IVF Jan 2018 cycle

I act 2 pieces from the food store and my menses came the next day. I think got many others if u dont like pineapple. Google induce menses and u can find more. I feel pineapple good cos many vitamin c and some say eating the core helps in implantation. So i choose pineapple. Hope it helps.

Need to take the meds 1 weeks and the menses will come few days later. You can call KKHIVF to ask.
Btw when is the blockout dates?

After my egg retrieval my Dr prescribe me some medication to be taken 5 days later to ensure the menses will come.

Took one slice of pineapple and drank one glass of pineapple orange juice. Still no red.
Called kkivf hotline, the nurse say can give meds to induce. Will be collecting it and start two days later (12 days after last bd) if no bfp.

Shld be fine right?

Took one slice of pineapple and drank one glass of pineapple orange juice. Still no red.
Called kkivf hotline, the nurse say can give meds to induce. Will be collecting it and start two days later (12 days after last bd) if no bfp.

Shld be fine right?

Hi lecia
I am also waiting for my menses which i use app (flo) to calculate which is coming saturday. Hope our af report soon.

Shld be fine right?

What did the nurse advise you? If they say ok should be ok. =)

Hi lecia
I am also waiting for my menses which i use app (flo) to calculate which is coming saturday. Hope our af report soon.
@Linglong8191 mine also around sat which is my day 28. I checked with the nurse if menses came before 12pm. u still can call kkivf centre if come after 12pm, then monday to call KKIVF centre. Maybe Tuesday go down to KK

Ladies, have you all started your ivf journey?jiayou for all! My husband just went to freeze his sperms yest. Mine will only start in march.

Hi @Otnum2, mine ivf will also starts in march as january is fully blocked & feb my mense is quite close to the CNY, so the nurse said it's quite risky, march will be safer. anyway, i will be going for my first time IVF counselling session on 16jan. have you gone through this already? if yes, what questions are important to ask/know during the session? i have no clue of what to ask also...

JIAYOU ALL! wish all good luck & good news soon.

Some the supplement i took last cycle and manage to bfp but mc:
- Red date Tea (Can add wolfberries / longan / dansheng)
- Royal Jelly Capsule
- Cordyceps Capsule (nature farm but iherb have too)
- Prenatal Multivitamin with DHA (include folic acid)
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Nature-Made-Prenatal-Multi-DHA-90-Softgels/40458?rcode=HAR2151
- CoQ10
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Doctor-s-Be...ne-200-mg-180-Veggie-Caps/54865?rcode=HAR2151
- Myo-Inositol (For egg & sperm quality)
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Fairhaven-H...omen-and-Men-120-Capsules/62649?rcode=HAR2151

Add on supplement for my next fresh:
- Raspberry Leaf Tea
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Yogi-Tea-Woman-s-Raspberry-Leaf-Caffeine-Free-16-Tea-Bags-1-02-oz-29-g/7764
- DHEA
- Drink red date tea / dansheng almost daily
- Ginseng Capsule from Korea

Those who wanna get supplement from iherb
Promo Code: HAR2151
Used shopback app to check out additional 3% cashback
https://www.shopback.sg/referred-signup-bonus?raf=ri1BZ8

Things to avoid:
- Avoid cold & cooling stuff
- Avoid tea & coffee

Try to keep yr womb warm. Can wear socks when sleeping.
During last tww, i wore sock thruout the day.
See tcm. Acupuncture can aids in egg growth and implantation.

Hope it helps for the newbies.

hi Daledale, can just drink the red dates tea, add in dry longans & soak in hot water & drink it? when should i start drinking this red dates tea? for how long?

Juz collected my meds for inducing menses. Apparently this is also the same meds for “an tai” if preg. So logically there shouldn’t be any issues whether im preg or not now.

Getting excited

Hi @Otnum2, mine ivf will also starts in march as january is fully blocked & feb my mense is quite close to the CNY, so the nurse said it's quite risky, march will be safer. anyway, i will be going for my first time IVF counselling session on 16jan. have you gone through this already? if yes, what questions are important to ask/know during the session? i have no clue of what to ask also...

