Zoo-phonics and Kinderland?******

j_popo

hi mummies,

can share on the above childcare n playgroups? Or others in cck, bt panjang and bt timah area.

linda

my boy is with YCK kinderland 3hr playgroup now. So far so good. He enjoys his school there. But got a lot of mosquitoes, so have to put insect repellant everyday. Altho supposed to be only 16 in a class, they've increased it to 17 now. They're going to increase it further to 18 with additional 1 teacher and expand the classroom. Dunno how come this class suddenly so popular. When my boy first joined, only 5-6 children in the class. Now i heard there's even a waiting list!

Well, he's leaving end of this year already to join nursery school someplace else. But for those who's looking for a 3hr playgroup and they're still too young to be in a formal kindergarten, then this is a good place to start coz they accept children from 18months.

Hi Mashy,

I was at Kinderland (YCK) last week, visited the Kinderplay class, there were 15 toddlers in the class, only 1 teacher, but I was told another helper went to the toilet. The place is fully air-con, still got mosquitoes? Yah, this class is already full, I intend to put my boy there next year Jun, I was told to go down & register sometime in Jan '09.

BTW, do you happen to know the transportation charges? I'm not sure if I want to ask my maid to pick my boy or arrange for school bus.

tigress

yah, still have mosquitoes. Maybe coz it's near landed property and lots of greenery.

There usually have 2 teachers actually. An English and Chinese teacher. Sometimes a younger helper will come in to help when one of the teachers go to another class.

Actually why not start earlier? Maybe u can check how's the intake earlier in the yr? I know they take in kids from 18mths. As the months went by, the nos of the children increased. I find the earlier months so much easier for the children to adapt coz they've the undivided attention from the teacher. When I visited the place end of last year, they also had a lot of children. Then when my boy started school beg this yr, only 5-6 kids. By the time in june, already full house. And of course, being first time in school, there's going to be lots of crying. My boy cried for 2 weeks.

I dunno abt transport charges, but the sch buses dun run during school hols so you'll have to seek alternatives during the sch hols. And you still have to pay the sch bus fees during sch hols.

tigress

oh yah, my boy only started talking from June. From Jan to June, i really wonder how he 'talked' to the teachers. Hehehe. He couldn't express himself, but he has been slowly absorbing quietly. Now he surprises me everyday with new words and vocab.

you have to call the driver cos is a 3rd party. for mine, it is about 200+++ per term can't remember how much. it depends where you stay.

mosquitoes is a minus point. I met both the English and Chinese teacher, they are quite friendly. the only thing I don't like is that they keep asking me to register now for 2009 so that I'm entitled to 30% discount for term 1. i told them i have to think about it first and may register for term 2 onwards. They said that I may have to be on waitlist as they may not have slot. And they may have another open house again this year.

Hi Mashy,

Where are you sending your child for nursery?

My boy will be 18mths by Jan 2009, I'm not sure if I should send him there earlier. My boy is really very bad tempered, when he don't get what he wants, he will throw things on the floor. I will be very heartpain if he cry throughout the 3-hrs.

How long can I accompany him? I heard from my colleague, parent is allowed only for the 1st 3days or max 1 week. Is that right?

hi tigress, my boy is the same. i started my boy when he turns 18mth for once a week playgrp where 1 parent can attend. At least I can control him.
happy.gif
now i want to start him on a daily basis.

Got once a week playgroup meh? Where? Actually, I prefer 3 times a week, but Kinderplay @YCK only have it in 5 times a week.

linda

wah, so good got 30% off? I'm sending my boy to Paya Lebar Methodist. Dunno abt the intake in term 2, but it seems to be getting very popular lately. I think early term 2 still ok. But by the end of term 2, quite sure have to be on waiting list unless someone withdraws. So far, only 3 withdrew from the class the entire year. 1 went to half day childcare next door, 2 went to international schools. I missed term 1 days. So few children. So good.

Tigress
In that case, i think you should let him go in earlier. Esp since he's so bad tempered. He'll learn to control his rage when he's in school.

Pls don't be heartpain ok? It's normal and part of life. Even if you send him later, he'll still cry. Why not just get it over and done with so that by the time he's older, he can adjust much better. I think can stay 1 week. But my advice is, don't stay at all. Leave. After you drop off and say your goodbyes, leave. Don't even wait outside the classroom. The crying will stop eventually. Even if it takes a month. There's a boy in class cried for 1mth. Now he's well adjusted and happily playing with his classmates.

The more you stay in the class, the more he'll cry. And the more heartpain you will be.

If you want to help him adjust, do some teacher-student school role playing at home. So by the time he goes school, it'll be a game to him.

linda/tigress

hahah, both of you so different from me. I was so happy to let him go school (without me) everyday.
happy.gif
He's very active, so it's a real breather for me to let him go school. When i signed him up for the weekly gym, i already nearly died every week. Tried Zoophonics at Thomson too, but he was simply too active to wanna sit down and listen. I find that my boy's reaction to parent-accompanied and parent-non accompanied programs very different. He never cried when he went to the parent-accompanied prog but cried buckets at the non-accompanied ones.

