IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yup, I have always been a private patient. In fact THH’s patients are all under private. are you referring to the new IVF centre at children’s tower? I’ve seen him there once at ER. Previously at clinic D, clinic B and even clinic L.
No... im referring to the IVF centre inside clinic D.
Hmm in this case i dont think i am a private patient as i took referral letter from polyclinic to have appt in clinic D. In fact this is going to be my 2nd time doing IVF already. Will be FET. 1st time i also didnt choose doc and was a success. Btw, during my visit the last month the doc suggested to thaw all 4 embroys and pick up the best 2 for transfer. So if the remaining 2 are still ok, can they be frozen back again?

I have low ovarian reserve.i have very thin lining despite all the max drug dosage to thicken them.i did 1 iui. 2 fresh. 1 medicated Fet. Which resulted in bfp and i just delivered my Lo 1 month back. What i did for last cycle was since i knew my condition on unable to implant due to thin lining was 5.8 at last Fet which dr insist on continuing the cycle...i went to private for intralipids treatment of 2 cycle before Et and after Et i think and i went ahead with additional support of prolacton jab which government hospital dont usualy provide unless fresh bleeding occurs. So generally i think my Fet success was due to that.And im under dr tan hh.1st thing 1st must know whats your main issues.like mine only implantation and lining issues.

Hi Hajar

Which doctor did u go to for intralipids and how much did it cost?
Did the doctor have to diagnose a condition before intralipids treatment, or is it such that anyone get request and obtain intralipids treatment?

Did u go for any tests to diagnose immunology issues at all.

Thanks!

No... im referring to the IVF centre inside clinic D.
Hmm in this case i dont think i am a private patient as i took referral letter from polyclinic to have appt in clinic D. In fact this is going to be my 2nd time doing IVF already. Will be FET. 1st time i also didnt choose doc and was a success. Btw, during my visit the last month the doc suggested to thaw all 4 embroys and pick up the best 2 for transfer. So if the remaining 2 are still ok, can they be frozen back again?
Yes you are right

Apparently.. doc said from d scan, shows that i may be ovulating.. therefore wants me to take ovulation test to confirm..
Now they kinda change me from medicated to natural ET...
I wonder whether will affect d success rate.
I have done natural thaw ET in jan & was unsuccessful..
You can insist on medicated FET

You can insist on medicated FET
I'm abit confused now.. on d pre-ET transfer form, they tick both box for artificial & natural thaw.
My transfer is scheduled on coming tues.. and i am on Progynova, crinone and dydrpgesterone.
Based on d medicine, do you know whether am i still on medicated FET?

Hi Hajar

Which doctor did u go to for intralipids and how much did it cost?
Did the doctor have to diagnose a condition before intralipids treatment, or is it such that anyone get request and obtain intralipids treatment?

Did u go for any tests to diagnose immunology issues at all.

Thanks!
I went to private as some ladies from here suggested.it is tow yung clinic.it cost $200 per session.
And nope no dr diagnose me with any immunological issues.its bcoz i knw my main issues are implantation due to asherman syndrome as well as naturaly thin lining.thus to have that maximal support after Et i just proceeded on with intralipids as recomended by the private dr himself just to boost the support i have on top of the basic crinone gell inserts which kkh provides usually.so basically after Et i had my intralipids session prolucton jab and crinone gel for that maximal support i wanted to so called sustain my last embryo.

Hi...can anyone advise if its okay to consume supplements like prenatal..fish oil and ubiquinol while on Neothisterone ivf meds? Or i should stop all supps when on ivf meds?

I went to private as some ladies from here suggested.it is tow yung clinic.it cost $200 per session.
And nope no dr diagnose me with any immunological issues.its bcoz i knw my main issues are implantation due to asherman syndrome as well as naturaly thin lining.thus to have that maximal support after Et i just proceeded on with intralipids as recomended by the private dr himself just to boost the support i have on top of the basic crinone gell inserts which kkh provides usually.so basically after Et i had my intralipids session prolucton jab and crinone gel for that maximal support i wanted to so called sustain my last embryo.

How much u spent in total for this last cycle in tow yung? So meaning they did the ivf for u?

Hi hajar...how much u spent in total for yr last ivf in tow yung?

Hi hajar...how much u spent in total for yr last ivf in tow yung?

did you get the prolucton jab from the clinic as well?
do they accept walk-ins?
i thinking of doing doing the jab on my third fresh coming cycle.

I'm abit confused now.. on d pre-ET transfer form, they tick both box for artificial & natural thaw.
My transfer is scheduled on coming tues.. and i am on Progynova, crinone and dydrpgesterone.
Based on d medicine, do you know whether am i still on medicated FET?
I think best to check with kkh. You can call KKIVF to clarify your doubts..

I think best to check with kkh. You can call KKIVF to clarify your doubts..
Thank u so much Towkayneo.. :)
As ur advice, i also drink 1 cup of soya milk every morning to achieve thicker lining.. may i ask.. do u continue drinking after ET?
Do u take chicken essence as well?
And is there other food or supplement u take after ET, during d tww..
Thank u a million..

did you get the prolucton jab from the clinic as well?
do they accept walk-ins?
i thinking of doing doing the jab on my third fresh coming cycle.
Yes i got my intralipids and proluvton jab from them.basicaly i go there tell them first timer want to see dr abt my issues.they took down particulars all and then see dr.seeing dr i told him evrytin why im there.he said alot kkh ivf pts go his clinic for additional supports of intralipids and jab. Success or not depends but no harm trying. I went ahead with open mind after knowing some ladies from forum here went.

