Dr Chua Yang

she was my gynae years ago when she was still with KK. haven't seen her since she left for private. only remember her as a very attractive lady!!

She is a very easy to talk to gynae. You can ask lots of questions and yet she will still answer you one by one.

Very patient lady and each session can last as long as 15-20mins. Heard her waiting time is long because she spends alot of time with patient everytime.

And you have to book her way in advance !!

great experience with her, will definitely go back to her for my second baby
happy.gif

Hi Caitlyn,

NOT BAD !! You opting for c-sert already? Basically I think she still has the KK practice mentally. She would prefer you to try for natural unless she thinks you are not deem to it.

I understand lately she has got the 3D scan machine now. Wow..

ginger - i not opting for c-sect yet.. i wondering abt her stitches for e episotomy and all also.. hee.. she did ask me to try for natural.. but she added tt she thinks i may need a c-sect in e end.. hee.. yup, she has a 3D scan machine! but too bad i already in e last leg!!! wasted!

Yes
happy.gif

My boy was born on 5th Nov 2005. Infact I only saw her when i was at mid 2nd trimester. Changed a few gynaes before deciding to see her
happy.gif

ginger - oic.. so ur boy is now 1yr +.. must be very cute.. hee..

MH - agree tt she's on e pricey side.. how's her stitching skills to u? hee.. i very scared of e recovery after delivery

her stitching skills quite good
happy.gif
i also saw her 3D scan machine recently, too bad didn't get a chance to try it out for my first pregnancy ...maybe second one la hahaha

cat: when are u due?

Hi mummies, i gave birth in sep 06 - normal birth. Her stitching skills were gd n i didnt feel anythg. It was real comforting to tok to her thro the pregnancy. Nice gynae. Hubby n I liked her n sure go bk if conceive agn.
=)

caitlyn - dun worry, hardly felt any pain.
dr chua is very reassuring, rem i had lots of questions and i always email her, she will make it a point to reply and that made me feel a lot better ...

hey 4 june just round the corner, you delivered yet?

jamie - tt's good.. i also always email her n she really replies very promptly.. yet to deliver.. bb seems to comfy.. now dr chua asking me to decide between induction n c-sect by my due date.. she not willing to let me wait too long as i'm on e small side n worry bb too big.. most likely gg for a c-sect..

good luck, wish u a smooth delivery, which hospital you chose? don't forget to keep us updated when yr bundle of joy arrives.

jamie - thx! i'll be delivering at TMC.. kinda worried n scared now.. hopefully i'll recover fast from e c-sect.. =)

hi all..my gynae is also Dr Chua. I've been with her since i ROM-ed with hubby but back then she was still with KKH. When she moved to private, we followed suit altho her clinic is in Bt Timah and we stay in Tampines.

Anyway, agree with everyone dat she is a real nice lady...enjoyed talking to her cos hubby and i both felt she answers all our questions patiently and with great information to ease our worries too. We like that she's always very upfront and frank with us..Now dat i'm preggie, definitely will get her to deliver our baby.

thanks jamie. Mine quite long away...Jan 08..i'm not even past my first trimester yet...feeling so sick now due to the MS. Urgh.

I am also super worried about the childbirth, stitching etc...
sad.gif

hi hi.. hv just delivered my bb on 2nd jun by dr chua thru emergency c-sect.. bb cldn't come out as was too big for my frame..

dr chua was very calm n reassuring during e delivery esp when she was explaining why i had to go thru a c-sect..

think her stitching skills are very good coz i cld go without painkillers and managed to walk ard on day 2.. in fact frm e onset, did not feel much pain from stitches other than when having to get up n down e bed.. so am glad i had her for my gynae.. =)

jamie - hee.. yup, back hm already.. not coping very well as had very low supply of milk.. then had a bit of post natal blues.. am slowly adjusting.. feel guilty but gg to give up BF coz supply really very low n it's causing alot of stress.. so takin one step at a time.. =) but bb is healthy so am taking heart in tt..

Congrats Caitlyn,

Wat's your bb weight? And what was the estimated weight before birth?

It's natural for BF to be low in supply for the initial start. It will gradually increase after 1-2 weeks time.

Dun give up, try till 2-3 mths la..

I also had post natal blue as I was on TBF for 1st 2 weeks. I can still remember when i came back from hospital, I didnt sleep for straight 3 days. Very stone and furthermore no CL.

So each time my son cried, I cried..

