Cherie Hearts - Anchorvale CC

Mango,
what is your child's name?

Yes it seems like there is no more songs and stories session ever since ms reeya and ms chow left. i never heard my girl singing new songs...

Catherine,
Yesterday my friend told me that her child in PAP nursery class is now learning phonics.
I don't mind to pay a bit more school fees
but look at what they teaching in school makes me feel like a fool.
What i understand from my child is that most
of the time they either play the blocks or do drawing by themselves.
If that's the case then the principal is
simply too relax teaching them.
I wonder when the new teacher coming as she commented in mid july . i just wait and see .
Like most parents here , we don't mind paying more but at least <font color="ff0000">WE CAN GET WHAT WE PAY or WE PAY WHAT WE GET</font>

very disappointed leh how...

Mango, I know if Reeya around she teachers nursery class well....
But now i lost count of who is teaching nursery class and what are they doing.. ever since Reeya on maternity Charlotte have been bringing lots of paper home which she had draw.

Teacher Ling is it the tall lady with really long hair? she is nice gave my daughter stickers. l was there few months back making enquiry for my gal. She's very professional taking time to answer each and every question l've asked unlike the other older white hair staff. kinda impatient!

mango- yes! WE CAN GET WHAT WE PAY or WE PAY WHAT WE GET

I just hope that there will be <font color="ff0000">more</font> singing and story telling session for the children . I just want my kid to be happy there .

Mango,
are you sure they only teaching the abc songs? Maybe u check with the teacher in charge or update of what they had learn.

Your child might be singing ABC songs becos ur child love that songs, but does not mean ur child never learn anything new.

hi, can anyone enlighten me about the curriculum for playgroup for CH in SK? are they structured?
from 1 to 10, how do you mummies rate CH?
thinking of sending my girl there....
thank u!

Hi mummytwentyten,

CH in SK is thematic approach, every term they have different themes. And they will have activities on the theme. I would rate CH 7/10. No issue so far with the school. It will be good if you can go visit the school &amp; speak to the principle/ branch director to understand their curriculum. If you need their uniform &amp; mattress cover, PM me.

For those, who wanted so much to enrol their child in to CH, pls think twice...

The worksheet they given is way too not enough for the children to learn base on my experience, the only thing they do everyday is coloring coloring, the worksheet is not tailor made by them but printed out from..don't where and most of it, it black base. When given children to write they shd enforce them, not just let them be, even if the children don't write, they can't even bother to help out, ended up...my kid worksheet is always blank or just wrote one or two letters....the worksheets and materials given is so so little, can't even compare to those normal CC....concert day can also split into 2days, cos they can't find a venue and the timing is suck, cos btw 5-7.30pm, which just in time for the teachers to knock off, how abt, we parent, we will have to take leave just to attend the 2hrs show and the best part is, they ask parents to contribute foods for the conert....finding a venue is always not a issue, just depend would they want to explore out of SK or not, i believe parents don't mind to pay to enjoy the performance by the children, rather than split up the concert into 2days. And, it also trobulesome for some parents who have children in PG and Nursery class, they would have to go for 2 days and not every parents is so free.

Hi mummies, didnt knw about this thread..about CH..

all i can say is CH @SK just want $ and not welfare of the children...treating us like atm...

totally agreed, so mad abu them, the worksheet is so little till we can count less than 50....cut and paste and let children do...who dun know...

Hi mummies,

Looking for female aged 30 to 45 years old who has at least 1 kid aged 4 to 12 years old. Any Race. White Collar/PMEBs &amp; Housewives.

Group discussion on 24th Nov (2.45pm &amp; 5.45pm) or 25th Nov (2.45pm &amp; 5.45pm) depending which criteria you fit in. 2 hours. Location in Orchard Road.

$100 cash incentive. Must speak good english. Interested, please sms me at 9189-2420. Hope to hear from you!