Oh yah, got one kid came for 1 week trial and didn't stay on coz the mummy kept staying outside the classroom and hearing her child cry. She heartpain then withdraw. So, if you're determined to send your kid to school, pls don't stay. Else, you'll just end up withdrawing. And kids are very smart, they'll learn to know that crying works. And will cry more at the next playgroup.

currently he is at learning horizons. they are starting 3 times a week next year for those born in 2006. you can check it out.

I wanted to start him for non parent accompanied, hopefully i can take it.
sad.gif

linda

can can, you can take it. You need to have the mindset that he's going to have lots of fun in school and he just doesn't know it yet. So you've to be supportive. U know, kids care read our minds and understand our moods too. If you're anxious, can you imagine he'll be even more anxious than you?

Linda, kinderplay got 30% off meh? I was told 30% off is for childcare only.

Mashy, thanks for the advise. Being 1st time parent, my boy is so precious, when he cry I'll be the 1st to run to him. I know it's not right, but I can't help it leh. That's why he is so bad tempered lor.

tigress

kinderplay is part of childcare. You'll even get govt subsidy for it.

Heheh, I must be some 'heng xin' mother. My boy is also my first and only child. For now at least. But I don't believe in over indulging. We have to exercise self control too. It might be easier for you to run to him everytime he cries. But he needs to learn to handle his emotions. Just think of how you want your child to be in the future. Do you think what you're doing now will help nurture him to be a better person? U need to learn to let go.

yes, that is what the lady told me when I was there for open hse but must register by end of this month.

I asked them if i can get subsidy for kinderplay, they told me no co it is only 3 hrs, must at least half day, then can get.

Linda, the subsidy you mention is government subsidy right? Yes, confirmed there is. Before subsidy is $400++, after subsidy is about $300++.

Are u sure 30% applies to kinderplay as well? You mentioned 30% off for 1st term, but Kinderplay is monthly payment leh, they don't go by term.

hihi
saw this subject title Zoophonics(ZP) & Kinderland.
I've nothing to add to Kinderland as my kid not in any CC yet although some time next year i think i will wanna put my kid in CC.

My kid is now attending ZP @ Siglap - so far so good
happy.gif
I do not compare with the rest (say JG, GUG) & i can't compare as ZP is my kid's 1st "learning centre" ...I've never signed him up for any others before .. but since my kid is enjoying, i've no issues abt letting him continue
happy.gif
But i did compare the "curriculum" with my fren whose boy attends GUG & from what we had discussed, the "structure is 90% the same lei"

hi tiggerEeyore,

may i know how old is ur child? my gal is 21mths and intending to send her to half day childcare or playgroups.

ur child attends ZP once a week? tink they dun have daily class right?

hi j popo
yes my boy attends ZP once a week.

They also have twice a week class.

my boy same age as your daughter ...22months!

hi mummies,
for yck there are the preschool n cc in the same compound. preschool only takes in children who are turning 3 in that calendra yr to 6.

basically, preschool is conducted only 3 hrs and their fees goes termly of 10 wks.

as for cc, they take in as young as 18 mths to 6 yrs. n kinderplay accepts chldren who are born in 2006 tis yr. their fees goes by monthly.

as for the 30% discount if i'm not wrong, should be applying to the preschool?

Dear all mummies,

Can anyone share on the Kinderland @ beside Lot1. Is the full day childcare, teacher, environment & programme good or not.

Thanks

Halo Mothers,
I have a milk powder focus group discussion for mothers who use Dumex or Nespray or Abbott Grow on their 1 to 3 yrs babies or 3 to 6 yrs kids.
You will be paid $100.00 after the 1 1/2hrs. It gotta be on 20th to 22nd of May, time - 10.30am to 12pm or 1 to 3pm, Any taker? Kindly sms me your name, age of babies/kids and brand use to 97640028. Thanks. Sally

Ah Huat,

Thanks for your input...I thinking of putting my girl either in kinderland/zoo phonics 3 hrs program. Do let me know what are the complaints.

Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 8:42 pm:       
Hi I'm ashril here n I do home tutoring n even coordinate with other
ex teachers to provide parents our service... I do tutoring in
preschool centers n some tuition centers in Singapore n I believe that
if u engage me I will help ur child to their fullest potential I'm
very much experience with phonics,reading n giv preparatory classes
for k2 kids to prepare them for pri 1 as for pri to jc I do have a
group of ex teachers to do home tutoring for ur child. Shld u engage
me u will get a 20% off on assessment bks n u will get access to our
ONLINE series of activities for ur child to prepare them for their
upcoming test / exam.... Do call me at 81807666.....no obligation any
queries or question do ask me ya....