Divorce

Re-born

Dear all,

Need advice. Currently found a lawyer to file for divorce as earlier agreed by both parties to go ahead. He now rejected. What I can do next? Thank you in advance

Who engage the lawyer? You or him?
If is you, just continue filing. If you win the case, think he have to pay full amount of the lawyer fee.
If you lose the case, then either you pay half, or you pay full, depending on the term

If is you, just continue filing. If you win the case, think he have to pay full amount of the lawyer fee.
If you lose the case, then either you pay half, or you pay full, depending on the term

I engaged the lawyer as he earlier accept uncontested. After I engage he refuse to go lawyer's side to sign:(
He tried to treat me good and hope that I can drop off the idea. I still want to divorce

if contested divorce is going to cost 10k to 30k....and on what reasons do you want to file divorce? if adultery and unreasonable behaviour have to have proofs, or unless both of you are separated for 3 years...if not judge will not accept the divorce so easily and order both to attend mediation and counselling ...waste time and money also....best is have a talk with your husband and see if there are any ways to save the marriage...

Hi ladies. Been inactive for a while and currently back. Am goin to file for divorce soon. May I know if there is a whatsapp support group pls? Was thinking faster and easier for us to communicate.

Hi all

I'm restarting a mummies going for divorce chat group...pm me if you girls are interested...you may see my history..

God bless

you can " Propose " to the judge to have the other to take on the court fees and your lawyer fees but bear in mind, it's a proposal to court and gives the final yes or no. Normally is no unless exceptional cases. So if your case your exhubby adsorbed the court fees and your lawyer fees, that doesn't apply to all others. My ex wanted me to bear court fees and lawyer fees, the judge scolded the lawyer & my ex in the face.

God bless.

Depending if you fit the 5 reason for divorcing.
You can file for direct divorce...
If both consent to the divorce, it can be settle as fast as 3-4 months
Cost wise depending on lawyer also. Should be about 2-3k

Depending if you fit the 5 reason for divorcing.
You can file for direct divorce...
If both consent to the divorce, it can be settle as fast as 3-4 months
Cost wise depending on lawyer also. Should be about 2-3k
Can i know what abt the 5 reason?
I'm kinda of worry tat he doesnt wan to pay for the lawyer fee n ask to pay all myself cos i dun haf a full time job now =(

Can i know what abt the 5 reason?
I'm kinda of worry tat he doesnt wan to pay for the lawyer fee n ask to pay all myself cos i dun haf a full time job now =(

1. Unreasonable behaviour and it has not exceeded 6 months.
2. Adultery and it has not exceeded 6 months
3. Separation 4 years
4. court ordered separation 3 years
5. didn't know there is a 5th reason.

FCDMSS have pointed out...
Sorry..Only 4 reasons =D

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law-articles/what-are-the-grounds-for-getting-a-divorce/

As for paying of lawyer fee, you need to 'talk' to your husband already. Otherwise you can indicate in divorce paper to 'force' him to pay half.

Based on the reason for divorce, if the Plaintiff can sufficiently convince the judge that the defendant is the fully cause of the divorce than costs can be awarded to plaintiff.

Tell the lawyer full circumstances, usually if plaintiff thinks defendant is the cause of it to a point that plaintiff have no choice but to divorce, the plaintiff should ask to pay full legal costs. Most won't get awarded full costs, but it is better than asking to limit at half only.

there maybe a chance that defendant will drag out the case just for the sake of it and you are better "protected" if asking for full costs.

FCDMSS have pointed out...
Sorry..Only 4 reasons =D

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law-articles/what-are-the-grounds-for-getting-a-divorce/

As for paying of lawyer fee, you need to 'talk' to your husband already. Otherwise you can indicate in divorce paper to 'force' him to pay half.

There is a 5th one and that is 2 years desertion of a marriage. That mean one spouse left home, there is no way of contacting and finding him.

