IVF Jan 2018 cycle

hi I have change my Nick hehe. waiting for ur gd news

So you change from daledale to yuiyui? I used an expired clear blue stick ... negative ... 2012 ; I know... crazy me right . I don’t want to waste my one n only new one fr Kk last time . Expiry 2019. I have another 2 expired 3/2017 - instead of throwing - I m sure it can still give some indication if I m pregnant - I think I can start drinking my wine to drown myself starting tonight ...

So you change from daledale to yuiyui? I used an expired clear blue stick ... negative ... 2012 ; I know... crazy me right . I don’t want to waste my one n only new one fr Kk last time . Expiry 2019. I have another 2 expired 3/2017 - instead of throwing - I m sure it can still give some indication if I m pregnant - I think I can start drinking my wine to drown myself starting tonight ...

Or Fel C to yuiyui?

Hello all , I m back after many many months ... saw some familiar names and congrats to those successfully conceived ! I thought I remembered Fel C , daledale? My last login probably last year around may ? When I did my IVF with dr Jerry (not Tan; the younger one) . Will share more my experience with him if anyone keen to hear.

Then I stopped TTC entirely , another IUI in sept for sake of it , really for sake of it. Doc said chances Low , I just want to do it . Anyway , I switched to private since the failed one in may last year.

Can’t remember what’s tww? The waiting period after ET? Embryo transfer ? Correct ? I m left 3 days to blood test this Friday ; I m dying of curiosity; and I m up n about after 5 days of so called bed rest / home bound. Coz it was the CNY ! So my hopes are quite Low though I was praying hard... so I thought of this forum ... I m going crazy with the wait , should I test myself ??
So this friday will be ur 14dpt? I was lucky to get a positive on a home pregnancy kit at 9dpt. But everyone is different.. Is urs a 3dt or 5dt? If 5dt, the implantation should have happened within 5 days after the transfer.. U can just test to relieve a bit of the anxiety, but don't worry too much about it if u dont see a positive ok. Blood test is still most accurate :) good luck!

Oops sorry i didnt see this post! Sorry to hear abt the negative.. Maybe u should try the not expired one to be sure? Anyway there are plenty of cases out there that ended up with a positive beta result regardless of the home kit results. Hang in there ❤

So this friday will be ur 14dpt? I was lucky to get a positive on a home pregnancy kit at 9dpt. But everyone is different.. Is urs a 3dt or 5dt? If 5dt, the implantation should have happened within 5 days after the transfer.. U can just test to relieve a bit of the anxiety, but don't worry too much about it if u dont see a positive ok. Blood test is still most accurate :) good luck!

Thanks all for listening .... called my Gynae nurse and she is quite pissed I did urine test myself at home ; she said blood test most accurate . I did another test using Marc 2017 expiry one - still negative . I peed on new ovulation china kit / stick also no good news. I have no more tears. I really thank we have this forum to support each other. I felt sometimes I m like alien woman from another planet that couldn’t be more productive. Friends slowly distance after keep hearing our repetitive yet depressing TTC journey ...

Thanks all for listening .... called my Gynae nurse and she is quite pissed I did urine test myself at home ; she said blood test most accurate . I did another test using Marc 2017 expiry one - still negative . I peed on new ovulation china kit / stick also no good news. I have no more tears. I really thank we have this forum to support each other. I felt sometimes I m like alien woman from another planet that couldn’t be more productive. Friends slowly distance after keep hearing our repetitive yet depressing TTC journey ...
Heyy pls dont feel down.. We will all have our moments where we feel worthless, but try not to lose faith ok? All is not lost till your blood test on fri, and even so, it is not the end.. Think happy thoughts and just rant here if u need to :) we're here for each other!

hi, does anyone know what's the approx. cost for first time ivf-er in cash that is to be paid.. like let's say minus off the grant, medisave etc.... we will be embarking on ivf in NUH
It depends on how many jabs u need etc. Im with kk & I've to fork out abt $1.5k in cash after the grants, medisave etc.. So i would say plus minus ard there? There should be a briefing given prior to the procedure where u can also clarify with them. Hope this helps!