I didnt ask anything during counselling. They will explain the procedure.

hi Daledale, can just drink the red dates tea, add in dry longans & soak in hot water & drink it? when should i start drinking this red dates tea? for how long?
Yes can add in longan. If heaty then remove the longan or pause 1 or 2 days. You can start drinking now. Tcm say can continue drinking during stimulation. Going for my scan and jab on sat.

Juz collected my meds for inducing menses. Apparently this is also the same meds for “an tai” if preg. So logically there shouldn’t be any issues whether im preg or not now.

Getting excited

Hi lecia, i also did call kkh and since my menses most probably will come soon so i didnt request for meds. The nurse say will usually give a week supply of med and after that your menses should come in a few days time. Let all jiayou.

Hi all,

i started jabs 2 in morning and 1 in evening, at day 10, doc say my left ovary too high and far, may not be able to pick up the follicles during ER, wonder if there's food to eat for it to come down? lol...

Hi all,

i started jabs 2 in morning and 1 in evening, at day 10, doc say my left ovary too high and far, may not be able to pick up the follicles during ER, wonder if there's food to eat for it to come down? lol...

Mine left ovary also too high and far, in the end it drop and doc is able to pick up eggs from there. So no worry,hope it will come down as the it get heavy.

Hi all,

My left ovary also far. First few days of scanning, they cannot scan any follicles. Only when it is nearer to date then they manage to scan. Dr manage to retrieve 13 follicles last cycle.

Hi Ladies,
I'm also in the Jan cycle. But my menses will only come end of next week as my last menses came very late. Will I still make it for Jan's cycle if my menses only come next week?

Hi Ladies,
I'm also in the Jan cycle. But my menses will only come end of next week as my last menses came very late. Will I still make it for Jan's cycle if my menses only come next week?
block out date is 26 jan. you still safe

I didnt ask anything during counselling. They will explain the procedure.

I haven't gone through the briefing . Mine is 22nd Feb. Can we get mc on that day?

Yes Daledale i will call tomorrow. Probably the first scan is on monday. U?
My scan today. Yesterday is yr full flow? Suppose to call full flow day 1 to book. They told scan will do on d2 or d3. Mine in d3 cause fri is full.

Last edited:
Hi lecia, i also did call kkh and since my menses most probably will come soon so i didnt request for meds. The nurse say will usually give a week supply of med and after that your menses should come in a few days time. Let all jiayou.

I have finished my 5 days meds, but so weird that i don’t experience any tender breast or bloated or any single symptom. In fact my back ache seems to have been better after taking the meds, now i come to tink of it.

Its so weird cos usually i will experience tender breast and backache and mood swings after O.

Hopefully af will come in the next few days so i can start.

Linglong, hows the past few days of stimm?
Feeling excited for u too

My scan today. Yesterday is yr full flow? Suppose to call full flow day 1 to book. They told scan will do on d2 or d3. Mine in d3 cause fri is full.

Hi daledale am i right to say when menses come on friday so u wait a day to become full flow then that is considered as cycle day 1? So saturday is d1? Right? I always get confuse with this as my menses if come in morning, it will be full flow in the evening.

I have finished my 5 days meds, but so weird that i don’t experience any tender breast or bloated or any single symptom. In fact my back ache seems to have been better after taking the meds, now i come to tink of it.

Its so weird cos usually i will experience tender breast and backache and mood swings after O.

Hopefully af will come in the next few days so i can start.

Linglong, hows the past few days of stimm?
Feeling excited for u too

Hi Lecia, your af should in 2 to 3 days time after medicine. Ijust went for my first scan today and done my first injection. Feeling excited also. Now just feel very tired and sleepy. Have to inject myself in the morning for this week and reviewing next week to see if my follicles are growing well.

Hi Lecia, your af should in 2 to 3 days time after medicine. Ijust went for my first scan today and done my first injection. Feeling excited also. Now just feel very tired and sleepy. Have to inject myself in the morning for this week and reviewing next week to see if my follicles are growing well.

Actually my progesterone supposed to be 7days, after a talk with the kkh nurse, i tink i will continue two more days of the pills. Let god decide if i can make it for Jan ivf or delayed till March already.

Hows the jab? Painful? How many jabs you doing now?

