IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

@Tpt
Ya, doc did explain but very fast. fortunately, he told me to think abt it and email him. that helps.

which hospital / clinic are u at?
Did they tell u what medication protocol they are recommending for u? Why don't u just call them and ask. don't wait until CD1. I was confused abt which day to scan and I asked the nurse when she called me on something.

@ngivy
mine was just one transvaginal scan on CD9. I guess if the doc is happy with the follicle size, not need to scan more. otherwise more drugs, and another scan.

Hello everyone. I've just started letrozole with KKH last month. My period unfortunately just came (first cycle after taking letrozole). Noticed during the tww that my cramps seemed awfully worse this time round, mood swings, experienced horrible bloatedness and even chills. And seems like my period has ended and I'm only on D2 today. Did anyone experience similar side effects and more importantly the shorter period (used to be 4 days for me).

I read that clomid thins the uterine lining, does letrozole have the same effect? This can't possibly be a good thing right?

Appreciate if you girls can share your experience, thanks!

@Tpt
Ya, doc did explain but very fast. fortunately, he told me to think abt it and email him. that helps.

which hospital / clinic are u at?
Did they tell u what medication protocol they are recommending for u? Why don't u just call them and ask. don't wait until CD1. I was confused abt which day to scan and I asked the nurse when she called me on something.

@ngivy
mine was just one transvaginal scan on CD9. I guess if the doc is happy with the follicle size, not need to scan more. otherwise more drugs, and another scan.

I’m at Michele Lee Clinic.. anyone wit her too?? I was asked to call them on D1 and they will advise on the next appointment. I will check with them again. Thank you for advise

Hi, can anyone share with me when is usually the first scan after cycle start?

have anyone travelled with the injectable medications before? Is it a hassle?

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I did my IUI on 2nd march, it was CD 15. Since then i'm taking Duphaston 10mg for 19 days. Anybody else taking this tab? Do you think this tab delay menses? Bcz i took letrozole for 5 days, CD 2 - CD 6. Whenever i took letrozole i got menses exactly on 27-28th day, but this time no menses until today. That's why i ask anybody experienced delayed menses due to Duphaston.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I did my IUI on 2nd march, it was CD 15. Since then i'm taking Duphaston 10mg for 19 days. Anybody else taking this tab? Do you think this tab delay menses? Bcz i took letrozole for 5 days, CD 2 - CD 6. Whenever i took letrozole i got menses exactly on 28th days, but this time no menses until today. That's why i ask anybody experienced delayed menses due to Duphaston.

Are you due for your pregnancy test?

Are you due for your pregnancy test?

Not yet. Blood test will be on 21st. Menses date is over already. Actually my mind is pushing me to take a UPT, but I'm afraid that it may show false +ve :( Because i took ovulation trigger shot on day before my IUI. And what i found from Google is that, HCG from the trigger shot can remain in our body for up to 14 days after we received the injection, so the UPT may not be accurate.

Last edited:
Not yet. Blood test will be on 21st. Menses date is over already. Actually my mind is forcing me to take a UPT, but I'm afraid that it may show false +ve :( Because i took ovulation trigger shot on day before my IUI. And what i found from Google is that, HCG from the trigger shot can remain in our body for up to 14 days after we received the injection, so the UPT may not be accurate.

Try and relax don't stress yourself out:)

hi ladies
I think it's out for me :(
was spotting last few days and today alot more aunt flo. I was praying it is implantation bleeding but my hopes are super slim.

Do I still have to go for blood test to confirm ? just wondering what did u do when AF shows up

hi ladies
I think it's out for me :(
was spotting last few days and today alot more aunt flo. I was praying it is implantation bleeding but my hopes are super slim.

Do I still have to go for blood test to confirm ? just wondering what did u do when AF shows up

Did the doctor schedule for a blood test appt after ur iui??

Hi all, I’m new to this. So, first of all, good luck and baby dust to everyone!

Hubs and I are in our first IUI cycle.. I was inseminated yesterday, 19/3 (CD 15), and as of scans last Friday, 16/3 (CD 12), I had one ready follicle at 20.5mm and lining was 12.5mm.. my blood test is scheduled on 5/4, which will be CD32, if my AF doesn’t appear first..

Hi all, I’m new to this. So, first of all, good luck and baby dust to everyone!

Hubs and I are in our first IUI cycle.. I was inseminated yesterday, 19/3 (CD 15), and as of scans last Friday, 16/3 (CD 12), I had one ready follicle at 20.5mm and lining was 12.5mm.. my blood test is scheduled on 5/4, which will be CD32, if my AF doesn’t appear first..

Good luck and baby dust. Which hospital u wen to?

Hi all, glad to be part of this group in the journey.

Am on the unnerving 2ww now at 9dpiui (more than half way there!). First SO IUI cycle, started injections from 3 March, trigger shot on 14 March, procedure on 15 March. Given progestrone 3x daily, progesterone blood test this week 21 March and my betaHCG upcoming on 3 Apr.

Have a blend of nausea, lethargic, headaches, slight cramping daily, which could indicate that it may be successful OR side effects of progestrone. Out of curiosity, I did UPT yesterday and today to see if the trigger shot HCG is still in my body & any possible early signs, and both were negative. Think that's my own experience and different bodies may process differently.

Best wishes to all and baby dusts :)

Hi Ladies,

Do you all do a scan again the morning of IUI?

