IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all. I have very thin lining at 6mm and supposedly should go for medicated FET transfer some time next week. Have anyone experienced thin linings and is there any other methods to increase it for better chance of implantation? I was prescribed with estrofem (estrogen) to help to thicken.

Thanks in advance.

May take red bean soup for lining. Keep body warm too

I took red bean soup last round but this time I did not. Heard that embryo might not implant if lining is too thin. My lining was 14.3 when I last scan, 2 days before my ER.

But I have been taking more warm water. My TCM has advised that I have thick blood, which worries me...

Hi all. I have very thin lining at 6mm and supposedly should go for medicated FET transfer some time next week. Have anyone experienced thin linings and is there any other methods to increase it for better chance of implantation? I was prescribed with estrofem (estrogen) to help to thicken.

Thanks in advance.
I had naturaly thin lining. Did transfer at 5.8mm.tho i wd like to postpone the cycle yet dr so determine to go ahead with it.thus proceeded with the transfer. With not so high hope feeling & plenty of prayers i dealt with it and turned out to be my 2mths lo now. Post transfer was on crinone and estrofem as u mentioned. Go ahead with the professionals decision..All the best..

I agree with Towkayneo. I was also informed of his leave period but they told me that there should be no impact to my cycle. Since it's frozen, you still have option to postpone if you really want it to be THH. At least they have informed you of the 2 covering doctors.
A cycle would usually have transfers between CD11 to CD20 depending on individual.

On sidenote, I just found out about the new KKIVF@three centre! brand new place for ER and ET now. anyone been there?
me! it's very new and spacious!

I had naturaly thin lining. Did transfer at 5.8mm.tho i wd like to postpone the cycle yet dr so determine to go ahead with it.thus proceeded with the transfer. With not so high hope feeling & plenty of prayers i dealt with it and turned out to be my 2mths lo now. Post transfer was on crinone and estrofem as u mentioned. Go ahead with the professionals decision..All the best..

Thanks Hajar!

I hope with my thin lining, implantation is still possible. May I ask for this successful cycle, how many embryos did u transfer? Thanks! :)

I done frozen ET yest.. twice while peeing, had dark brown, almost black discharge.. is this normal?

And may i ask.. do u ladies continue eating royal jelly after ET? I heard b4 that should not take royal jelly after ET coz affect implantation.. any idea??

Hi.

I'm currently at kkh with Dr Mahesh. I find him so-so and got a recommendation for Dr Tan HH. I also understand from my friend who used to work in KKH that SF Loh is good (btw, any idea where is he now?).

The thing is; I'm currently a subsidized patient at KKH (with mahesh). Anyway that I can change to Dr Tan HH (@ KKH) and still remain under the subsidized group? Already spent a lot of money on this ttc journey so trying to save as much as possible..☹
Not possible. Dr Tan HH doesnt see subsidise patient. Once u choose doctor will be private rate.

I done frozen ET yest.. twice while peeing, had dark brown, almost black discharge.. is this normal?

And may i ask.. do u ladies continue eating royal jelly after ET? I heard b4 that should not take royal jelly after ET coz affect implantation.. any idea??
It could be the leftover crinone gel. I don’t recommend you continue to consume the Royal jelly.

My lining was 14.3 when I last scan, 2 days before my ER.

But I have been taking more warm water. My TCM has advised that I have thick blood, which worries me...

14.3mm, isn't it quite a good thickness? It is! Before your ET right?

Your TCM advised that you have thick blood? How did she determine your blood is thick?

jia you!
better check with kkivf if still having such discharge.

14.3mm, isn't it quite a good thickness? It is! Before your ET right?

Your TCM advised that you have thick blood? How did she determine your blood is thick?

2 days before my ER. heard that if lining is too thick embryo won’t implant too.

My TCM tells me I have thick blood whenever she feels my pulse. Sometimes when the nurse in KKIVF draws my blood, will ask me to drink more water cos my flood very slow.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I'm on my 2nd fresh IVF cycle, the first failed. I had my ER on Tues, total 7 follicles. Did my ET today, total 3 fertilized successfully - one grade 5 and two grade 4. The last grade 4 observing to see if can freeze and blood test on 6th April. Fingers crossed hoping this time it will implant successfully.

Wow... you have a grade 5, heard that it seldom happened. How many did you transfer?

Baby dust to you!

Hi ladies, I’m back after a long hiatus since Aug 16. During this time, I went for my 6th ivf cycle in Feb 17 and (finally) successfully gave birth to my baby in Nov 17.

I plan to try for a 2nd child early next yr, after my baby turns one. Can I check if I must stop breastfeeding before I can start FET? If so, how long before should I stop if I want to go for FET in Jan 18?

FYI, my period still hasn’t arrived yet since I gave birth last yr.

Hi ladies, I’m back after a long hiatus since Aug 16. During this time, I went for my 6th ivf cycle in Feb 17 and (finally) successfully gave birth to my baby in Nov 17.

I plan to try for a 2nd child early next yr, after my baby turns one. Can I check if I must stop breastfeeding before I can start FET? If so, how long before should I stop if I want to go for FET in Jan 18?

FYI, my period still hasn’t arrived yet since I gave birth last yr.
Hello, yes you must stop breastfeeding before you start FET due to the hormonal medication which may affect your baby.