Thank you towkayneo and daledale... too afraid to try ... also , I felt really guilty not pairing with TCM to take care of my womb embryos ; I wanted to go see one before ET but hubby said don’t overdo or complicate things. I m not sure if I can handle it if ...
No worries. To be honest, I never go to any TCM for my BFPs. I just follow what the doc says

Hi sweetpaine
It's normal to feel emotional about the whole ttc process, but don't give up ok. There are many ladies also facing similar issue too. Let's pray we will soon be like the ladies who got BFP... Some of them also came a long way... Let's jia you & have faith (what Daledale always say)...

Hi sweetpaine
It's normal to feel emotional about the whole ttc process, but don't give up ok. There are many ladies also facing similar issue too. Let's pray we will soon be like the ladies who got BFP... Some of them also came a long way... Let's jia you & have faith (what Daledale always say)...

Yes that normal to feel emotional. However, have faith. It’ll happen at the right time. I had my result yesterday and it was negative too. My husband and I said that we can always try again. I did a fresh cycle but it didnt worked as my hormones level were too high. I’m doing a frozen transfer in 6 weeks time. Keep the spirit high and be strong

It depends on how many jabs u need etc. Im with kk & I've to fork out abt $1.5k in cash after the grants, medisave etc.. So i would say plus minus ard there? There should be a briefing given prior to the procedure where u can also clarify with them. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for your replies! This assured us alot on the cost :)

Thank you so much for your replies! This assured us alot on the cost :)
Oh hey btw just to let u know that i actually requested for a referral letter to kk from a polyclinic. So not sure if there is much difference if u go direct to the hosp..

Hi Ladies,
I have my ER done on friday. Has been experiencing bloatedness since that day.
Ytd the bloating was so bad that i asked my hub to send me to urgent clinic at KKH.
On arrival I actually had urge to pass motion and after that feel instant relief in the bloating.

But after awhile i started to have cramping pain all around the abdominal area and by night time im bloated again.

For first nights i cant sleep well and had to sleep in sitting pose due to the bloating and ytd was due to the constant cramping.

The pain actually worsen if i move around... like all my organs are cushed tgt.

Im not sure if its gas or water that is causing all these.
Just wanna check if anyone experienced these too and can share some tips with me.

Hi Ladies,
Ytd the bloating was so bad that i asked my hub to send me to urgent clinic at KKH.
On arrival I actually had urge to pass motion and after that feel instant relief in the bloating.

But after awhile i started to have cramping pain all around the abdominal area and by night time im bloated again.

For first nights i cant sleep well and had to sleep in sitting pose due to the bloating and ytd was due to the constant cramping.

Just wanna check if anyone experienced these too and can share some tips with me.
Hi Lecia.. I remember it was not so plesant after my ER as well.. I couldnt sleep very well a couple of nights because of the sharp pain. If i dont recall wrongly, was especially bad the 2nd & 3rd night post ER. But i endured n drank lots of warm water.. Trust me, the pain will be much lesser after the 4th/5th day onwards :) hang in there!

Hi Lecia.. I remember it was not so plesant after my ER as well.. I couldnt sleep very well a couple of nights because of the sharp pain. If i dont recall wrongly, was especially bad the 2nd & 3rd night post ER. But i endured n drank lots of warm water.. Trust me, the pain will be much lesser after the 4th/5th day onwards :) hang in there!

Hi nadw
Did u manage to do transfer during the same cycle?

Hi Ladies,

Lecia, how many eggs you had retrieved? Did the nurse told me you maybe suffered from ohss? If so, usually after ER, u are supposed to drink many water and better is to have pocari sweat, 100 plus etc. You can try these. On the meantime try to rest more. Hope u get better.

Hi nadw
Did u manage to do transfer during the same cycle?
Yup. I remember thinking what if i was still in pain by the time i have to do transfer - but thankfully it was much better by then. Furthermore i ended up doing a 5 day transfer, so better still. Not to worry - doc will surely assess ur condition to ensure u're fit for the transfer :) u're supposed to go back tmr?

No worries. To be honest, I never go to any TCM for my BFPs. I just follow what the doc says

Hi towkayneo, what your doctor usually recommend u? Did u particularly like to eat any food or which are yr supplements u r taking now? I had never been to TCM cos to get the effect of it to benefit your body is usually too slow in my view.