Thanks in advance?

Hi honeypokey, I didn’t have to do a scan the morning of IUI. I don’t think we need to - as the insemination will be carried out either because your ovulation test was positive, or because you had given yourself a trigger shot about 36-48 hours before for ovulation to take place. Hope that helps :)

Am on the unnerving 2ww now at 9dpiui (more than half way there!). First SO IUI cycle, started injections from 3 March, trigger shot on 14 March, procedure on 15 March. Given progestrone 3x daily, progesterone blood test this week 21 March and my betaHCG upcoming on 3 Apr.

Have a blend of nausea, lethargic, headaches, slight cramping daily, which could indicate that it may be successful OR side effects of progestrone. Out of curiosity, I did UPT yesterday and today to see if the trigger shot HCG is still in my body & any possible early signs, and both were negative. Think that's my own experience and different bodies may process differently.

Best of luck! And baby dust!

Just wondering, what will the results of the prosgestrone blood test tell you? I am not scheduled to go in for any test until the betaHCG one in April..

Best of luck! And baby dust!

Just wondering, what will the results of the prosgestrone blood test tell you? I am not scheduled to go in for any test until the betaHCG one in April..

Thanks, apple179! . The nurses at KKH says that the blood test for progesterone is meant to be a data for review to confirm that ovulation took place after ovulation. I have PCOS and sometimes do not ovulate.

Where are you doing your IUI?

Hi wise ladies

So IUI is my next step

My gynaecologist will have to refer me but I am quite eager to get this done.

How long does everyone's process take from first meeting to IUi. Was it done in the first cycle?

Hi wise ladies

So IUI is my next step

How long does everyone's process take from first meeting to IUi. Was it done in the first cycle?

Hi wise ladies

So IUI is my next step

I tried iui on my first cycle

Hi.. why was trigger shot require??

Did the doctor schedule for a blood test appt after ur iui??

yea but I was traveling, and the next day my aunt flo already came so i called them and they said if it's heavy I don't have to do the blood test.

on the trigger shot, it depends on doc's recommendation. some are just more kiasu I guess, to make sure you ovulate.

yea but I was traveling, and the next day my aunt flo already came so i called them and they said if it's heavy I don't have to do the blood test.

on the trigger shot, it depends on doc's recommendation. some are just more kiasu I guess, to make sure you ovulate.

Sad to hear this.. bt I read online the chances will increase on next iui.. so don give up hope.. cheer:)

So if we ovulate trigger shot are not require right?? I’m so scare of injection..
Anyone know the price of a trigger shot?

Thanks, apple179! . The nurses at KKH says that the blood test for progesterone is meant to be a data for review to confirm that ovulation took place after ovulation. I have PCOS and sometimes do not ovulate.

Where are you doing your IUI?

Oh, I see.. my IUI was done quite close to yours actually - trigger on 17 March (evening) and the IUI on 19 March (morning).

I also did it in KKH but they didn’t get me to go back for the blood test for prosgestrone.. well in my case I guess it’s unexplained fertility, other than maybe lower speed motility, we are both healthy and fine.

Well, all the best for both blood tests! :)

Hi All, I'm new to this forum. I'm 30 and going to do my first IUI at KKH this month. Today is my CD 12 and the follicle size is 15.5 and uterus lining 9. Do you guys think is it normal? What i read was the average diameter of dominant follicle will be 22-24mm before ovulation. I took letrozole 250 for 5 days (CD 2-6) and whenever i took letrozole i got menstruated exactly on 28th day. In 28 day cycle ovulation will be on 12th day right? I'm too confused about the ovulation day and the size of my follicle. If anybody did IUI before, please help me to clarify.

So your iui successful?

Hi, first of all i just wanna clarify i am male. Hope yall dun mind. We tried for quite sometimes and very depressing when no news.

Came across and thankfully this forum helps and provide many information especially those in same situation.

My babe took 1 week leave. BT shows high number, and was expecting twins. Unfortunately, one got no heartbeat after few weeks. Omg, roller coaster again.
And yes, u dont have to worry so much. When there is chance to stick/preg means got chance. Must have faith in ur dr. Chemistry plays big part too.

#1 born in Aug 2016. Unexpectedly, #2 arriving in Aug 2017 (natural).

So hope yall hang on, try/preserve.

Do keep urself warm and relax. My babe wear socks, drink red bean soup with beans to thicken lining. Fyi.

Why wear socks? Drink read bean soup daily?

Hi,

Can I check with those who have went for progesterone serum test a week post iui.

Is it that the day I arrive, wait for my Q, take a blood test and I can go?

Or do I have to wait for doctor's review?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi,

Can I check with those who have went for progesterone serum test a week post iui.

Is it that the day I arrive, wait for my Q, take a blood test and I can go?

Or do I have to wait for doctor's review?

Thanks in advance!!

I just did my #1 iui ytd.. I was not asked to go back for any blood test post iui. I was only asked to do urine test at home 2 weeks later.

I just did my #1 iui ytd.. I was not asked to go back for any blood test post iui. I was only asked to do urine test at home 2 weeks later.

Hope your procedure went well!

I think the blood test request depends on the hopsital that you are visiting. For me, the nurses at KKH ordered the blood test for me 19 days after my IUI procedure :).

Hello.. was utrogestan prescribe after iui to eat for a course of 15 days? Anyone feel hungry or giddy after taking the supplements??

Back