Oct 2018

Hi October Mommies,

A film maker friend of mine is looking for a pregnant mommy for his short film on teenage pregnancy.

Your next Gynae appointment might just be paid for!

For more of what is expected, please contact me at +6591436623

Cheers!

Just tested positive on Tuesday morning and tested again on Wednesday morning it’s still positive. Can’t quite believe it.

Having cough, cold, flu and fever now and doctor prescribed some antibiotics and insisted that I take it only when my period comes or can confirm not pregnant. Waited 2 days period still not here and decided to take the test and found out it’s positive.

A few weeks back kept having dull cramps for more than a week at my lower abdominal. Aso feeling cold all the time.

Now that I’m still having cough and flu, really worried how it will affect the baby. Seeing gynae next Wednesday. According to LMP I’m 6 weeks 5 days but my cycle has always been irregular ranging from 29 days to 50+ days.

Hi mummies,

This is my #4. My Do Re Mi are all under the age of 5. Currently I'm 10 weeks. Am expecting my Fa in early oct. likely baby will be out by end sept cos usually I deliver 2 weeks earlier.

I would like to join the watzapp group and fb group. Pls add me.

Thanks.

Hi all mummies,

Im about 6 weeks from the doctors scan and considering btw gg to private / subsidized route..

have any one been the subsidized route ?

what do they do during the first appointment and what are the charges for
the necessary blood tests ?

TIA

Hi all mummies,

Im about 6 weeks from the doctors scan and considering btw gg to private / subsidized route..

have any one been the subsidized route ?

what do they do during the first appointment and what are the charges for
the necessary blood tests ?

TIA
I’m also wish to know because I’m have appointment on next Tuesday at KKH ( referral by Polyclinics). My first appointment after tested positive. I’m don’t know should I go for subsidized or private.

I’m also wish to know because I’m have appointment on next Tuesday at KKH ( referral by Polyclinics). My first appointment after tested positive. I’m don’t know should I go for subsidized or private.

Hi can consider to go subsidized first to save cost. I switched to private at my 20 weeks since I wish to ensure it's experienced gynae who do my stitching. Of course the gynae you chose at 20 weeks may reject u and u may need to consider other gynae.

Dear Mummies,

I have a few very experienced confinement nanny/lady to introduce. They're all Malaysian Chinese, also have Indian Confinement Nanny.

One of them is my own mother. She has more than 20 years of experience in taking care of newborn and my own babies too. She is currently booked for April - May & July. Other months are available.

Other aunties are my friends, i knew them for years. Have been helping them to get jobs in Singapore too. Need to check their schedule once you've provide your EDD to me.

They've many years of working experience in Singapore too! They able to cook very tasty confinement food. Take care of the newborn very well (cuz my mother & these aunties are really the expert!) Helping on simple household chores upon request.

Please whatsapp me 98160846 if you need more details. I can provide their photos and info.

My first baby in 2015 was delivered in KKH at the subsidised class. Everything was fine, service is fine except for the diff docs u see every visit and the waiting time is pretty long. I was lucky as the the doc requested to See Me till I was at 20 weeks. So the first few visits I saw the same doc. And Ya, the delivery was assisted by experienced mid wife and during stiching there will be like 5-8 apprentice looking at your V.

My 2nd one now am not decided to whether to go private or sub. I got the referral to Kkh on 23rd also book an appt with Dr Natalie Chua at PEH on 14th.

Hello everyone! I am now week 9+5 and EDD is 5 October :)

I’ve filled in the form too. Hope to join the WhatsApp group with other fellow Oct mummies.

Hello i just joined this forum today:) Am due oct 8 with my 1st born. Hope to get insightful info here from all the oct mommies:)

Hello dear all oct mommies, just wondering if u can share how much u pay for ur regular ultrasound srssions. Be it govt or private clinics. I heard some pay $60 while others pay $280. And also do u gey those photo cards of ur scans to keep? Or juz printed on normal A4 paper like a report.

Hope to get some sharing here. This is my 1st baby so i have many 1st times to go thru.

Just tested positive on Tuesday morning and tested again on Wednesday morning it’s still positive. Can’t quite believe it.