Hi towkayneo, what your doctor usually recommend u? Did u particularly like to eat any food or which are yr supplements u r taking now? I had never been to TCM cos to get the effect of it to benefit your body is usually too slow in my view.
In my opinion, TCM needs at least 6 months to see improvements.

Sorry, I don't get your Q on what the doc recommended? If it's medication, I was on gonal F.

No, I eat whatever I like, but to enhance thickness of lining, I try to drink a cup of soya bean milk every morning. It works.

Supplements, folic acid.

In my opinion, TCM needs at least 6 months to see improvements.

Sorry, I don't get your Q on what the doc recommended? If it's medication, I was on gonal F.

No, I eat whatever I like, but to enhance thickness of lining, I try to drink a cup of soya bean milk every morning. It works.

Supplements, folic acid.

Dear towkayneo, thank you for your reply. You drink hot soya bean milk like from mr bean or those instant powdered one?

For the doctor recommendation, i was like asking whether does your doctor ask you to eat more of vegetables or exercise more or etc?

As for your supplement, what are the brand and type you are eating other than folic acid?

Sorry for so many questions. Thank you.

I googled. Expired hpt no longer valid. Cause i try an expired one show negative.

Dear towkayneo, thank you for your reply. You drink hot soya bean milk like from mr bean or those instant powdered one?

For the doctor recommendation, i was like asking whether does your doctor ask you to eat more of vegetables or exercise more or etc?

As for your supplement, what are the brand and type you are eating other than folic acid?

Sorry for so many questions. Thank you.
Hello Ling Long

I drank a cup of Nutrisoy every morning. It can be bought from NTUC.

My doc is Tan Heng Hao, no, he did not ask me those Q like eat more veggies, exercise more etc. His only concern is if I have constipation, which is no. Cos the more you exert pressure to poo, it may be detrimental to the implanted embryo.

No, just folic acid, Vitamin C and calcium carbonate.

Hello Ling Long

I drank a cup of Nutrisoy every morning. It can be bought from NTUC.

My doc is Tan Heng Hao, no, he did not ask me those Q like eat more veggies, exercise more etc. His only concern is if I have constipation, which is no. Cos the more you exert pressure to poo, it may be detrimental to the implanted embryo.

No, just folic acid, Vitamin C and calcium carbonate.

Thank you.

Hey ladies, I’ve been trying for a kid for few years now but so far no good news. Ive got pcos and my period comes once every 4-6months. Had a blighted ovum MC 2 years ago, after which started TCM but didn’t help. So I did 5 months of femara, didn’t work, developed 2 cysts. 1 resolved in its own and 1 remained. I’m now hoping to do IUI or IVF. I’m seeing Dr Loh of TMC, however due to cost I was thinking of getting referral from poly to KKH, and was wondering if it’s possible to request for Dr Sandhana? Thanks very much ladies. Baby dust to all

Hey ladies, I’ve been trying for a kid for few years now but so far no good news. Ive got pcos and my period comes once every 4-6months. Had a blighted ovum MC 2 years ago, after which started TCM but didn’t help. So I did 5 months of femara, didn’t work, developed 2 cysts. 1 resolved in its own and 1 remained. I’m now hoping to do IUI or IVF. I’m seeing Dr Loh of TMC, however due to cost I was thinking of getting referral from poly to KKH, and was wondering if it’s possible to request for Dr Sandhana? Thanks very much ladies. Baby dust to all

Hihi, if you want to request for Dr Sandhana , it will be consider as private liao.. Dont need go polyclinic for referral letter.

Hihi, if you want to request for Dr Sandhana , it will be consider as private liao.. Dont need go polyclinic for referral letter.

