Gleneagles latest bill, any mummy can share?

I gave birth to my first born there , checked in night before , to induce , 29 hours later , doc ask to do emergency c sect coz only opened 2cm. Anyway , emergency c sect plus 3 days stay - came out to $12k. On my 3rd day of child birth , I had to run through 6/10 pages of invoices to check my bill; Guess what I found out ? The night before check in to induce supposed to be free - they charge me for it , some stuff i didn’t use or ask for it - they charge in full. (I brought my own mummy pad) ; I brought the bill down by more than $200 - not a lot but would have been innocently lost. That’s my experience which does not represent everyone else . They thought you chose glen means you can afford so they somehow charge . I heard natural birth about $5-7k in glen while Thomson medical or mount Alvernia in the range of $4k plus ? Smtg like that . Hope others can share .

My bill for natural birth with epidural came up to about $8k plus. This includes 2 night stay, daily visits by my gynae, PD and charges for circumcision.

I gave birth to my first born there , checked in night before , to induce , 29 hours later , doc ask to do emergency c sect coz only opened 2cm. Anyway , emergency c sect plus 3 days stay - came out to $12k. On my 3rd day of child birth , I had to run through 6/10 pages of invoices to check my bill; Guess what I found out ? The night before check in to induce supposed to be free - they charge me for it , some stuff i didn’t use or ask for it - they charge in full. (I brought my own mummy pad) ; I brought the bill down by more than $200 - not a lot but would have been innocently lost. That’s my experience which does not represent everyone else . They thought you chose glen means you can afford so they somehow charge . I heard natural birth about $5-7k in glen while Thomson medical or mount Alvernia in the range of $4k plus ? Smtg like that . Hope others can share .
Is good that you have check through the invoice. I also heard about the $5-7k range.

Which ward do you stay in? Is the $8k+ before or after medisave?

Single ward. 8k plus would include the amount paid via medisave. Taking medisave out, we paid about $6k in cash.
And my ward charges are based on 2017 pricing as we had locked in the pricing before the price increment which was implemented end of last year

Single ward. 8k plus would include the amount paid via medisave. Taking medisave out, we paid about $6k in cash.
And my ward charges are based on 2017 pricing as we had locked in the pricing before the price increment which was implemented end of last year
I heard from my gynae that the charges alone for his natural delivery fees is $2500 and $120/day of visit.

I heard from my gynae that the charges alone for his natural delivery fees is $2500 and $120/day of visit.

I think my gynae charged about $300 per visit. And he visited daily. His fees for natural delivery (including prenatal consultation) is about $2k. Oh, and forceps were used in my delivery, so there’s additional costs for that.

I think my gynae charged about $300 per visit. And he visited daily. His fees for natural delivery (including prenatal consultation) is about $2k. Oh, and forceps were used in my delivery, so there’s additional costs for that.
The charges range seems to be about there. I heard there is a separate charge for baby doctor too.

Screenshot_2018-02-24-06-38-21-75.png

2018 updates

Back