Infertility Blood Test on Immunity

sum05

Hi all

I went to kkh and did a series of blood tests to find out the reasons for infertility but the tests does not consists of immunity tests.

I have hyperthyroidism 5 yrs ago and will like to check if my immunity too strong or is there any immunity disorder..

Can someone share with me who can i approach to do such blood tests,pls? How much does it cost?

I really hope to do a more detailed testing to ensure everything is ok with me.

I went to department of Rheumatology & Immunology at SGH, many different tests incl sticky blood was 550$. You need to do test for Anti-thyroid autoantibodies.

I went to department of Rheumatology & Immunology at SGH, many different tests incl sticky blood was 550$. You need to do test for Anti-thyroid autoantibodies.
Thank you for the reply @Alishablond.

May i find out if there is a need for us to get a referral or just call SGH to make an appointment.

Do u need to get a doc consultation first? Can you share with me more on the process?

Thank you so much!

no needed a referral letter, I called SGH to make an appointment. I went to Dr Poh Yih Jia, dont remember how much was first consultation, second and subsequent was 70 sgd. On first appointment she send me for blood test, it was about 12 autoimmune and rheumatological tests plus full blood count and urine.
Everything was normal except tests for antiphospholipid syndrome. She said such test I need to re-peat after 3 months. So I did. In 3 mnts one of the test was still positive, she said to repeat also after 3 mnts.
So I did 3 times those autoimmune tests in the last 7 months, doctor recently prescribed me baby aspirin.
But I did not do a test for antibodies to the thyroid, bcz my thyroid is normal, you can ask doctor to do it for you.
Do you still have hyperthyroidism?

Hi @Alishablond , may I ask what was the reason that triggered you to have these immunity tests done?

my health report indicates potential slight inflammation and I'm worried it may affect ivf outcome so I'm also thinking to see Dr Poh since she subspecializes in pregnancy...

no needed a referral letter, I called SGH to make an appointment. I went to Dr Poh Yih Jia, dont remember how much was first consultation, second and subsequent was 70 sgd. On first appointment she send me for blood test, it was about 12 autoimmune and rheumatological tests plus full blood count and urine.
Everything was normal except tests for antiphospholipid syndrome. She said such test I need to re-peat after 3 months. So I did. In 3 mnts one of the test was still positive, she said to repeat also after 3 mnts.
So I did 3 times those autoimmune tests in the last 7 months, doctor recently prescribed me baby aspirin.
But I did not do a test for antibodies to the thyroid, bcz my thyroid is normal, you can ask doctor to do it for you.
Hi May i know how long do you waited for her 1st appointment?

@Alishablond Thank you so much for the reply. U even provide me the name of the doctor.. *Grateful.. i was thinking who may i approach.

Will give them a ring to fix an appt.

My pregnancy always stop at week 7 or 8 as there are no heartbeat develop. i just want to be certain if i have any autoimmunity disorder..

Yes, i have hyperthyroidism 5 years ago.

Fel C,
about 2 weeks.

Hi @Alishablond , may I ask what was the reason that triggered you to have these immunity tests done?

my health report indicates potential slight inflammation and I'm worried it may affect ivf outcome so I'm also thinking to see Dr Poh since she subspecializes in pregnancy...

I have an autoimmune skin disease for the last 20 years, not active anymore, but i knew that antinuclear antibody is still higher than normal range. Also I was wondering why I never was pregnant before, why can't get preg now, my hormones level is good, AMH 3.5 despite my age(I'm 40 y.o.), ovulate every months. I was reading western european forums, girls share their experience, they do immunity tests even before first IVF. But in Singapore doc send you to see an immune doctor only after 3 three unsuccessful attempts. Sounds like you spent 30k $, only after that can check immune system.

I made an appointment with Dr Poh in SGH..Due to my work commitment, i can only see her in 1st week of March..

She is available from Mid Jan..

Hi @Hopeful23, have u made appt with Dr Poh?

Wonder what will happen next if the results are not as ideal..Will she prescribe med and work with our fertility doc?

i have not.. I just went to polyclinic on Sat and will be going back for the blood test review tomorrow..will decide how to proceed from here

i paid $33 in total and mainly some proteins tests, anti nuclear antibodies test and esr...

Hi Hopeful23, i also have elvated esr but i didn't have time go check as from google, it is a imflammation somewhere in yr body. It sounded too wide and i am scared to check. Would u mind to disclose your results and prices of the tests you did with polyclinic. I may also go and test myself too. Thank u. You can pm me also can if you feel too private. Thank you.

ladies,
these test were done on my first visit to SGH.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 443

Back