Has any Singaporean moms gave birth in Johor Bahru before?

Shazzarina

I am Singaporean and would like to deliver in JB. I just can’t afford to deliver in Singapore. Are there any Singaporeans that have delivered their baby in Malaysia?
What are the procedures like?

Last edited:

NUH or KKH?
Get a referral from poly to be a subsidized patient?

I am with NUH and my consultation is around $35 per visit, medication are subsided also.
If you are below a certain income ceiling, you will be entitled more discount.

I am going to deliver soon and my estimated bill for a 6 bedder non air con is around $700+ cash without other medicial expenses (like epidural), if you take 8 bedder, i think the cash portion will be even lesser.

Govt hospital have social workers to help with the financial issues if you can pass their mean test (income test).

NUH or KKH?
Get a referral from poly to be a subsidized patient?

I am with NUH and my consultation is around $35 per visit, medication are subsided also.
If you are below a certain income ceiling, you will be entitled more discount.

I am going to deliver soon and my estimated bill for a 6 bedder non air con is around $700+ cash without other medicial expenses (like epidural), if you take 8 bedder, i think the cash portion will be even lesser.

Govt hospital have social workers to help with the financial issues if you can pass their mean test (income test).

Thank you Sunflower. I’ll go to the polyclinic thanks for the advice. It’s so helpful. Good luck with you delivery.

Thank you Sunflower. I’ll go to the polyclinic thanks for the advice. It’s so helpful. Good luck with you delivery.

No worries. Maybe you can highlight your financial issues during the polyclinic visit. :)
Take care.

Do not that subsided patient cannot choose their own gynae and they will not scan you regularly.

Thanks for reply. How long is the waiting time to see doc?

It’s depending on the doctor that you visit. If you go to a government hospital, it would take a few weeks to get an appointment. For private, it’s usually less busy so you can get an appointment immediately.

It’s depending on the doctor that you visit. If you go to a government hospital, it would take a few weeks to get an appointment. For private, it’s usually less busy so you can get an appointment immediately.

Can I check with you what is the total cost for checkup at Public hospital during pregnancy? Thanks.

Can I check with you what is the total cost for checkup at Public hospital during pregnancy? Thanks.

You have to call up the public hospital and ask. I called up the hospital at Gleneagles before going down and it’s RM 700.

So best that you call the hospital that you want to go.

Back