Recommendations needed for IVF clinic in Singapore

mariaPT

Hello,

I'm new to Singapore and need recommendations on the best place to do IVF treatment in the country and the best doctor.

I'm on an employment pass, so I don't get any government discounts.

What's the main difference between the private and the public hospitals?

Is it better to do the treatment on private or public?

Thank you,
Maria

Hello,

I'm new to Singapore and need recommendations on the best place to do IVF treatment in the country and the best doctor.

Thank you,
Maria

Welcome to SG and this forum! :)

IVF at private hospitals normally will cost more but you get what you paid for. The waiting time for each appointments would generally be shorter and for most private hospitals, the scans will be done by the IVF doctors and you do not need to go to the pharmacy and queue up for medication. Basically, it's faster and more personalized.

IVF at public hospitals will cost lesser but waiting time tend to be longer. For SOME public hospitals, the scans are done by the sonographers and not the doctors so you may have to schedule different appointments for the sonographer and doctor eg. you see the sonographer at 8.30am and queue for scan and then later have to wait again for your doctor. For NUH, scans are done by doctors though. For public hospitals, you will have to queue at the pharmacy for certain medications and thus more waiting time.

I've done IVF at both private and public. I appreciated the time I saved at the private hospital but I do feel that the public hospital is just as good if you don't mind the waiting time. In fact, if you are a private patient at a public hospital (without subsidies, which will be in your case), then the waiting time may be shorter than a subsidised patient. Furthermore, public hospitals may have more resources.

These are some well known IVF drs.

Private Hospital
SF Loh - Thomson Fertility Centre
Dr Sheila Loh - Raffles Fertility Centre
Dr Ann Tan - Mount Elizabeth Orchard
Dr Roland Chieng - Virtus Fertility Centre

Public Hospital
Dr Tan HH - KKH
Dr Sadhana - KKH
Prof PC Wong - NUH
Dr Yu Su Ling - SGH

I did my first IVF with Dr Sheila Loh at Raffles and had a good experience.
I'm currently with Dr Shakinah Rauff at NUH and I absolutely love her too. She's so cheerful.

I hope this helps! :)

Dear the_spinsterella,

Thank you so much for your reply and sharing all these details with me. My priority is quality over costs and waiting time.

I visited Raffles and I really liked the Dr. there, but following a friends recommendation I went to visit Dr Anupriya Agarwal and NUH and we loved her. Yes, we waited 2 hours but it was worth it.

She's practical and straight forward, but comforting and sweet at the same time, but more importantly, she came across as extremely knowledgeable and experienced so we're gonna give this route a try.

All the best on your journey!

Hello,

Thank you,
Maria
Hi,
If you are still looking for recommendations, I’ve been seeing Prof Ng Soon Chye from Sincere Healthcare Group. You can google his profile. I’ve had 2 BFPs on the first two attempts. And I just got my 3rd BFP. Very fortunate and blessed but I’ve been under great care by Prof Ng and his team as well. Everything counts from the IVF doc, the embryologist and the lab. Good luck on your journey !

Dear the_spinsterella,

Thank you so much for your reply and sharing all these details with me. My priority is quality over costs and waiting time.

I visited Raffles and I really liked the Dr. there, but following a friends recommendation I went to visit Dr Anupriya Agarwal and NUH and we loved her. Yes, we waited 2 hours but it was worth it.

She's practical and straight forward, but comforting and sweet at the same time, but more importantly, she came across as extremely knowledgeable and experienced so we're gonna give this route a try.

All the best on your
Dear the_spinsterella,

All the best on your journey!
Hi we are also in similar conditions and planning to start our ivf journey here. Would you able to help us on approximate Budget that we should have?

It really depends on what treatment you do.

I think a basic IVF cycle is between 10K and 15K.

