Paranoid during Pregnancy

DoubleQ

Hi Everyone,

Anyone encounter paranoid during your pregnancy? Any suggestion how to go through this?

As much as I understand, paranoid happen due to hormone changes in each different body of pregnancy woman.

As for me, I keep on getting/having below;

1. bad dreams of my hubby having affair with other woman, hugging and holding hands.
  2. Then I always want him to update me his whereabouts, like why he didn't message me for 2-3hrs gap. What he do, where he go etc..
  3. Follow by if he sleep late, My mind always think that he chat with other woman, or watching sexy woman video/photo.
  4. My body will grow fat and big and won't look as pretty (due to face breakout) and sexy (with all those fats, stretch marks) as before, will he go for other woman.
  5. And this is the most unacceptable but I had this strong in my mind, thinking that the woman that are suddenly appear near us who was pregnant without husband/bf, that she carrying my husband child.
Till my husband said that I'm too paranoid and he didn't do all this. He afraid my health condition going bad to worst.

Can someone share with me, how do I go through this?

This is not your first pregnancy right? how did your husband treat you after your first pregnancy? If he still loves you, he should still love you for your second pregnancy. Just tell yourself this is irrational fear and it's your hormones acting up. Ignore the thoughts as they come along and think of all the happy times with your husband and how much he loves you.

This is not your first pregnancy right? how did your husband treat you after your first pregnancy? If he still loves you, he should still love you for your second pregnancy. Just tell yourself this is irrational fear and it's your hormones acting up. Ignore the thoughts as they come along and think of all the happy times with your husband and how much he loves you.

Yes, this is my #2. B4 having my #2, I caught him chatting with other woman. After confrontation, and he explained that he need my attention etc, he deleted everything and tried to prove he didn't do all those anymore. Yes I didn't give him my attention cause all the attention and time are spare for my #1 also because I'm working so lesser time.

N now having my #2, the strong feeling are damn strong. He even take photo where he is etc, call me message me, screenshot any communication done for work if he needs to change route or work OT. Just because of my situation now. He worried anything might happen to me n baby if this continues.

Should I go get some help? But who can I turn too for this?

Hi DoubleQ,
There are a list of helplines which you can call and seek help. I am sure they will be able to hear you out and give you good advice. Hope it helps.
Meanwhile, for baby’s sake, do take care of yourself.
1. http://www.aware.org.sg/support-services/counselling/
2. https://www.ncss.gov.sg/NCSS/media/NCSS-Documents-and-Forms/NCSS Internal Documents/LIST-OF-HELPLINES.pdf
3. http://www.carecorner.org.sg/cccc.html

Thanks dear... Will check them to seek advice and assistance. Appreciate your kind assistance. ;)

No worries. I totally can feel you. Have a good talk with your husband as well. He might want a bit of attention from you. Tell him how u feel now. Involve him in some of the activities u do with your child as possible, so that he won’t be left out. Hope things work out for you soon so that you could enjoy this pregnancy.

No worries. I totally can feel you. Have a good talk with your husband as well. He might want a bit of attention from you. Tell him how u feel now. Involve him in some of the activities u do with your child as possible, so that he won’t be left out. Hope things work out for you soon so that you could enjoy this pregnancy.

Yeah, I've talked to him too. He also said I'm just too paranoid.. he spending more time for me, even if he browse fb he will get me to join with him. so that I wont feel left out. and he now spend more time with son, and involve in the activities :)
Your way helps a lot.. Will monitor myself if still there's disturbance then I guess I need professional assistance.. hehe!

Back