 2WW? Anyone ever find out what's the extra treatment between private and KK? I heard private hospital did a scan on the wall of the womb to determine how well it is for the embryo to attach on and did cleaning on the womb if it is not suitable. And also after the ET, the doctor will advise to stay in bed and avoid patient to go relieved themselves immediately after ET to prevent embryo from falling out. Wonder is it true?

Is anyone taking any multi-vitamin during their 2WW? Anyone ever find out what's the extra treatment between private and KK? I heard private hospital did a scan on the wall of the womb to determine how well it is for the embryo to attach on and did cleaning on the womb if it is not suitable. And also after the ET, the doctor will advise to stay in bed and avoid patient to go relieved themselves immediately after ET to prevent embryo from falling out. Wonder is it true?
Hi Mayka, I stopped all my multi vitamins before my ET as dr is afraid it might be in conflict with the medications he gave. I’m atrictly under his meds so the only supplement I took was folic acid.

I’m not sure what KK provides but I did private. You can have the option of scratching your endometrial wall so that it helps to thicken the lining better for implantation but it’s only under doctor’s recommendation. My dr didn’t suggest that for me but I still managed to BFP, so I think it depends on every woman’s body.

After my ET, I had to lie down for 30 mins before I could go to the toilet but I don’t thjnj I lasted 30 mins as I was really urgent. I think I was in bed for about 15-20 mins before I had to pee really bad. But as for bedrest during the 2ww, my dr didn’t say it was necessary too. He said life can go on as per normal, minus the vigorous exercising.

Hi Mayka, I stopped all my multi vitamins before my ET as dr is afraid it might be in conflict with the medications he gave. I’m atrictly under his meds so the only supplement I took was folic acid.

I’m not sure what KK provides but I did private. You can have the option of scratching your endometrial wall so that it helps to thicken the lining better for implantation but it’s only under doctor’s recommendation. My dr didn’t suggest that for me but I still managed to BFP, so I think it depends on every woman’s body.

After my ET, I had to lie down for 30 mins before I could go to the toilet but I don’t thjnj I lasted 30 mins as I was really urgent. I think I was in bed for about 15-20 mins before I had to pee really bad. But as for bedrest during the 2ww, my dr didn’t say it was necessary too. He said life can go on as per normal, minus the vigorous exercising.

Which pte dr are u with?

Hi GreenTeaLatte, my symptoms so far is only have some wet and white discharge at night and backache a few days ago that is quite annoying. Heard it's the side effect of crinone. What symptoms you have? I tried to do pregnancy kit but negative so far. Have you tried do any test yourself?

I have slight cramps, Low backache (only on 1 day), slight nausea, felt thirsty. Or maybe I’m just imagining these symptoms bcos read too much from the web. Lol.
I dare not do the test now as I’ve read somewhere the HCG level may be high at this point due to the medications, which I don want to get false hope. So I’m saving the test till next week, when closer to my BT.
Hope we can get BFP!!

And I just had bubble tea after lunch, it’s my craving since ET.

Back