PCOS....

Hi all, I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS and feeling lost.

I have been on birth control pills for 5 or 6 years to treat my acne so I cannot remember if my period was irregular before starting on the pills. But I do remember there was once when I was 17 my period did not come for 5 months.

Fast forward now, I have just gotten married and plan to TTC end of this year so I stopped the pills last year. Started having irregular period and went to KKH for a check. Did blood test and ultrasound. Doctor says my hormone levels are within range, ultrasound scan results is normal except she said I have a lot of eggs (not sure if she meant cyst?). I am not overweight, in fact I am on the verge of becoming underweight.

Very confused now because doctor suggested me to go on the pills again which I declined so she gave me medications to induce period. Previously taken provera but side effects was too harsh on me so she changed another type of medicine for me. She also encouraged me to try naturally first and if it doesn't work then go back to her again.

I was alone when I went to KKH for the appointment so I just took whatever information the doctor gave me and left. When I got back and told my HB about it, he started asking me questions which never came across me when I was at the clinic. Now I feel so lost because I don't even know much/understand PCOS. The next appointment is 6 months later. Sigh..

My cycles are irregular. I have high prolactin level too, so need to be on bromocriptine to bring down the level. So for now, I am on bromocriptine and clomid.

Gynae asked me to go for progestrone blood test on Day 21. For last cycle, Day 22 they called me to say that I have ovulated becos my progestrone level was high or more than certain level. However, didn't manage to get pregnant too. But to my surprise, Menses came naturally and so I restart the cycle with same dosage of clomid as per what doctor says.
Hi 123Janice,

Im also High Prolactin, on Cabergolin for years now. ANd I ever tried cabergolin with clomid or Letrozole, still trying to get pregnant. This 31 July 18,I wanna ask my doc if she could let me do SO-IUI. to trigger my ovulation also . hmm

Hi all, I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS and feeling lost.

I have been on birth control pills for 5 or 6 years to treat my acne so I cannot remember if my period was irregular before starting on the pills. But I do remember there was once when I was 17 my period did not come for 5 months.

Fast forward now, I have just gotten married and plan to TTC end of this year so I stopped the pills last year. Started having irregular period and went to KKH for a check. Did blood test and ultrasound. Doctor says my hormone levels are within range, ultrasound scan results is normal except she said I have a lot of eggs (not sure if she meant cyst?). I am not overweight, in fact I am on the verge of becoming underweight.

Very confused now because doctor suggested me to go on the pills again which I declined so she gave me medications to induce period. Previously taken provera but side effects was too harsh on me so she changed another type of medicine for me. She also encouraged me to try naturally first and if it doesn't work then go back to her again.

I was alone when I went to KKH for the appointment so I just took whatever information the doctor gave me and left. When I got back and told my HB about it, he started asking me questions which never came across me when I was at the clinic. Now I feel so lost because I don't even know much/understand PCOS. The next appointment is 6 months later. Sigh..

Hey gal

I was diagnosed with PCOS after I did a cyst removal. I was also taking birth control pills to control acne. I have irregular menses too. Eventually when I tried to ttc and stopped all pills, it didn’t really work out for me cos I didn’t have regular menses to begin with and I also don’t ovulate. I did IUI a few times but didn’t work out. I tried IVF ( think I went through 2 cycles) and now I am finally pregnant. I’m not saying you have to go down the IVF route but suggest you bring your Husband along when you see the doctor again. Trying naturally is always the best choice. So don’t despair! I tried for 4 years and miracles do happen in one way or another.

Hi all,

Earlier this year, I shared that I had a stillbirth last year and shortly after, I was diagnosed with PCOS which was in January. Someone shared about evening primrose oil and since doctor didn’t prescribe me any meds for me since I am TTC, I tried EPO for the past 5 months. Thankfully, I managed to conceive naturally and currently I am 6 weeks pregnant. Not sure if EPO balanced out my hormones since they were hay-wired in January but I am glad I tried.

Though I’ve been trying TTC for only 7 months but it was such an emotional ride for me. Can’t imagine those who tried for years. Don’t despair and never give up.

Hi all,

Earlier this year, I shared that I had a stillbirth last year and shortly after, I was diagnosed with PCOS which was in January. Someone shared about evening primrose oil and since doctor didn’t prescribe me any meds for me since I am TTC, I tried EPO for the past 5 months. Thankfully, I managed to conceive naturally and currently I am 6 weeks pregnant. Not sure if EPO balanced out my hormones since they were hay-wired in January but I am glad I tried.

Though I’ve been trying TTC for only 7 months but it was such an emotional ride for me. Can’t imagine those who tried for years. Don’t despair and never give up.

Congrats on your pregnancy! Jiayou

New to this forum. Was looking for solution for my PCOS when I found this forum. Please add me in the whatapp group too!

I recently have M/C in April this year after trying for a year. Then gynea diagnosed I have PCOS. Feeling so helpless and despair now. So many people around me can conceive but not me...Hub and I have been trying for these months but to no avail.
I am considering to see another gynea (the current gynea clinic is charging too high for consultation!). Is there any recommendation?

P.s: I ditched my coffee and try to reduce my dairy intake. Regular taking folic acid. Irregularly taking EP. What else should observe?

Hi im new to this forum :) have been dignosed with PCOS few years ago when i was referred to a gynae by my gp for irregular menses. My last menses was in feb19 and im feeling quite worried now..we are planning to TTC but not sure should where we should go to seek help. Appreciate any advise please :)

My cousin had PCOS, which was diagnosed with the help of Dr. Regina. She helped my cousin navigate her PCOS much more comfortably. She's doing better and is fine now. If you have PCOS concerns, I highly recommend consulting with her.
Hello can u stop ur spamming everywhere !!!
I already report ur post to the admin
Is very irratating all over

Last edited:

Back