wrong gender scan?

gs84

Hi may i know anyone was told a wrong gender during your scan and only confirmed the correct gender at your detailed scan?

think it can happen esp for bb boys which are mistaken as bb girls during scan.

Hi, im at my 21 weeks now. During my 17 weeks. Gynae informed that 80% is a baby gal. Today detail scan turn out to be a boy! I hoped so much for a baby girl and yet now is a baby boy. I wonder will it be a wrong scan?

Joey, I was told by Gynae that mine seems to be gal as he didn't see any boy parts at my 15w4d. scan. I'm actually hoping for a boy. I'm thinking will there be a chance that its a boy instead at detailed scan when I'm 20 weeks. Is there any reason why Ur Gynae thinks that its 80% gal? Is it he didn't see any boy parts also?

During my 16 weeks scan, he told me that he did not see any boy thing. And 80% was such a high chance. And yet I got a boy. When is ur detail scan? Its really joke of the year! I have to return my friend her baby gal clothing. Everyone was so confidence its a gal. Haiz. I hope he will tell me from my next check up is a wrong scan.

During my 16 weeks scan, he told me that he did not see any boy thing. And 80% was such a high chance. And yet I got a boy. When is ur detail scan? Its really joke of the year! I have to return my friend her baby gal clothing. Everyone was so confidence its a gal. Haiz. I hope he will tell me from my next check up is a wrong scan.

Thank God the clothings are passed down from your friend. Imagine u go on a shopping spree... Then need to go change to boy clothes. My detail scan is in 24th Jan. hoping that when I go, the boy parts will magically appear. I'm hoping that my Gynae is wrong with my gender scan during my wk 16 scan.

Lol! Like mine. Was wrong and im kinda disappointed with my gynae thus round. He did not explain why previous its a gal and now turn out to be a boy. He had given us veri high chance that is a gal.

老师曾经发表过。(click to read post

男胎变女胎!女胎变男胎!:eek:

曾经有位怀孕妈妈,她说照住来是女的,还说gynae 100% sure! confirm! plus chop!
老师明明看到的是Ah-Boy哦!Never believe what I hint.
39weeks plus 生出来,才来想起老师曾经‘明示’的话。:p

老师曾经发表过。(click to read post

男胎变女胎!女胎变男胎!:eek:

曾经有位怀孕妈妈,她说照住来是女的,还说gynae 100% sure! confirm! plus chop!
老师明明看到的是Ah-Boy哦!Never believe what I hint.
39weeks plus 生出来,才来想起老师曾经‘明示’的话。:p

Hihi, I have read about some of ur posting. Are u able to do a calculation for baby gender again?

I also experienced the same thing. Went for usual scan at wk 16 gynae told me is a she. Ended up during detailed scan I was told is a he.

She didn't say anything. But before the detailed scan she did mention can't see clearly cos my bb don't wish to "show". Haha. I wish for a gal but husband wish for a boy. Haha

Ohh.. possible mah?? as im hoping .. cos my gynae jus said he never see anything till then during my 21weeks ds.. and said is gal gal.
but everyone see my tum tum said is boy boy.. and i got sixth sense is boy boy too.
i keep telling bb if boy boy mus reli open leg leg big big..
now waiting for next scan.. hoping bb will "miracally" show his lil birdie if is boy boy.

I've heard of a couple of real-life account from my clients, from detailed scan all the way is GIRL but when give birth its a BOY.

Dont stress on the gender lah.. A baby is God's blessings to us :) A healthy baby is MOST important.

Me also Kiasu. Will keep ask my gyane to check the gender every visit to ensure consistency! Lol!
But really, healthy baby is impt than anything. Of cos its a blessing to have the gender you want to be. Stay happy all mommies! :)

So far my detailed scans (for 2 girls) are never wrong. The way to spot a girl on US is the 3 lines there. Only girls will have the 3 lines (labia)...

But my gynae was assuming is girl since he never see both leh.. haha..
maybe to him, the boy birdie is more obvious one. i also dunno.
I never ask him much abt the gender liao cos he is not very concerned of the gender, more on the bb health.. Heeee..

But my gynae was assuming is girl since he never see both leh.. haha..
maybe to him, the boy birdie is more obvious one. i also dunno.
I never ask him much abt the gender liao cos he is not very concerned of the gender, more on the bb health.. Heeee..

As long as see 3 lines is girl. Detailed scan around 21 wks will confirm the gender of the baby if you wan to know. The ultra sound machines used by them are clearer. My gynae seems to prefer to confirm girls than boys cos the 3 lines is Obvious...

Hi there mummies.

If 3 lines is confirm bb girl then what does 1 line means ? Cos yesterday i did my detail scan (wk 20) n the doc say should be girl. But i read up n see alot saying 3 lines but i onli guided by the doc to see 1 line on the screen.
Anyone ?

Last edited:
It happened to me! I was told baby girl at 16 weeks. Gynea told me 70% girl. Went for detailed scan 4 weeks later, was told it was a boy. I guessed best to check gender at 20 weeks to avoid any disappointment. Nothing is 100% until detailed scan.

hi mummies, just wanted to dig up this thread to see if anyone had their baby's gender predicted wrong by gynae?

i just saw a/p john tee yesterday at kkh tps. before scan, he asked if we already knew bb's gender and we said no, but i think my face showed i was super curious and excited to find out, so during scan he managed to get a potty view and told us he "suspects 90% chance bb is a boy, but still very small at the moment, so to be confirmed during detailed scan at 20 weeks".

just curious if there is any chance his "prediction" is inaccurate? cos it seemed like he only took one sec to see and immediately mentioned the above. lol. possible to see wrongly? :p:p:p

Back