Actually my progesterone supposed to be 7days, after a talk with the kkh nurse, i tink i will continue two more days of the pills. Let god decide if i can make it for Jan ivf or delayed till March already.

Hows the jab? Painful? How many jabs you doing now?

The jab so far so good is not that bad. Now one 1 each morning till friday i have 2 injections till sunday.

Hi daledale am i right to say when menses come on friday so u wait a day to become full flow then that is considered as cycle day 1? So saturday is d1? Right? I always get confuse with this as my menses if come in morning, it will be full flow in the evening.
If you menses can fill a pad then it is full flow. Some ppl day 1 can be just spotting so 2nd day then consider full flow

Hi... I just done my Egg Retrieval yesterday... Anyone had yours recently too?
Day 1 of ER, so bloated, today it gets better...
Been drinking lots of fluid & electrolyte & kept running to toilet too...

Hi... I just done my Egg Retrieval yesterday... Anyone had yours recently too?
Day 1 of ER, so bloated, today it gets better...
Been drinking lots of fluid & electrolyte & kept running to toilet too...

hows the ER?
painful?
Good luck to you! Hope you have many good quality eggs and surviving the blast! :)

hows the ER?
painful?
Good luck to you! Hope you have many good quality eggs and surviving the blast! :)

They will sedate you so generally you won't feel anything, if pain is also the insertion of cannula to your vein to jab the sedation...

So one thing for IVF mummies-to-be
You have to overcome needles! Cause we have a bigger Mission!!

I felt bloated post ER yesterday and today, have been taking lots of fluid and passing lots of gas too...

They will sedate you so generally you won't feel anything, if pain is also the insertion of cannula to your vein to jab the sedation...

So one thing for IVF mummies-to-be
You have to overcome needles! Cause we have a bigger Mission!!

I felt bloated post ER yesterday and today, have been taking lots of fluid and passing lots of gas too...

yah man... that 9 months of gynae appt ... more blood test to come.

when is your ET? hopefully you can do blast

I also scare to jab myself. I sign injection package for my so-iui n first fresh let nurse jab daily.
Hi Daledale,
You mean can go back to kkh to ask the nurse to jab? Need to pay? Do you have to queue long? I also don't dare to jab myself. Usually I ask my hubby to jab for me but he has work trip this weekend so I need to find someone to jab for me for 3 days. I'm thinking of going to nearby clinic but still have to take queue no. and wait for the doctor like a normal patient.

Hi Daledale,
You mean can go back to kkh to ask the nurse to jab? Need to pay? Do you have to queue long? I also don't dare to jab myself. Usually I ask my hubby to jab for me but he has work trip this weekend so I need to find someone to jab for me for 3 days. I'm thinking of going to nearby clinic but still have to take queue no. and wait for the doctor like a normal patient.
Yes need to pay. I did it last years was appx $160. Now they increase to $250 (Package unlimited jabs) so we decided to try jab ourselves save the $ & time. If you need jab 1-2 times they will charge you too. Actually it wasn't as scary as i thought to jab myself

Hi Ladies, i was thinking if we can start a whatsapp group chat? then we can update each other in a faster & easier way.

How you gals think? if u are keen, please pm me your actual name & contact numbers, yah :)

Hi Ladies, i was thinking if we can start a whatsapp group chat? then we can update each other in a faster & easier way.

How you gals think? if u are keen, please pm me your actual name & contact numbers, yah :)

I dont mind
But i haven start my cycle yet.
Still waiting for the reddy

4th day post induce meds and still not seeing the red.
Life is so ironic
Just when you dread seeing the red, it just come on time every month without fail.

And now when you are yearning for it to come, it decided to play hide and seek with you

:confused:

Just had my menses.
Spotting this morning and now is light.
Monday when i call in the morning to kkivf,
Do i need to go down also for the injection training?
If so, i need to inform my company that monday i cant go to work

Just had my menses.

Happy for u that your menses finally came. Just in time. I dont know whether after u called them, they ask u quickly go down. But during the first meeting u go for scan then collect injections and learn to inject from nurse.

Just had my menses.
They can either call you go scan, collect meds and training for injection on mon or tue. Try call them early mon morning

Back