Having cough, cold, flu and fever now and doctor prescribed some antibiotics and insisted that I take it only when my period comes or can confirm not pregnant. Waited 2 days period still not here and decided to take the test and found out it’s positive.

A few weeks back kept having dull cramps for more than a week at my lower abdominal. Aso feeling cold all the time.

Now that I’m still having cough and flu, really worried how it will affect the baby. Seeing gynae next Wednesday. According to LMP I’m 6 weeks 5 days but my cycle has always been irregular ranging from 29 days to 50+ days.

I had bad cramps too, thought it was cos of appendicities or some fibroids lol. Still feeling surreal

I’ve filled up the form - has anyone been added to the group? Otherwise I don’t mind setting up another one. Just PM me your numbers :)

First time Mama here too so lots of things I’ve got to learn

Hi all, Congratulations !! I am 9 weeks now, and my EDD is 14th October 2018. I have gone for my initial scan at tampines women's clinic, but i want to deliver at KKH. Can you please share some good doctors? Thanks in Advance.

Hi everyone

My wife edd is on 4 October 2018 and I am intending to get a day time confinement lady.

Hence coming here to ask if anyone can intro? I saw this company nannysos that offer such services too. Anyone has any reviews ?

Thank you very much in advance!!

Hi all, Congratulations !! I am 9 weeks now, and my EDD is 14th October 2018. I have gone for my initial scan at tampines women's clinic, but i want to deliver at KKH. Can you please share some good doctors? Thanks in Advance.

Hi hi. I did my research on KKH on online forum and the recommended ones are Dr Han HC, Dr K Chong , Dr John Tee, Dr Shepali and Dr Tan KT.

Hello dear all oct mommies, just wondering if u can share how much u pay for ur regular ultrasound srssions. Be it govt or private clinics. I heard some pay $60 while others pay $280. And also do u gey those photo cards of ur scans to keep? Or juz printed on normal A4 paper like a report.

Hope to get some sharing here. This is my 1st baby so i have many 1st times to go thru.

Hi my wife and I is seeing Dr loke at tampines. $60 consultation and $60 ultrasound . The photo card he asked if we want and we always will take home.

Hi my wife and I is seeing Dr loke at tampines. $60 consultation and $60 ultrasound . The photo card he asked if we want and we always will take home.
Thanks for your respond Zach. Your wife gynae at tampines is private gynae neighbhd clinic? The rates are really affordable. The gynae he himself consults and do the scan himself? Ultrasound is just apply jello on belly, scan and measure baby size rite? Nothing out of the extraordinary or advice? Coz my gynae charges $280 for one scan, no joke!

Thanks for your respond Zach. Your wife gynae at tampines is private gynae neighbhd clinic? The rates are really affordable. The gynae he himself consults and do the scan himself? Ultrasound is just apply jello on belly, scan and measure baby size rite? Nothing out of the extraordinary or advice? Coz my gynae charges $280 for one scan, no joke!

Yes to all your questions. $280 is expensive

Hi All! 1st time mummy here too!! o_O
is any whatsapp group created?? filled up the form since a week ago but wasn't added to any.

I’ve filled up the form - has anyone been added to the group? Otherwise I don’t mind setting up another one. Just PM me your numbers :)

Let me know if you do set up another chat... i'd like to join. thanks!

Dear mummies, we have closed the form due to overwhelming numbers, I will be gradually adding the last few that managed to fill the form. Do be patient, we have 70 ladies in the chat now so we are trying to gradually add everyone who filled it up as of 4th April 12pm. Apologies to some ladies who have filled form and still waiting to be added, hope you understand!

Hi can consider to go subsidized first to save cost. I switched to private at my 20 weeks since I wish to ensure it's experienced gynae who do my stitching. Of course the gynae you chose at 20 weeks may reject u and u may need to consider other gynae.

That's what I did when I delivered my first baby. Saved on scanning costs.

Hihi! I think the chat group is full. Shall we start another group? I benefited a lot when I had my first girl 3 years ago. Some of the experienced mothers shared very good advice which I greatly appreciated. Would you like to create a form and pin it so that we can add to the form? Thanks so much. :) I will pm you my number first. :)

Back