Anyone with legal knowledge here?

ling_jl

Hi mummies need all your advices here,

I’m a uniformed staff here and recently experienced a super ridiculously drama. Everyday, I’ll go to express milk in the nursing room during my lunch break at the nursing room for about 30min.

Just last friday, my company received a complain email by this member of public whom falsely accused me of 3things: 1.Took 1hrs plus in the nursing room 2. Have lunch in the room 3. Took a photo of my back view when I’m walking back to office. This email was cc to my corporate affair department as well.

I understand what he claims in the email are totally not valid because there is no time limit whereby we as lactacting mothers should adhered to and there is no signs to show no eating in the room. But I’m very disturbed of him taking my pictures. Which led me think if he did took pictures in the nursing room.

This has caused me alot of inconvinence and stress as a lactating mother just because of the wrong assumptions by this ‘idiot’ whom obviously is discriminating uniformed staffs and for all of your info he is a professor (indicated in his email). He assumed that uniformed staff using the nursing room are misusing the room and hence writing all the false claims!

Just checking if I could take any legal action in this case? Actually i could have just ignored this nothing better to do guy but think back if nothing is done on my end, again there will be uniformed lactacting mothers going to be shamed by his action again.

Thanks for all advice in advance!

I’m not a lawyer although I went to law school for abit. Isn’t that consider defamation? To wrongly accuse you? Can you complain to HR?

I hope a lawyer will pop by and help you better on this question.

Back