Once stopped bf, and when your menses come, you can start your FET.

I went to private as some ladies from here suggested.it is tow yung clinic.it cost $200 per session.
And nope no dr diagnose me with any immunological issues.its bcoz i knw my main issues are implantation due to asherman syndrome as well as naturaly thin lining.thus to have that maximal support after Et i just proceeded on with intralipids as recomended by the private dr himself just to boost the support i have on top of the basic crinone gell inserts which kkh provides usually.so basically after Et i had my intralipids session prolucton jab and crinone gel for that maximal support i wanted to so called sustain my last embryo.
Hi hajar, how thick was your lining for the FET cycle that BFP?

Hello, yes you must stop breastfeeding before you start FET due to the hormonal medication which may affect your baby.

Once stopped bf, and when your menses come, you can start your FET.

Ah ok, so do I need to like let my period regulate for a few months first then start or once it comes, I can just start at the next month?

Thanks Towkayneo!!

Wow... you have a grade 5, heard that it seldom happened. How many did you transfer?

Baby dust to you!

Really? My last one was a grade 4 and it failed so I dare not raise hopes too high but can't help to feel a bit happier that I have a grade 5 this time. Transferred 2, one grade 5 and one grade 4. Thanks for ur well wishes!

An open letter to my final frozen embryo

This is mummy’s 4th IVF attempt with Daddy to bring you (our embryo) to this world. Daddy and mummy has tried our best and this could be our last IVF attempt as our fertility resources are running out due to age and health. Through this journey, Mummy and Daddy learnt how to deal with hardships as a couple. Just as we would like you to grow up and be a filial child, there are still a lot we have to do to repay our parents’ kindness and love. Just as we would like you to live your life to the fullest, we would have to do for our years ahead, with or without you around. Just as we would like you to form your family one day, we would remind you to be kind to yourself, if you also have a tough time having your own child. If you ended up childless but not by choice, we would remind you not to neglect and abandon the most impt person in your life, whom you’ve vowed to be with, in good or bad health. As good Mummy and Daddy, we promise to lead by example. And here’s wishing us good luck in our last IVF milestone to invite you closer to our family, as you would be transferred to Mummy’s womb later.

This is mummy’s 4th IVF attempt with Daddy to bring you (our embryo) to this world. Daddy and mummy has tried our best and this could be our last IVF attempt as our fertility resources are running out due to age and health. Through this journey, Mummy and Daddy learnt how to deal with hardships as a couple. Just as we would like you to grow up and be a filial child, there are still a lot we have to do to repay our parents’ kindness and love. Just as we would like you to live your life to the fullest, we would have to do for our years ahead, with or without you around. Just as we would like you to form your family one day, we would remind you to be kind to yourself, if you also have a tough time having your own child. If you ended up childless but not by choice, we would remind you not to neglect and abandon the most impt person in your life, whom you’ve vowed to be with, in good or bad health. As good Mummy and Daddy, we promise to lead by example. And here’s wishing us good luck in our last IVF milestone to invite you closer to our family, as you would be transferred to Mummy’s womb later.
This is beautiful, thanks for sharing. I hope this is it for you!

Don’t think too much, just tell urself u have done ur best..u have try wat u shd have , at least u have no regrets that u have not try before.... jiayou

Hello ladies, just wondering.. Eating Durian before FET or after helps?

Durian keeps yr body warm. I know some ladies took along with chicken essence n brazil nuts. I didnt take durian cos i hate the smell. I only took chicken essence alt days n 3 brazil nuts daily. N i bfp but it ended with silent miscarriage.

Last edited:
My pregancy blood test scheduled tomorrow. But see spotting today, is it my menses?
Yes and no.

No could be 1. irritation of the cervix 2. IVF pregnancies usually comes with spotting/bleeding

To clarify doubts, suggest you take a home pregnancy test to ascertain. If it's positive, you may want to quickly go down to your clinic to do the blood test and to request for support jabs.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies, i m too panic. Called KKH, they said it is too early to use pregancy test, advised me continue with Crinone and go for blood test tml

Thanks for the replies, i m too panic. Called KKH, they said it is too early to use pregancy test, advised me continue with Crinone and go for blood test tml

Day 12 can use pregnancy test kit but ofcourse bt is still the most accurate. If I am not wrong Kkh do bt on day 18. If tomorrow is your bt then is not too early to test.

I will take the pregnancy test la, of positive but bleeding and they still insist I go down tomorrow, I will be mad pissed. I will insist I want to do the blood test today else if things go wrong, who’s going to be responsible?

I will take the pregnancy test la, of positive but bleeding and they still insist I go down tomorrow, I will be mad pissed. I will insist I want to do the blood test today else if things go wrong, who’s going to be responsible?
It was negative so when nurse said yest kit not accurate givong me hope. Today confirm i failed my 3rd IVF

Hi everyone, I’ve finally succeeded in my 5th ivf journey on 23 March with Dr Tan Heng Hao - Emergency delivery for my twins. I will be returning 200 eggs to shuang lin temple this coming Saturday in the morning to give thanks. Please feel free to collect the eggs if anyone of you are keen!

Good luck to all the sisters here

Back