Hey! Apologies for my delayed response. I was away and just got back in town. My period finally came after 4 months plus, last period was in December last year. Today is the 1st day and tomorrow will be day 2. I am thinking of going polyclinic tomorrow to get a referral to KK for IVF procedure. Is that how we usually do it ? My Husband will have to come along for the appointment at KK as well right ?

hi u mean he will not be around in kk?
Dear YuiYui, sorry I havent been able to locate this message at all and have since joined a Mar 2018 IVF page somewhere here.
He was fully booked and I went ahead with Dr Sandhana and am now on my 2WW. My blood test is next week. I have rested 3 full days at home b4 I went out t get myself a new bed as my back was killing me! I am praying that it sticks to me

Dr sandhana also very experience. My tcm say dr sandhana is same batch as dr loh from tmc. In kkh ivf for a very long timem you are in gd hands.
Sorry for the late reply Daledale. I lost thr link and don't know the name of this room. I was slotted for June IVF but was pushed fwd to April instead due to my condition. It was waaaayyy to fast. I only had 4 days of stim and ER two days aft and ET last Weds. My blood test next week. Here's to praying hard it sticks!!

Hi All, unfortunately my 1st IVF attempt failed and maybe because I was such a noob...I was devastated. I am back to work on Monday..took additional leave Thurs n Fri to have a quick recovery getaway. Problem is now, I feel really bloated and uncomfy with cramps (bearable) even aft my menses ended. Is it normal or shld I call KKH already? Or is there something I shld do? Or this qn is more appropriate in another room?

Thank u girls

After IVF, need to bed rest or can go back work? I hear some say bed rest 2 wk n some say can go back work.

Thanks wish88. It’s my 3rd IVF journey and 3rd baby :) for those of you who have just started on your journey, have a positive mindset and follow your doctors advice. If anyone would like to chat about anything, I’m open :)

Hi, can you choose the gender ? I’m new here. Thanks

Hi, can you choose the gender ? I’m new here. Thanks
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Just saw this post. Yes, you can select gender these days (through IVF) but the procedure cannot be done in Singapore. There are some clinics in Singapore with labs in Malaysia who can do it. But the doctor did tell me it is unnecessary risk to the embryos cos they have to be thawed, transported to Malaysia, tested there and then freeze again to be transported back to Singapore. Plus you will need to have a comfortable number of embryos in the first place to do this like if it turns out to be a boy and you don't want a boy... do you have other eggs to test on etc. Also once tested, and you don't want it, then how?.... I don't know a whole lot about it though.

1.1...Dr says my age normal range should be 2 n above. I am 34 next year

Hi, can i check what is the unit for it? Pmol/l or ng?

Can i also check for all those injections for IVF that we need to do ourselves, does it had to be kept in fridge? Cause i live with my parents in law, and we do not want them to know?

Anyway, is the 2 weeks bed rest necessary? Or 1st 3 days can already?

For the ivf to be co fund by government, our first ART should be done in public hospital? But if i did IUI at private hospital, it is not counted right? After IUI at private and i queue for IVF at KKH for the 1st time, i will still be eligible for co funding right?

Can i also check for all those injections for IVF that we need to do ourselves, does it had to be kept in fridge? Cause i live with my parents in law, and we do not want them to know? Hmmm, some are hormonal jabs and need to be put in the fridge. Not cold = no effect. Don't let the jabs go in vain.

Anyway, is the 2 weeks bed rest necessary? Or 1st 3 days can already? For me, life goes on as per norm, I didn't take any rest. Some prefer to rest. Depends on your preference.

For the ivf to be co fund by government, our first ART should be done in public hospital? But if i did IUI at private hospital, it is not counted right? After IUI at private and i queue for IVF at KKH for the 1st time, i will still be eligible for co funding right? - yes cos it's KKH / NUH / SGH

Hi @Nadw, your amh of 0.7 is in what unit? Pmol/l?
Hey i went through my med records but couldnt find.. i believe is ng/ml because i remember for my age should be abt 1.5 or 2 and above. Im 31 this yr. But i did have a big ovarian cyst removed from my right ovary 2 yrs ago, n i suspect it affected my amh/follicle count as the ivf injections didnt stimulate much follicles on my right ovary.. in fact they only found 1 small follicle on my right ovary even after increasing the injection dosage..

Btw im very happy to share that im now 33 wks pregnant after 1 failed iui & 1 attempt at ivf.. i felt very very lucky and i hope u guys out there trying will not give up.. ❤

Back