IVF Jan 2018 cycle

Thank u Daledale.

May I ask do you all normally do a pregnancy test first before going for the blood test? So that we are prepared as to what the blood test results will most likely be?

Just had my menses.
Spotting this morning and now is light.
Monday when i call in the morning to kkivf,
Do i need to go down also for the injection training?
If so, i need to inform my company that monday i cant go to work
Hi...
If it fill a full pad today, it's consider day 1... the scan will be the following day... cheers

Hi same here just had my ET done yesterday... so what's ur plan for the 2ww... when are you resuming work? Best wishes :)

Hello dear. So far I have been lying down on bed watching tv, walk around in the house, doing only light chores like light packing, light washing and thinking what to eat for every meal haha. I try to eat more fish and vegetables.

I have just tendered from my work, want to fully concentrate on this. Have contemplated for a long time but as work get more and more stressful, I decided to give myself more rest. :)

Best wishes to you too! When is your blood test?

Hello dear. So far I have been lying down on bed watching tv, walk around in the house, doing only light chores like light packing, light washing and thinking what to eat for every meal haha. I try to eat more fish and vegetables.

I have just tendered from my work, want to fully concentrate on this. Have contemplated for a long time but as work get more and more stressful, I decided to give myself more rest. :)

Best wishes to you too! When is your blood test?
31/1, is it the same as you?
Go slow with our life for next 10 days is ideal... but sometimes too bored also hard to past time... I'm self employed so maybe I will slowly regain some light work after the implantation stage...

Hi...
If it fill a full pad today, it's consider day 1... the scan will be the following day... cheers

Hi blue rose

Yes, ytd was light and today is full flow.
So its likely tml i call them in the morning and they will ask me to go down immed?

31/1, is it the same as you?
Go slow with our life for next 10 days is ideal... but sometimes too bored also hard to past time... I'm self employed so maybe I will slowly regain some light work after the implantation stage...

Mine is on 29/1. I'm with NUH. How about u?

Wow why yours 2 days earlier? Your ET was on Sat 20/1 too right?
I'm with SGH...

My ET was on Friday, FET with day 5 blast. :) are u considering to take any pregnancy test before the blood test? I don't know if I should do that to pre-empt myself

My ET was on Friday, FET with day 5 blast. :) are u considering to take any pregnancy test before the blood test? I don't know if I should do that to pre-empt myself
Maybe we can do a test if we have some early pregnancy symptoms...
I'm sure all of us will be anxious to know the result but yet we have to be relaxed, stay positive & calm to able to handle whatever outcome...

I'm sure all of us will be anxious to know the result but yet we have to be relaxed, stay positive & calm to able to handle whatever outcome...

Ya really very anxious.

Good luck to us

Hey ladies,
I heard many are saying eating pineapple core helps in implantation...
But I also hear people saying no pineapple during pregnancy...
Anyone can advise??

Thank u Daledale.

May I ask do you all normally do a pregnancy test first before going for the blood test? So that we are prepared as to what the blood test results will most likely be?
I did last cycle.
Hey ladies,
I heard many are saying eating pineapple core helps in implantation...
But I also hear people saying no pineapple during pregnancy...
Anyone can advise??

Tcm say no pineapple. Western say pineapple core is gd. I avoid pineapple personally.

Hi wish88... There is a hormones jab to take Post Transfer, do you require? Hospital called me this morning to go back for the jab...

Anyone else know what's this jab for?

Hi Blue Rose. So far I haven't got any call to ask me to take the jab.

Let's see if other members know about it. Or you can call back and check with the nurses?

Thank u Daledale.

Yes i tested using home pregnancy kit the last time when i did my ivf before bloodtest to get myself mentally prepared in case i break into tears infront of all people if i see bfn.

But its easier said than done. Still have the urge to know beforehand. Coz the 2 weeks wait is too unbearable.

Yes i tested using home pregnancy kit the last time when i did my ivf before bloodtest to get myself mentally prepared in case i break into tears infront of all people if i see bfn.