Hang on ok..

yah cat, take it easy. milk supply takes time to stabilise. even now, when i dun pump regularly, my supply goes down. dun be too hard on yrself k ? :p

just enjoy your time with yr baby, for me, i'm enjoying every minute of it.

Just chanced upon this thread...

Thumbs up for her as she's very patient and nice lady, explaining to you in details if you have doubts. I switched to her as she doesn't give that pushy feeling that she's rushing through her time with you, unlike my 1st gynae.

Her stitching was so perfect that I didn't even know it was done as didn't feel a thing! Will definitely go back to her if I get preggie again..

yea sneezy mom, me too
happy.gif
i also like it that she's not pushy and bothers to explain stuff. it's nice to have a gynae u are comfortable with.

Anyone knows about the antenatal package price? And what is included in the package?

I'm thinking to switch to Dr Chua.

Thanks

her antenatal package is $1200. Forgot wat's inside liao...the usual lo...vitamins, delivery etc...but from 16th week onwards i think.

Hi mylife, thank you very much for the sharing.

Are the checkups all done in her clinic? Or some of the checkup must be done in the hospital? If some must be done in the hospital, can we choose the hospital?

Thanks a lot!

Hello mummies and mum-to-be
please visit this blog on "Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in Singapore" to give your comments on all registered gynaes.

We hope this blog would be useful to all preggy moms who are hunting for the right gynae for their pregnancy, and also to all other women seeking treatment and advise on fertility and women-related issues.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
http://sggynae.blogspot.com/

Hi Tiger BB,
I'd be the only one to be more mitigated qbout dr Chua. She delivered my first baby, she's patient, professional, but:

her charges are way too high (especially to consider where she's located), it 's not easily accessible (now that there 's MRT construction nearby), and you must climb up a dozen of steps to get there.

The waiting time is much too long but when you come a bit late, she won't prioritize your make room for your delayed arrival.

Those are only for the logistics.

NOw on the "reassuring, patient" sides, so the psycho social needs, I find her very judgemental and patronizing. She wold answer a question in a long sentence, which is good as she covers your question but there are alwasy a few more sentences not welcome as she tends to judge or being ironical.

Personally, given she is so far, super expensive, always very late (and when you come late once, you come for nothing!!!!!), quite cold and judgemental on the questions you may candidly ask, I am in the midst of sourcing another Dr for my second pregnancy. Dr Chua may appear very smiley but she is a cold hearted person. I think most of us here do not know she is in her fourties and never had children or born an pregnancy.

Usually female gynaes are colder than male ones. Her advantage could be that she can understand our pain or bearing kids, but she actually does not and apperas more judgemental than a male gynae who a more objective vision of the femaile patients.

Sorry if I might contradict the majority here but this is of sincere thoughts shared with two other friends who felt the same things.

Good luck to you
happy.gif

I am expecting my third one.
My first one was with dr Chua back in 2008. Second one in 2010.
I stil like her. Patience she has. Humor she has.

I'm still deciding between Dr chua and another gynae.

Wanna check whether does dr chua encourage natural delivery or c-section?

Hi
Sorry for a late reply. What I can say is whatever you decide, she ll follow. But I saw this with me and for two friends of mine: she would try to induce your birth according to her own busy schedule. She travels a lot to work overseas and if she sees that your del date nears, she ll
Plan and induce it so she can attend to it and wOnt get lost on it. I did nOt realise for mine as I didn't need urgency or induction. It s only after that I knew she had a trip during my EDD. It is shameful. Wanted to point it out. Some
Mums might prefer it. But I prefer all-natural birth:delivery.

Lilinette (lilinou):

I agree with you about the judging part hence I'm sourcing for another gynae. I was with Dr Chua for many years but never felt comfortable.

When I signed up for her package, I found her a practical doctor. However, as I returned for more checkups, I found myself feeling more and more uncomfortable visiting her. She emphasizes a lot of weight gain and natural birth delivery.

I was going through a difficult period of my life in my early stages of my pregnancy and spotted twice. She was not the type to offer comforting words though she would give you her practical advice. During this difficult period, my key concern was more on the safety of my baby and not the weight number I was gaining. After I could not meet her expectations on my weight gain target (estimated a few more kgs higher than the target weight number by the time I deliver) despite making great efforts to adjust my diet, I find myself becoming more stressful with each visit. She also implied early birth induce for me. Personally, I found it hard to communicate with her as she sounded aloof at times or she might expect you to do your medical homework in advance.

Last edited:

Back