Hello,

Thank you,
Maria

Hi ... just sharing
actually it's not quite accurate for some to say private hospital u have shorter wait time or "u get what u pay for". I have been to both and it really depends on the clinic or centre. Popular doctors either in private or public hospitals tend to have longer wait time.

Public hospitals also have private clinics, when you choose yr doc, you pay private rates same as foreigners. IVF is mostly private rates anyways (and those S'porean who qualify have Government co-funding)

Glad to hear u found your doctor !

IVF at private hospitals normally will cost more but you get what you paid for. The waiting time for each appointments would generally be shorter and for most private hospitals, the scans will be done by the IVF doctors and you do not need to go to the pharmacy and queue up for medication. Basically, it's faster and more personalized.

IVF at public hospitals will cost lesser but waiting time tend to be longer. For SOME public hospitals, the scans are done by the sonographers and not the doctors so you may have to schedule different appointments for the sonographer and doctor eg. you see the sonographer at 8.30am and queue for scan and then later have to wait again for your doctor. For NUH, scans are done by doctors though. For public hospitals, you will have to queue at the pharmacy for certain medications and thus more waiting time.

I've done IVF at both private and public. I appreciated the time I saved at the private hospital but I do feel that the public hospital is just as good if you don't mind the waiting time. In fact, if you are a private patient at a public hospital (without subsidies, which will be in your case), then the waiting time may be shorter than a subsidised patient. Furthermore, public hospitals may have more resources.

Private Hospital

Public Hospital
Dr Tan HH - KKH
Dr Sadhana - KKH
Prof PC Wong - NUH
Dr Yu Su Ling - SGH

I'm currently with Dr Shakinah Rauff at NUH and I absolutely love her too. She's so cheerful.

Thank you for sharing! Can you share your experiences with Dr Sheila Loh a bit more? I am also considering her. Thank you

Private Hospital

Public Hospital
Dr Tan HH - KKH
Dr Sadhana - KKH
Prof PC Wong - NUH
Dr Yu Su Ling - SGH

hi.. would love to hear more regarding your experience with Dr Sheila Loh. I'll be doing my ivf with her for this months cycle. just waiting for my AF to come.

hi.. would love to hear more regarding your experience with Dr Sheila Loh. I'll be doing my ivf with her for this months cycle. just waiting for my AF to come.

Hi! I did my 1st IVF with Dr Sheila Loh back in Dec'21 and now I am 11 week pregnancy. Dr Loh is very data based and rationale person. She is not over positive and will not over promise you on the success rate. Prepare your qs to ask her and she always explains in details! I only retrieved 4 eggs and 1 turned into embryo. Dr. Loh advised me to do the fresh cycle transfer on D3 to prevent the frozen process. I did not have too much hope since i have only 1 embryo but who knows? It's now a 11-week baby. Still a long way to go for me but I am happy with Dr. Loh with my IVF experience. Keep your faith, relax, and trust your Dr! :)

Hi! I did my 1st IVF with Dr Sheila Loh back in Dec'21 and now I am 11 week pregnancy. Dr Loh is very data based and rationale person. She is not over positive and will not over promise you on the success rate. Prepare your qs to ask her and she always explains in details! I only retrieved 4 eggs and 1 turned into embryo. Dr. Loh advised me to do the fresh cycle transfer on D3 to prevent the frozen process. I did not have too much hope since i have only 1 embryo but who knows? It's now a 11-week baby. Still a long way to go for me but I am happy with Dr. Loh with my IVF experience. Keep your faith, relax, and trust your Dr! :)
Thank you so much for this review. This makes me more confident with Dr Loh now. And congratulations to you. Also, may i know why Dr Loh wants to prevent the frozen cycle? did she told you the reason?

You said, you are now with Dr Shakinah Rauff at NUH. It means right after you got pregnant you move to NUH is it?

Sorry for asking a lot. Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm already done with the financial consultation with Dr. Sheila Loh of Raffles. estimated cost will be 19k-22k. it depends on the medication you will need. it's case to case basis.

Back