Breastfed Baby Refusing Bottle

LiyaNa_Fa

Hi I need advice as I am returning work soon. My 3 month+ baby boy is breastfed from birth till now. He was able to drink from bottle when he was smaller but since latching was much easier, I neglected the bottle feedings. Now he has been rejecting bottle ever since he hit the 3 months mark. We have tried different methods like changing many brands of bottles and teats and even warming up the teats but failed. I thought he was as easy as my daughter transitioning to bottle when I worked last time. As my mother is the caretaker to him, I even left him with her for 9h++ but he merely drank 30ml. Recently I got upset as she introduced my son to formula milk Similac without me knowing and he was able to accept it. I find it very upsetting as my milk supply is good therefore I am determined to fully breastfeed my baby. FYI, my daughter was also formula fed under her care. I know it's tough on her handling my son like that and she is trying her best with alternative methods. So now, should I still pump at work to maintain my milk production though my son will be on formula during the day, thereafter latch him when I come back home? Even if I pump at work, it will be a waste. Last time with my Daughter, I did not pump at work but my metabolism took a toll that I had bad acne. I do not want to repeat this phase again. Please help me.

Hello mummy, it is not a bad thing that LO is accepting FM fine, as it gives u another option - there is a possibility that the supply drops when u go back to work. And the advantage is you do not need to pack so much milk over to your mom's place when u go to work.
However I'd also keep up with the pumping - one way is to have 1 bottle of FM a day, and the rest is BM.
Back then my supply was excellent. But because my LO didnt really accept FM (Perhaps cos we were following the PD suggestion to use HA formula which is bitter). I had no choice but to keep up with the pumping. Its helpful that my supply is good but there is always the stress there - why need to drink so much breastmilk still when already on solids etc. If menses come back , how ? It was not until she was almost 2 that she was ok with FM (I let her try other non HA FM also)

Think have to keep trying different teats.. you may want to read the below link... https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www...14-best-bottles-for-breastfeeding-babies/amp/

Ah... is really hard if you mum didn’t support you on bf.. mayb u wan to try to talk to her since your supply is good enough... my nanny also asked me to give formula but i insisted to give bm..

For me, i started to bottle feed both of my kids after 1mth plus as I worried they can’t used to bottle when I go back to work..

Both of my kids were 100% on breastmilk for 1yr plus... I wake up earlier everyday to pump before work and continue to pump in office during lunch hour..

What I did was, I will pass nanny the bm I pump from last night and some bm from freezer for day time supply..

When my kids started solid food, the bm then got extra to share with frien as her son was sensitive to cow milk..

My supply dropped a bit when menses come but still ok as baby already started solid food.. no need so much bm..

Jiayou mummies :)

Back