progesterone pill to induce period

Lecia

anyone took this to induce your period?

i was told to take 5 days of pills but the prescription was 7 days.
called the nurse to ask and the nurse ask me to follow the prescription.

now im wondering if i can stop at 5 days otherwise, i might not make it for Jan IVF since they will close on 26 Jan till Feb.

apart from this, im also experiencing ZERO side effects from the pills. usually i will have tender breast after O, but with this pills, im having no symptoms at all!! and still having low BBT......

:confused:

anyone took this to induce your period?

i was told to take 5 days of pills but the prescription was 7 days.
called the nurse to ask and the nurse ask me to follow the prescription.

now im wondering if i can stop at 5 days otherwise, i might not make it for Jan IVF since they will close on 26 Jan till Feb.

apart from this, im also experiencing ZERO side effects from the pills. usually i will have tender breast after O, but with this pills, im having no symptoms at all!! and still having low BBT......

:confused:
My Dr gave me 5 days

How long after did your menses come?
Did u experience any side effects?
I got zero symptoms or side effects
And suddenly just dont knw is tat a good or bad thing....
Sorry should be take for 10 days. Take on the fifth day after egg retrieval.
My menses came after 3 days .
I felt more stressed when taking the pills

Sorry should be take for 10 days. Take on the fifth day after egg retrieval.
My menses came after 3 days .
I felt more stressed when taking the pills

Why more stress?

U took after egg retrieval?

3days are fast.
I was told around one week then it will come.

Which if so, i will miss this ivf cycle

On the basis of progesterone there are so many things: tablets, oils, creams, injections. Read this article (https://www.bestadvisor.com/how-to/4-warning-signs-of-low-progesterone-and-how-to-deal-with-it) on the causes of low progesterone, there is a lot of information about the causes and ways of improvement in different ways. If you do not feel bad and the desired result of treatment is obtained, then I see no reason to worry about this. Just follow the instructions, I do not think that extra 2 days of admission can affect something drastically.

Last edited:
i took dydrogesteron pills to induce menses.
was told to take it to induce menses so that it comes before 23jan cos kkh got block out period for cny from 23 jan to 8 feb.
i was told to take for 7 days and 5 days later period shd come but i miscalculated.
so i took on 15 jan and my period came today on 31 jan.
so now i gotta take the pills again to induce menses for next cycle.

Got to share
If u are a regular menses person
Better not to take anything to induce or delay for ivf/iui

I did that and when i went for my scan on the menses day
I cannot start my menses as the scan shows a 18mm follicle. The nurses did a blood test and results came back to be highly possible egg.

Hence got to postpone the treatment.

The nurse said for regular cycle person its not advisable

My menses started going haywire in march last yr...come every 2 mths and in lesser days...
finally went to see gynae in early aug after having brown discharge for weeks without menses..since then doc prescribed me the pill and finally in end nov i was pregnant

My menses started going haywire in march last yr...come every 2 mths and in lesser days...
finally went to see gynae in early aug after having brown discharge for weeks without menses..since then doc prescribed me the pill and finally in end nov i was pregnant
hi did the doc prescribed provera ?

Back