I know right. I just did my transfer last fri and today I start to feel nausea but i read it could be due to the medicines I'm taking. As I may be going alone for the blood test, so maybe it's good to test beforehand. I scared I will break down too if it's bad news.

Hi everyone. if i need some clarifications. For the payments of the test and procedures, i understand that the initial tests we would have to bear and is not claimable. However, say gynae say we are ready to kickstart the IVF process.. do we still have to pay upfront those bills for the stimulations etc or it will be incorporated to the govt co-funding? I read somewhere in forums that for SGH we would have to pay upfront for the procedures, then the hospital will reimburse via cheque? Does this also apply to NUH & KKH?? Thank You.

Hi everyone. if i need some clarifications. For the payments of the test and procedures, i understand that the initial tests we would have to bear and is not claimable. However, say gynae say we are ready to kickstart the IVF process.. do we still have to pay upfront those bills for the stimulations etc or it will be incorporated to the govt co-funding? I read somewhere in forums that for SGH we would have to pay upfront for the procedures, then the hospital will reimburse via cheque? Does this also apply to NUH & KKH?? Thank You.

For KKH no need to pay upfront. Appx 3-4 weeks from the transfer you will receive the final bill and tell you the cash component you need to topup if any.

Hi wish88... There is a hormones jab to take Post Transfer, do you require? Hospital called me this morning to go back for the jab...

Hi its the proluton jab.. are u at NUH? For NUH ivf, when tested bfp, we have to take the jab.. for me, to take the jab for 2 months and twice a week to support pregnancy.. its actually good!

Hi ladies, I’m new here and have just done my frozen transfer last tues and am in the 2ww. Will go in for beta on sat. Hoping for the best.

If I’m not wrong it could be progesterone jab to help support the implantation. I’m with private hospital and have been going back for the jab to support aside from taking utrogestan and Crinone.

hihi, SGH don't need to pay upfront as well. Don't have to pay for the blood tests, scans, retrieval, basically any procedures done at CARE. Bill comes later, after incorporating all the govt co-funding and deducting from medisave.

The only thing you pay upfront is the injections/medicine at the pharmacy. However, you can keep all those invoices and submit to the nurse on your ET day. They will include into your overall bill and then do all the deductions. In the end, you will pay for the balance. Hope this clarifies.

Last edited:
hihi, SGH don't need to pay upfront as well. Don't have to pay for the blood tests, scans, retrieval, basically any procedures done at CARE. Bill comes later, after incorporating all the govt co-funding and deducting from medisave.

The only thing you pay upfront is the injections/medicine at the pharmacy. However, you can keep all those invoices and submit to the nurse on your ET day. They will include into your overall bill and then do all the deductions. In the end, you will pay for the balance. Hope this clarifies.

Thanks Willowicy for the kind update. I believe the medications and injections for stimulations (if this is what you meant) are the biggest chunks of the process especially if patient is put on long protocol?

Thanks Willowicy for the kind update. I believe the medications and injections for stimulations (if this is what you meant) are the biggest chunks of the process especially if patient is put on long protocol?
Yes, you are right, STIMM takes up about 1 -2 weeks, followed by 2WW

May i know any of you continue to use femaline wash during yr ER or ET period? I use it everyday and hope this would not affect anything. Anyone know?

Hello all! I just joined the forum. Just went for the consulting last week and Planning to do my ivf in mar instead due to Cny.
Does anyone know how much is the jab cost for private?

Hello all! I just joined the forum. Just went for the consulting last week and Planning to do my ivf in mar instead due to Cny.
Does anyone know how much is the jab cost for private?
Appx 15-20k in private depends on the stimulation dose too.

If I’m not wrong it could be progesterone jab to help support the implantation. I’m with private hospital and have been going back for the jab to support aside from taking utrogestan and Crinone.
The jab, utrogestan and crinone are support for pregnancy.

Hmm, that I'm not sure as I only STIM for less than 2 weeks. For me the biggest chunk is the actual egg retrieval, ICSI process, if i remember correctly. but you might be right!

Back