Hi Mummies, fyi, last wk Kyan's went for the eye's assesment and i was so shock that he can't recongise th number and we had to gobk in march 2011 to do the test again. Since he failed the test, i was so worries so i get the new CC teachers to test him and was so SHOCK...he do not know the number 6-9....so mummies, pls check with yr child what had they learned in sch. As kyan was suppose to know the number 1-10 in nusrery class, but too bad not him, now the new CC teachers have to do extra lessons for him to catch up with the rest, who is already reading 4 letters words.....

kyan can read out from 1-20 but can't really recongise the number itself...btw, what do u mean multiply by 2?..they are learning timetable 2?...

Hi hi,
I am glad to come across this thread. Seems like sk@ch is very bad. I was thinking of transferring my kids to that as I just moved to sk. I am still sticking to macpherson branch. At least he is learning well for Chinese characters and reciting di zhi gui (free). But hv to spend time on travelling

tequila4360, you seems to have a lot of disagreements with CH in sengkang? So far, honestly, I am quite pleased with CH in sengkang. My son is in K2. regarding worksheets issue, I believe all Childcares and preschools do not provide enough worksheets for the kids to learn one. Parents on our own have to work on it. We cannot rely everything to the school. Parents play a even bigger role than the schools, cause the children do not learn much from the school honestly, even in primary schools. What is most important is kids themselves have to do homework, assessment books, and parents need to provide guidance if necessary. I never expect the childcare to teach a lot, as long as my son is learning something from there, I am happy enough. You have not seen other worse childcares. Coloring and drawing is also a way to learn.

As for the concert issue, I don't see a problem with having two days. Some CCs need parents to pay for the concert, buy costumes, pay for food etc. Saving money for us is also a good thing, isn't it? Some parents may not be able to afford extra cash like that. Childcare centres montly fees is already a big sum.

I heard feedback from parents who send kids to PAP that their kids learn nothing from there. I really think ultimately, no matter what schools you send your kids to, parents need to work with the kids on the skills and knowledge acquired.

kkf...if u do experience that u child class is without a teacher for more than 6mths...hw would react and noticed that u child doesn't know their 1-10 well and wrtiting skill is suck, what will u do...

Hey, Actually its really depend on our kids own development, how much they can intake during classes.

Anyway which ever school our kids are in , we all want our kids to do well.

kkf is right, we need to practise with our kids as well, school only can teach them bits and part of it. if we want our kids to be smart, we got to play our part as well.

I always question my girl what had she done in school, and read with her as much as she likes. Practics writing with her so that she could write nicely. Going through chinese and english with her i will know what she knows and what she don't know.

Every schools have their good and bad point. Increase of fees might becos they need to increase the teachers salary to make them stay, food prices, rental, electricity and so on.

So we cannot only think of ourselves.
It's just like when we are working we expect bonus and increament. so does the teachers in Childcare.

My gal learns nothing in cherie heart . I am really glad tt i trf her out in time and i am very happy with her progress now

Tequila!! Long time no see
happy.gif

How is kyan? Miss his cheeky face :D

ya...since kyan trfd out...now he is doing very well in the new sch. Now, he can uses his phonics to make up words and now he is learning sentence, not bad wor..hee...how's yr boys?

hi mummies,i thought of enrolling my 4yr girl to CH in achorvale, and they only allow me to make appt on sat, after seeing all ur feedback, i start to hesitate...can u mummies give me advice?

Pamela

Every school has good and bad feedbacks. U should take some time out to visit the school to know more about their curriculum and address your concerns with the teachers there
happy.gif

If you feel good about the school after the visit, then that is the right school for your child!

Hi Parents,

My kids are 7, 5 and 3 yrs old. They love watching Club M.A.G.I.C which ran on our local tv channel in jun , july this year. I heard there is a holiday camp comming up in dec where the kids can interact with the hosts. Any one has info on it?
Thank you
happy.gif

Back