IVF with Dr L C Cheng

Unfortunately i cant remember the exact costs of saizen but its definitely not as costly as pergoveris jabs. I vaguely remembered that i had saizen for a couple of days which included pre-stims and also during stimulation phase.

Are you ready for FeT or still doing blastocysts pooling ?

I am still blastocysts pooling. Dec could not do because no Dr around. Jan could not do because I have functional cyst.
Took 35 days of BCP to strink the cyst (a few days more was for the convenience of everyone due to CNY).

wanted to try full blast IVF but worry that the BCP will oversuppress my ovaries again.

Today will see Dr.

wanted to try Saizen too but think even will not be this round if Dr wants as you mentioned it should be use pre-simulation.

Last edited:
daylesford@ Did she give you ivf protocol before the ET due to ANA positive and NKC?

My protocol was to tackle my elevated thyro antibodies. I was not tested positive for ANA.

U have immunity issues and have u seen her ? She will come out with protocols which best address to individual patient’s needs.

Last edited:
My protocol was to tackle my elevated thyro antibodies. I was not tested positive for ANA.

U have immunity issues and have u seen her ? She will come out with protocols which best address to individual patient’s needs.

Yes i have seen her and tested ANA positive

Hi sweetbaby_soul

I'm also a patient of Dr Cheng's.. since like maybe 2015? haha
Anyway just here to share my story as I am still a mom-to-be hopeful, and I feel for you.

Long story short, I did 4 IVFs with Dr Cheng, 2 BFNs and 2 BFPs but unfortunately both BFPs resulted in miscarriages in the last one year. Disheartened, i decided to find out why (although Dr Cheng didn't recommend to investigate excessively unless a third one happens.. but who can tolerate another such heartbreak?) Anyway, I went to see Dr Sheila Vasoo, and voila, I found out a few things abt my body - I have sticky blood, MTHFR gene mutation, and also Vit D deficiency. I still rmber i was struggling whether to feel happy to have found something(just like u!) but Dr Sheila assured me that i should be happy that I found something rather than to live with not knowing. And KNOWING MEANS THERE IS A CURE.

Anyway, here are the tests I've done, sharing them with u for ref. I drew 8 tubes of blood. Karyotyping is the expensive one, but it was a necc test for me as I had recurrent m/cs.

Lymphocyte Subset (TTSH)
25-OH Vitamin D
Thrombophilia screen
Anti-B2 Glycoprotein 1GG
Anti-B2 Clycoprotein 1GM
SLE Panel
Anti-ENA Panel
Anti-Nuclear AN (ANA)
MTHFR Genotyping (NUH)
Karyotyping

My suggestion is for u to describe yr scenario to Dr Vasoo, and she will then best decide which tests are suitable for you. I felt somewhat liberated after knowing my problem areas, and have been on meds ever since.

I'm still fighting the fight, slowing counting down the days to my next FET that feels really far away (in Mar 2018). I just finished 2 hyteroscopies to remove a fibroid in my womb cavity, and I've also just finished a fresh cycle with Dr Cheng (with quite good yield, thank God) in Oct.

Investigating and finding out more can definitely do no wrong. We owe it to ourselves to make the most informed decision and for us not to have regrets. Fighting!!

Pls feel free to ask more if u need! Jiayou and good luck for yr BT! It ain't over until the fat lady sings, so you never know! ;)

Hi finesse9702, are you taking 3mg L-Methylfolate for your MTHFR gene mutation?
I just found out I have MTHFR gene mutation with Dr Sheila.
I always have problems taking folic acid as they make me sick, now I know the resason why.
Do you have any symptoms taking folic acid?

Hi sweetbaby_soul

I'm also a patient of Dr Cheng's.. since like maybe 2015? haha
Anyway just here to share my story as I am still a mom-to-be hopeful, and I feel for you.

Long story short, I did 4 IVFs with Dr Cheng, 2 BFNs and 2 BFPs but unfortunately both BFPs resulted in miscarriages in the last one year. Disheartened, i decided to find out why (although Dr Cheng didn't recommend to investigate excessively unless a third one happens.. but who can tolerate another such heartbreak?) Anyway, I went to see Dr Sheila Vasoo, and voila, I found out a few things abt my body - I have sticky blood, MTHFR gene mutation, and also Vit D deficiency. I still rmber i was struggling whether to feel happy to have found something(just like u!) but Dr Sheila assured me that i should be happy that I found something rather than to live with not knowing. And KNOWING MEANS THERE IS A CURE.

Anyway, here are the tests I've done, sharing them with u for ref. I drew 8 tubes of blood. Karyotyping is the expensive one, but it was a necc test for me as I had recurrent m/cs.

Lymphocyte Subset (TTSH)
25-OH Vitamin D
Thrombophilia screen
Anti-B2 Glycoprotein 1GG
Anti-B2 Clycoprotein 1GM
SLE Panel
Anti-ENA Panel
Anti-Nuclear AN (ANA)
MTHFR Genotyping (NUH)
Karyotyping

My suggestion is for u to describe yr scenario to Dr Vasoo, and she will then best decide which tests are suitable for you. I felt somewhat liberated after knowing my problem areas, and have been on meds ever since.

I'm still fighting the fight, slowing counting down the days to my next FET that feels really far away (in Mar 2018). I just finished 2 hyteroscopies to remove a fibroid in my womb cavity, and I've also just finished a fresh cycle with Dr Cheng (with quite good yield, thank God) in Oct.

Investigating and finding out more can definitely do no wrong. We owe it to ourselves to make the most informed decision and for us not to have regrets. Fighting!!

Pls feel free to ask more if u need! Jiayou and good luck for yr BT! It ain't over until the fat lady sings, so you never know! ;)

Found this, simple explanation of MTHFR gene mutation.

Beginner’s Guide To MTHFR Mutations, Symptoms and Diet: Explained in Plain English
https://www.dietvsdisease.org/mthfr-mutation-symptoms-and-diet/
MTHFR C677T and A1298C: Explained In Plain English
https://www.dietvsdisease.org/mthfr-c677t-a1298c-mutation/

Yes i have seen her and tested ANA positive

hi sis, I am also tested weak positive for ANA. but I haven't tried to rectify this.. my ivf doc suggested that I repeat my ANA blood test and he said I can consider taking steroid to bring it down but he's not keen...

sorry just saw your message.

you meant you did your last IVF in Monash (Australia)?
how is your pregnancy result?
Hi DKCH ... failed, as expected. Very disappointed with the protocol i was prescribed. Total cost AUD18500, no subsidy.

I took supplements like blackmose conceive well, TCM herbs, Ubiquinol CoQ10, folic acid, went for acupuncture.
During stims, try to take more egg whites or proteins rich food too.

Btw during stims, can i do exercise? Like running, yoga, etc? And with all the injections, I heard I can gain a lot of weight. Is it true? Thank u

i continued my cardio exercises until mid of the stims cos i was over stimulated so i stopped.

Yes i did gained 1-2kg ...

Back