Confinement Lady (Overseas or Singapore) - Jenny Low

Mama.Bear

(Written in March 2018) At the time of writing this review, Auntie Jenny has been with us for 2 months and we are extending her by another month (you will know why after reading this review). If we have the ability and she the time, we would love to have Auntie Jenny as our nanny for a whole year. The many positive reviews in this forum attest to why I say this, and here are my personal opinions and experience with Auntie Jenny. Her mobile is +60 13609 9588. She speaks English, Mandarin and Cantonese.

I found Auntie Jenny online all thanks to another review by a lady in London. I live in Manchester, UK, and it is almost impossible to find a confinement lady here. Like most of you who are reading this, I also had concerns and worries and wondered if Auntie Jenny would be as good as the reviews state, and wondered if I could get along well with her. As soon as Auntie Jenny arrived at our flat, she immediately started “working”…unpacking things and getting them organised, and she wanted to cook me meals immediately. This was after a long 14h flight from Singapore to Manchester. She never showed any signs of fatigue and wanted to “get down to work” immediately. I was very impressed with her right from the start.

Like what the other reviews say, Auntie Jenny is very hardworking and would go the extra mile to help me get enough rest, provided me great advice and emotional support during her time with us. I had engorgement ever so often and Jenny helped me deal with it and relieved my pain; she also had lots of useful advice from what type of milk bottles to use for the most efficient feed to excellent knowledge of herbs and what they should be used for and how they should be cooked. Auntie Jenny cooked me lots of delicious food (seriously, they are restaurant standard in my opinion), I often joked with her that she could be a chef if she wants a career change. Note that my husband and I are generous with food shopping and we were willing to spend and got Auntie Jenny whatever she needs in the kitchen, please don’t expect Auntie Jenny to create wonders from nothing/ minimal ingredients if you prefer to save on food shopping. Note too that after cooking these food, she doesn’t eat them and usually have very simple food herself like vegetables with a fried egg. I had to ask her to have the meat/ fish she cooks at each meal and her reply would always be that such good food is best given to the breastfeeding mother. I think this just shows how her caring she is and not greedy at all.

Auntie Jenny is also very flexible, if you’re like me (I preferred a modern confinement experience), she would mix in food that I like but still very nutritious. Of course if you like the traditional way of confinement, Auntie Jenny will cook you the 100% confinement type of food too, you just have to let her know your preference and she will adapt to your style. If there are certain things you’d prefer to be done in your own way which is different from hers, Auntie Jenny would also gladly change and follow what you like and adapt to them. Again, this just demonstrates how open minded she is. She’s also hygienic and very trustworthy too, my husband and I would leave her and baby at home while we go out during the confinement period. I did not have a single worry whenever I’m out as I know my baby would be in safe hands. While Auntie Jenny was with us these 2 months, she also had her iPad with her watching her favourite dramas. I think this is good because it helps her to pass time while baby is sleeping; I had no issue because her care for our baby was never compromised. I believe that with a happy nanny, our baby would also be happy.

Auntie Jenny is like a family member to us now and I would highly recommend her to anyone. She is very international, often doing overseas confinement in various countries including Singapore, Australia, UK, Hong Kong, Malaysia etc etc. I’m returning back to Singapore soon and she will follow me and work for a few more weeks before going home in KL. All in all, Auntie Jenny is very dedicated to her job, she puts in 100% of her heart and soul into everything she does (taking care of baby, cooking,…etc) and that is what I believe differentiates her from others. My husband and I hope that if we do have another baby in the future, we would be second time lucky to secure her as our confinement lady again.

Back