Early Menopause (Primary Ovarian Insufficiency/Premature Failure)

Panffy

Hi everyone, I’m 38 with no child, was diagnosed earlier this month as I hadn’t had period for 3 months through blood test. My LSH is 30 and AMH 0.3. Doc told me that I can delay therapy and take supps to see if I might ovulate again and maybe able to get pregnant as taking therapy means I will hv zero chance to get pregnant. I’m taking TCM now too to help the symptoms and maybe reverse the test....
My questions are:
1) Does therapy really rule out pregnancy?
2) Any of you not taking therapy, if yes what kind of supps are you taking?
3) Do you have sore boobs? How to make it feel better? It’s been 2 weeks
4) Any doctor to recommend?
5) What kind of therapy do you take?

Hi everyone, I’m 38 with no child, was diagnosed earlier this month as I hadn’t had period for 3 months through blood test. My LSH is 30 and AMH 0.3. Doc told me that I can delay therapy and take supps to see if I might ovulate again and maybe able to get pregnant as taking therapy means I will hv zero chance to get pregnant. I’m taking TCM now too to help the symptoms and maybe reverse the test....
My questions are:
1) Does therapy really rule out pregnancy?
2) Any of you not taking therapy, if yes what kind of supps are you taking?
3) Do you have sore boobs? How to make it feel better? It’s been 2 weeks
4) Any doctor to recommend?
5) What kind of therapy do you take?

Hi Panffy,

Im not sure if you got any response of if you are still going thru the same thing. I too am 38 but turning 39(no children) in a few months and was also diagnosed early this year with POF but also early menopause. I've been going to KKH for consultations since February this year but am looking to find a new doctor for a second opinion. I always saw different doctors at KKH, and all somehow had different opinions which to me was quite frustrating.
I am currently on Hormone replacement therapy for the past one month (21 day pills). The side effects had made me gain weight among other things. I am hoping his will help balance my hormones and that I will get my period. I do intend to start a family next year if possible.

My colleague has recommended me to Dr Douglas Ong Clinic for women as she has been seeing him for many years, she has been on HRT since she was 28 and is now almost 50. she says he is very good. I plan on making an appointment for consultation soon.

Regarding sore boobs. i switched to wearing bralettes(no underwire or padding) cos for some reason that helps.

Do let me know if you have found a doctor and if you are taking therapy and what supps are you taking?

Hi Panffy,

Im not sure if you got any response of if you are still going thru the same thing. I too am 38 but turning 39(no children) in a few months and was also diagnosed early this year with POF but also early menopause. I've been going to KKH for consultations since February this year but am looking to find a new doctor for a second opinion. I always saw different doctors at KKH, and all somehow had different opinions which to me was quite frustrating.
I am currently on Hormone replacement therapy for the past one month (21 day pills). The side effects had made me gain weight among other things. I am hoping his will help balance my hormones and that I will get my period. I do intend to start a family next year if possible.

My colleague has recommended me to Dr Douglas Ong Clinic for women as she has been seeing him for many years, she has been on HRT since she was 28 and is now almost 50. she says he is very good. I plan on making an appointment for consultation soon.

Regarding sore boobs. i switched to wearing bralettes(no underwire or padding) cos for some reason that helps.

Do let me know if you have found a doctor and if you are taking therapy and what supps are you taking?

Hi hi,

May I check what’s your AMH and FSH? Do you still hv period? Hv u missed it for Long?
I went to Dr LC Cheng at TMC... but he couldn’t do much... so I went to Dr Tan Siew Buoy who manage to keep my period regular at 28 days every month and from BBT I do see that I ovulated... I took Vitex, DHEA, wheatgrass to keep the hormones level...

Somehow I don’t get anymore symptoms though... the numbers I check in June was still FSH 32 which is high but Dr Cheng told me as long I hv period, I don’t need the HRT... I just don’t want to be dependent on meds if I can still take supps and supplements

Did ur doctor advise u on the risk of taking HRT?

i have very irregular periods since 2015. (in those years i was in a very stressful job) i can go three months without a period and when i do get my period, it was only spotting. i did my first blood test around March and my FSH was about 39 and i did it again and the number had doubled. The doctors could not figure out why. I did research and eventually found out that smoking played a part and so I quit smoking and last month did another blood test and am now waiting for my new results to see if that made a difference. I was not happy with the most recent doctor visit as the doctor before him insisted i not go on HRT until I have not had a period for 1 year. and eventhough i had some semblance of a period, he still put me on hrt. so will see.

how did you find out about vitex and Dhea? is your doctor in TCM? I have read that TCM helps better than western medicine. I am not Chinese, and am not used to traditional chinese medicine. Does he or she speak english? and how much is consultation rates?

Hi - I've just been diagnosed with the same and am wondering if anyone has TCM to recommend for this condition?

Hi, I am 37yo and have been diagnosed with POI. Would like to check if anyone had HRT and manage to conceive successfully?

Back