Anyway for the separation, 3 years is when there is mutual agreement to separate not court separation.

Exactly, good advice.

If I'm filing for divorce, do I still have to produce evidence for unreasonable behaviour even if he's agreeable to the divorce?

If I'm filing for divorce, do I still have to produce evidence for unreasonable behaviour even if he's agreeable to the divorce?

Yes. Lawyer will still request you to indicate such, even though both of you agreed to divorce

Or should say in this way, even if you both don't fall under the 5 reason for direct divorce, lawyer will still request you to indicate one of it in the paper. Otherwise divorce may not be approve, and perhaps only 'separation'.

This govt believes that div is bad for the nation, so the courts have to decide if a div is truly necessary based on a pre determined criteria.
Unreasonable behaviour is often cited. A woman can claim the hubby fetish to dress in women clothes is unreasonable behavior. As long as hubby does not dispute this allegation, div will be granted. Worst case, hubby take some selfie give as evidence lor, no need PI

This govt believes that div is bad for the nation, so the courts have to decide if a div is truly necessary based on a pre determined criteria.
Unreasonable behaviour is often cited. A woman can claim the hubby fetish to dress in women clothes is unreasonable behavior. As long as hubby does not dispute this allegation, div will be granted. Worst case, hubby take some selfie give as evidence lor, no need PI

Many times does not go the way we wanted. Very good example is this thread starter. She was play out by the husband, supposedly agree on term of divorce but when go court refuse to admit hence making the divorce unable to proceed.

Yes. Don't go file divorce unless u have strong evidence.
Don't under estimate a man ego. They will not wan to be the one blame for breaking up the marriage as to them face is important.

Hi, would like some advice. I have a ppo and a few police report against my husband. But they are more than 6 months as i have been to the police station so many times and i really really hate going there so even if he use violents against me i didnt go and make a police report.

Recently when me and my husband quarrel he will move out. The last time he move out he left the house for around 1 month. Few days back he moved back and i saw a few love bite mark on him.

As our marriage is less than 3 years would like to check if i want to get a divorce is it possible?

Hi, would like some advice. I have a ppo and a few police report against my husband. But they are more than 6 months as i have been to the police station so many times and i really really hate going there so even if he use violents against me i didnt go and make a police report.

Recently when me and my husband quarrel he will move out. The last time he move out he left the house for around 1 month. Few days back he moved back and i saw a few love bite mark on him.

As our marriage is less than 3 years would like to check if i want to get a divorce is it possible?

When is the 3 years ending.
If u can prove extreme hardship, u can file for divorce

Bear in mind...the Court is no fool... go that path proof extreme hardship and there's no saying what the judge will throw at you. And the lawyer will add pepper and salt and your AOM will be one hell list to proof your Extreme Hardship.

Bear in mind...the Court is no fool... go that path proof extreme hardship and there's no saying what the judge will throw at you. And the lawyer will add pepper and salt and your AOM will be one hell list to proof your Extreme Hardship.

Hi gladjo,

Thank you for the pm but I can’t reply there. No idea why.

I actually went to legal aid last year when my marriage is more than 1 year. They won’t even look at my ppo or police report. All they said was that they can’t help and ask me to come back 1 year later. Right now I couldn’t go there as my salary is too high.

I didn’t want to throw him into jail as we do have a child and I feel that if I were to do that he won’t be able to find a job after that and couldn’t pay for our child maintenance.

Also I really need to stay at his hus as there’s already 10 person living at my parent place and there’s no where else for me to stay.

We applied for a hdb and it will only be ready in the next few months.
So for now I really didn’t know what I can do

Yes. Possible. Abusive is one of the 5 reason where you can file for direct divorce.
With the police report, you can file it already.
Sue your hubby for abusive during filing of divorce.

Since you have applied for HDB, you have to check if you can purchase it from HDB after divorce, with your child name.
Otherwise, you may have to give up the HDB since this was applied with both you and your husband name

Back