Thank u so much Towkayneo.. :)
As ur advice, i also drink 1 cup of soya milk every morning to achieve thicker lining.. may i ask.. do u continue drinking after ET?
Do u take chicken essence as well?
And is there other food or supplement u take after ET, during d tww..
Thank u a million..
After ET, I just drink as and when I like, not everyday. No, I did not take chicken essence. I think I just followed what the doc prescribed; folic acid etc, no additional supplement.

In fact, I went for my ultrasound scan this morning; lining at 9.7mm. So I’m going for my ET next week :)

Jia you too! Which stage are you at?

After ET, I just drink as and when I like, not everyday. No, I did not take chicken essence. I think I just followed what the doc prescribed; folic acid etc, no additional supplement.

In fact, I went for my ultrasound scan this morning; lining at 9.7mm. So I’m going for my ET next week :)

Wow ur ET next week and ur lining is already 9.7mm.. so good..

I'm doing ET tomorrow morning.. so now kinda thinking wats good to take and wat to avoid after transfer..

It should be like any available doctor at that point in time.
Hmm do you think i can change to be a private patient and choose doc now? Suddenly feel like opting for the first doc who did the transfer for me previously. Now im at the stage whereby i have to call IVF centre when my menses arrive the next cycle.

Can i know today is how days past your menses? Wanna estimate when i will be doing the ET nxt cycle.

Hmm do you think i can change to be a private patient and choose doc now? Suddenly feel like opting for the first doc who did the transfer for me previously. Now im at the stage whereby i have to call IVF centre when my menses arrive the next cycle.
I think you should stick to a doc whom you feel comfy and confident in. Afterall the mind plays an important part in bfp

My ET was done by the Doctor who did my transfer previously. But she did not do my ER this time cos she was on leave.

I think you should stick to a doc whom you feel comfy and confident in. Afterall the mind plays an important part in bfp
Yaaa i’ll probably call KK and check later. Btw taokayneo, u said this is going to be your 3rd child so how old is ur youngest now? How do you deal with them during the 2ww? Really nv carry them at all? Able to only bed rest all day meh?

When did you do the intralipids? I did not have any implantation my last two transfers so wondering if I should do this!

When did you do the intralipids? I did not have any implantation my last two transfers so wondering if I should do this!
I did mine a day before Et and after Et only. The private asked to do more But i dont have much leave to spare.So i just dealed with before and after.You can try it out.No harm trying just to have the maximal suppot to make the embbies implant and grow. All the best to u ladies..

I did mine a day before Et and after Et only. The private asked to do more But i dont have much leave to spare.So i just dealed with before and after.You can try it out.No harm trying just to have the maximal suppot to make the embbies implant and grow. All the best to u ladies..
Interesting! I think I might do it - like you said no harm trying. Will ask prof about this, thanks! Does anyone know if NUH has this Intralipid treatment and how much it is?

;) cycle buddy! mine should be next week too. by my calculations, my ER should be Sat or Mon.
Jia You! Jia You!

Yaaa i’ll probably call KK and check later. Btw taokayneo, u said this is going to be your 3rd child so how old is ur youngest now? How do you deal with them during the 2ww? Really nv carry them at all? Able to only bed rest all day meh?
Yup, going to be my #3. My youngest is 19 months.

My 2WW hasn't started, not sure how it is going to be. But I guess it's not possible to bed rest all day long. It's doesn't do good to the mind too cos will keep wondering if it's a BFP or BFN.

Yes i got my intralipids and proluvton jab from them.basicaly i go there tell them first timer want to see dr abt my issues.they took down particulars all and then see dr.seeing dr i told him evrytin why im there.he said alot kkh ivf pts go his clinic for additional supports of intralipids and jab. Success or not depends but no harm trying. I went ahead with open mind after knowing some ladies from forum here went.

when did you reach out to them? before u start ur fet?

Hi,

What is those jab for?

Hi all, I would like to seek opinions from you.

Today is the first day of period. I’ll be doing my first frozen medicated cycle. However, the staff informed me that my FET may coincide with Dr Tan HH’s leave, which is on 3rd & 4th April.

The staff also said when Dr Tan is away, it’s either Dr Sadhana or Dr Jerry Chan who will do the transfer. However the staff also mentioned that sometimes even though he’s on leave, he still comes back to do transfer for some patients.

May I ask from experience, usually when will the transfer be? Do you think there is a high chance of coinciding with Dr Tan’s leave?

I wish to have a year end baby if it’s successful, though it may not be the case.

Today is the first day of period. I’ll be doing my first frozen medicated cycle. However, the staff informed me that my FET may coincide with Dr Tan HH’s leave, which is on 3rd & 4th April.

The staff also said when Dr Tan is away, it’s either Dr Sadhana or Dr Jerry Chan who will do the transfer. However the staff also mentioned that sometimes even though he’s on leave, he still comes back to do transfer for some patients.

May I ask from experience, usually when will the transfer be? Do you think there is a high chance of coinciding with Dr Tan’s leave?

I wish to have a year end baby if it’s successful, though it may not be the case.
If the nurse mentioned about your FET coinciding with his leave, chances are quite high. Afterall, they are very experienced in calculating ER, ET, BT etc.

For myself, my FET coincided with THH's absence. Matthew Lau did the ET for me and that particular embryo turned out to be my eldest son, who is 4 years old.

I agree with Towkayneo. I was also informed of his leave period but they told me that there should be no impact to my cycle. Since it's frozen, you still have option to postpone if you really want it to be THH. At least they have informed you of the 2 covering doctors.
A cycle would usually have transfers between CD11 to CD20 depending on individual.

On sidenote, I just found out about the new KKIVF@three centre! brand new place for ER and ET now. anyone been there?

Back